Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hwanghae (황해) is a region of North Korea. It is administratively split into north and south parts.
- North Hwanghae Province (황해북도)
- South Hwanghae Province (황해남도)
- 1 Haeju - Capital of South Hwanghae province and significant port
- 2 Kaesong - city close to South Korean border; former capital of the Korean Kingdom, featuring one of the best preserved old towns in the country. Also a joint venture between the two Koreas for manufacturing.
- 3 Sariwon - Capital of North Hwanghae province
- 4 Sinchon - Site of an infamous Korean war massacre
- 1 Panmunjeom — village divided between two Koreas, the only place on Earth where cold war still is a reality
- The Sinchon Museum of American War Atrocities in Sinchon