Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not to be confused with Seoul/Seodaemun-Mapo .
Sinchon country (신천군) is a town in South Hwanghae province.
- Chahyesa Buddhist temple. Famous temple founded in 1572
- 1 Sinchon Museum of American War Atrocities. Sinchon is the site of a massacre of civilians which is blamed on the Americans by the North Korean government (Historians outside North Korea believe the massacre was propagated by both pro and anti communist vigilantes at the time). Expect a fairly one sided view of history.
- 2 Goguryeo Tombs. North Korea's first UNESCO world heritage site. These tombs include that of King Tongmyŏng, the founder of the Koguryo dynasty who died in 19 BCE.
- Visit the Sinch'ŏn and Kŭlloja hot springs.
- 1 Sinchon Central Market.