West Hyderabad is one of the newest areas of Hyderabad, having developed as a result of the IT boom starting in the late 1990s. Its core is called Cyberabad or Hi-tec city, but included in this district are the vast undifferentiated residential neighbourhoods that are home to the employees of the software companies that have their offices in Cyberabad.
The main road that connects Central Hyderabad to the West is National Highway 65 (NH65). It will take around 40 minutes to get to West Hyderabad when the traffic is at average levels.
- 1 Shilparamam, Hi tec city, Madhapur. 11AM-8PM. Designed as a contrast to the futuristic Cyber tower that lies across the road, the crafts village of Shilparamam ("sculpture village") guards the entrance road to Hi tec city. The intent is to showcase and preserve the old. There is a bazaar where you can buy assorted handicrafts and art work. There is also an entire village where you can find realistic-looking sculptures of villagers carrying out their traditional crafts. You can also find a rock museum which contains natural rock formations that allegedly look life-like. Make sure you carry cash as credit cards are not accepted by most shops. Also next to Shilpa Ramam is Shilpa Sandhya Vedika, a location for eating and shopping. ₹25.
- 2 Botanical Garden, Madhapur.
- 1 EmaarMGF Boulder Hills Golf and Country Club, Manikonda Village, Gachibowli, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com.
- ACS Golf Course, 4, 214 KPHB Colony, Kukatpally, ☏ .
- Shilparamam (also known as Night Bazaar), Madhapur. Exhibitions of handicrafts.
- Ginger Court, H No 1-74/1, Guttala, Hitech City, Madhapur, ☏ , , . Mughlai and Indian Chinese food.
- Olive Garden, 1-98/90/1, Hi-Tech City, Madhapur, ☏ , . 11:30AM-3:30PM, 7-11PM. Do not be misled by the name and expect Italian. It serves passable Mughlai and Punjabi fare.
- Collage, Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, ☏ . 24 hr. A good choice for a lunch or dinner buffet in Hi-tec City. The service is courteous and the spread is tasteful though not extensive. The Biryani is flavourful and the rest of the Indian fare is also quite decent. ₹1200.
- 1 Lemon Tree Hotel, Lane Behind ICICI Bank, Survey No. 115/1, Financial District, Nanakramguda (Opposite Q City). Check-in: 24 hrs. Set in the financial district of Gachibowli.
- 2 Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli (formerly: Ista Hyderabad), Road No. 2, Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Centrally located in the city’s new business district of Gachibowli. 166 rooms, suites, restaurants, meeting facilities and a spa. A decent attempt at combining the look of a resort with a business style hotel. ₹8,000-22,000.
- 3 Novotel Accor (near Hitec City Izzatnagar Kondapur), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. One of few options for those who need to stay close to Hitec city. Facilities for conferences and training seminars. Many dining options, and its bar is known simply as The Bar. ₹7,000-10,000.