City of Hyvinkää (population 45,000) is small town in Southern Finland and conveniently located about 50 km from Finland's capital Helsinki. Hyvinkää is located along Helsinki-Tampere railroad. And highway 3 (E12) is passing very near. Location of Hyvinkää provides many opportunities to exercise in nature. The green and verdant city also offers various cultural experiences.
Hyvinkää’s Tourist Office is in city hall, address Kankurinkatu 4-6 building O and it's open Mon -Thu 8.00–16.00 Fri 8.00–15.00. The Tourist Office provides brochures and maps of Hyvinkää area and various destinations and cities across Finland. The services are free for all customers. You can find free brochures also from Prisma shopping center, Kauppakuja 2
Hyvinkää community was founded 1917 and it changed to town 1960. Before 1917 Hyvinkää was part of Nurmijärvi community.
VR’s  suburban trains R, H and T operate to Hyvinkää from the Helsinki’s Central Railway Station. It’s 45-minutes train ride.
There are several lines operating from Helsinki to Hyvinkää. Most stops in bus station, some late buses just pass Hyvinkää by Highway 3 (E12). Duration ~1 to 1,5 hour. Depending if direct or not.
Hyvinkää’s center is located two kilometers from highway 3 (E12). South side of Hyvinkää is road 25 that goes to Porvoo and Hanko.
Hyvinkään liikenne  operates 6 regular-schedule local bus lines. The ticket costs €2.50 for adults or €1.50 for children under the age of 12. The ticket allows one immediate change at the railway station, where all the buses depart from. Buses usually go every half an hour, at 15 and 45 from railway station and at 00 and 30 from the other end of the route.
Hyvinkää is well known as a bicycling city. Grab a free cycling map from the Tourist information centre.
- 1 Finnish Railway Museum, Hyvinkäänkatu 9. Some thirty locomotives (ten steam driven, the oldest one from 1868) and many cars, including three cars of the Finnish train of the Russian emperor and the car of the president of Finland. Also exhibitions with other objects and photographs. There is a 1:8 railway on the museum premises. Founded already in 1898, moved here 1973–1974. The museum is in a historically significant place – the station and train yard for Hanko–Hyvinkää railway from early 1870s. You can get a special cachet on your letters and postcards if you mail them through the mailbox on the museum grounds. €3–8.
- Hyvinkää art museum, Hämeenkatu 3 D (2nd floor of Jussintori building). Mon closed, Tue–Thu 11:00–18:00, Fri–Sun 11:00–17:00. Art changes few times a year, most often local painters and sculptors. €4.
- Villa Arttu, Kankurinkatu 4–6 (Wanha Villatehdas). Daily 12:00–16:00. Child and Youth culture centre.
- Valvilla – textile museum, Kankurinkatu 4–6 (Wanha Villatehdas, yard side). Wed 12:00-15:00 or by appointment. The museum tells the story of the Valvilla textile plant, which was founded by Ossian Donner in 1892. It processed wool for almost 100 years and grew to one of the largest and most diverse textile plants in Finland. The plant has been closed for some time and the surrounding areas are being built as housing. €1.
- Hyvinkää - artist community, Vaiveronkatu 10. Tu–Su. Gallery with local art.
The city is surrounded by nature and therefore it provides people who enjoy sports excellent opportunities to exercise for example in the Sveitsi nature park, swimming pool or ski centre. There are also many interesting sports associations in Hyvinkää, for example pesäpallo team Hyvinkään Tahko, playing in Superpesis, American football team Hyvinkää Falcons, ice hockey teams H.K.H., Hyvinkää Storm and Hyvinkää Bruins and football (soccer) team Hyvinkään Palloseura,
There is a newly built shopping center, Willa, that was opened in March 2012. It has more than one hundred shops.
There are many restaurants in the center of Hyvinkää, for example Medicin Man, Martina, Amarillo and so on. There are also many places where you can get Asian food.
- Cumulus Hyvinkää, Hämeenkatu 2-4, ☏ . Just renewed small business hotel.
- Rantasipi Sveitsi, Härkävehmaankatu 4, ☏ . Quiet serene surroundings
|Routes through Hyvinkää|
|Vaasa ← Hämeenlinna ←||N S||→ Helsinki → END|