- Not to be confused with Incheon.
Icheon is a city in Gyeonggi-do Province.
A small city south east of Seoul, Icheon is a center for Korean ceramics and holds the annual Icheon Ceramic festival - the largest ceramic culture festival in Korea.
There is an intercity coach service between Seoul Express Bus Terminal (Metro Line 3) and 1 Icheon Bus Terminal. The journey is 2300 KWN each way (as of May 2015), with a bus departing every 30 minutes and takes just over an hour if you can avoid the heavy traffic period. You can pick up tickets at the ticket office if needed as the ticket machines only present locations in Hangeul and there are plenty of refreshments and food available at the station for travelers who skipped breakfast that morning.
There is a well stocked tourist information center located at the entrance of Seolbong Park with maps available in English, Korean or Chinese.
- 1 Seolbong Park and Lake. Found at the base of Seolbongsan mountain, the park is a medium size space that also plays host to the city's many traditional festivals. Year round there are some small ceramic based exhibitions, two museums and a sculpture garden to meander through. The park itself is 20 minutes walk from the town center or an even less demanding 5 minute cab ride. Entrance is free although the museums will charge a small fee.
- 2 Icheon Ceramics Village. Over 300 small shops and workshops sharing the goal to pass on Korean Ceramic making traditions onto the next generation. You can experience ceramic making itself or purchase a few unique pieces.
- 3 Starlight Garden Space (별빛정원우주), 287-76, Deoki-ro 154beon-gil, Majang-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea, ☏ . 17:00~23:00. It is a place where various images of the universe are displayed, and you can take pictures in many photo zones. Over 14years old ₩12,000, 3years old~13years old ₩6,000.
- 4 The Pig Museum (돼지박물관), Pig Theme Park 129-7 Imosan-ro 372beon-gil, Yul-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 10:00~17:00 (Closed on Monday). This is an educational farm where you can learn about life and environmental love. Adult ₩7,000, Teenager ₩6,000.
- 5 The Pig Museum (돼지박물관), Pig Theme Park 129-7 Imosan-ro 372beon-gil, Yul-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 10:00~17:00 (Closed on Monday). This is an educational farm where you can learn about life and environmental love. Adult ₩7,000, Teenager ₩6,000.
- Sansooyou village is just north of Icheon and offers a few temples and Naksujae Waterfall