- Not to be confused with Icheon.
Incheon (Hangul: 인천, Hanja: 仁川, formerly romanized as Inchon) is a city in South Korea on the coast directly bordering the west of Seoul. It is a rapidly expanding centre for new urban development in Korea. Several beautiful islands, such as Yeongjong Island and Ganghwa Island, are also within city limits.
Incheon is a historically and economically significant place for Koreans. During the Korean War, the city was the site of the Incheon Landing by American forces. In 2016, Incheon became the third most populous city in the country after the Seoul Metropolitan Government and Busan Metropolitan Government, with 3 million people, of whom about 60,000 are foreigners.
The city serves as a transportation hub by air and sea, with a massive harbor and a major international airport.
The status of the area is set to increase as various national projects are in development here. The New Songdo City plan, the most expensive real estate development in Korean history, is in progress. One of the world's tallest twin tower buildings, 151 Incheon Tower, is under early construction and one of Korea's tallest buildings, the Northeast Asia Trade Tower, is already finished. It is planning to launch further independent mini-cities for shopping, housing, and education. It received a lot of visitors for the 2014 Incheon Asian Games. Despite these developments, the Songdo district of Incheon is unfinished and not yet permitted for full inhabitation,
Famous places within Incheon Metropolitan City include Wolmido Island, the Chinatown, and the opening of the Woncheon Stream, Sorae Port and Incheon Grand Park in the southeastern region, Eulwangni Beach, Wangsan Beach, many islands, Songdo International City and Cheongna Lake Park.
However, Incheon Metropolitan City does not have a good place to look around various areas. Incheon is caused by a wide city area. However, there are no major difficulties because major tourist attractions are concentrated in Wondocheong Station and Ganghwa Island, while Incheon Grand Park, Sorae Port and the island are separate from those in Wondoche, Ganghwa Island and Yeongjong Island. And with the opening of city railroads and wide-area railroads in Incheon, travel between regions is also very convenient compared to other regions except Seoul.
And the easy thing to overlook is that the total area of Incheon metropolitan city is 1,062 km², much larger than the Seoul Metropolitan Government (605 km²), followed by Ulsan city (1,057 km²) among metropolitan cities. In addition, as it is long and divided into several islands, it takes a long time to travel around Incheon on public transportation.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Incheon is sometimes affected by yellow dust from the Mongolian desert region.
Incheon International Airport (ICN IATA) is South Korea's main gateway. The AREX train connects the airport to Gyeyang (20 min), where you can transfer to the Incheon subway line. Alternatively, the limousine bus line (50 min) is always available to go to many places in Incheon, or you can take a taxi (25 min) to get into the city.
The largest operator is now Weidong, but passengers can look at full listings on the port's website (only in Korean). These ferries are similar to miniature cruise lines and provide karaoke rooms, console games, and DVD rentals (private rooms only).
The trip can take as long as 24 hours, so if you have an economy ticket, request a sleeper bunk for a comfortable trip. If they are all taken, however, the only other option for an economy ticket is the sleeping deck where everyone will stay like sardines in a can. Arrive at the terminal 2–3 hours before departure to ensure there is availability for the bunks.
Kyeong-in line called Metropolitan Line 1 links Seoul to Incheon. The line often provides express trains that skip some minor stops between Dong-incheon station and Yongsan station. By using the express trains passengers can save up to 30 minutes depending on where they go and for the same fare.
The port of Incheon, the gateway to the Seoul metropolitan area in the waterway, was first opened in 1883. The port of Incheon is an export port, and there are passenger ships that ship old cars and various exports to and from Incheon to China. It consists of internal, northern and southern ports. The inland waterway was opened to traffic in 2012, a scenic route linking the Yellow Sea and the Han River. Meanwhile, international passenger ships are operating in each city of the People's Republic of China. The First International Passenger Terminal has routes to Yingkou, Qinhuangdao, Yantai, Dalian and Dandong. The second passenger terminal has ships operating in the areas of Weihai, Qingdao, Tianjin and Lianyungang. Incheon Hangshin International Passenger Terminal is under construction.
- 1 Incheon City Hall station
From various cities in South Korea, there are numerous Intercity Bus routes heading to Incheon.
From Seoul, there are some express bus routes which are mainly used by commuters.
|1000||Seoul Station||Gyeongnam Honorsbill|
|1100||Seoul Station||Naho Park|
|1200||Seoul Station||Miju Bathhouse|
|1300||Seoul Station||Dongmak Station|
|1400||Seoul Station||Incheon Terminal|
|1500||Seoul Station||Lotte Mart|
Most of them connect Incheon from Seoul station, Shinchon and Gangnam station. For example, route 1400 links Seoul station, Shinchon, Hongdae and Bupyeong.
Subway line No.1 and Suin line have connected to Seoul and Gyeonggi Province. The subway line passes through many famous places. If you get off the 'Gyeyang station', you can see the Gyeongin Ara Waterway.
For visitors who want to visit more places in Incheon, local bus lines could be another great option. There are about 2,000 operating buses; therefore, a visitor can go almost everywhere.
Land and water double use bus
In Ara waterway, there are several 'land and water double use buses'. You can stop by and experience them. It takes about 1 hour and you can look around in Ara Waterway. The hours of operation are 11:00-11:30 to 15:30-17:30 on weekdays. On weekends, the hours of operation are from 10:00 to 18:00. The times between departures are 30 minutes or 1 hour.
There are a number of taxis on the street, and a taxi can be called under 1577-5588.
Incheon International Airport, opened in 2001, is South Korea's largest airport and located on Yeongjong Island, Jung-gu. Most flights to and from Incheon International Airport are from South Korea's air carriers Korean Air and Asiana Airlines.
Incheon has a lot of attractions in each region. There are places where you can experience things and places where you can feel nature. Visitors can easily get interested because there are special features in each area.
- 1 Incheon Fishery Market (연안부두 종합어시장), 27-69 Hang-dong 7(chil)-ga, Jung-gu, ☏ . Daily 05:00-21:00. The country's largest seafood distribution market, which distributes seafood sent directly to the Seoul metropolitan area. Fresh seafood and raw fish can be bought at a low price, and fresh raw fish can be eaten if you pay extra for the restaurant.
- 2 Sinpo International Market (신포 국제시장), 11-5 Uhyeon-ro 49beon-gil, Sinpo-dong, Jung-gu, ☏ . 10:00-21:30. A representative market in Incheon with more than 100 years of history. This place is a market with a variety of delicious foods, and the most famous food is chicken Gangjeong.
- 3 Soraepogu Fishery Market (소래포구 어시장), Namdong-gu, Nonhyeon-dong, 680 1, ☏ . 09:00-12:00. Large enough to represent the Republic of Korea and has a deep history. It sells a wide variety of seafood like the Incheon Fishery Market.
- 4 Moraenae market (모래내시장), Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . 10:00-21:00. Moraenae market is a traditional market. It was first formed in May 1982. It is a comprehensive market where various products are sold.
- Yonghyeon market (용현 시장), Yonghyeon-dong. Around 400 stores including a grocery store, food, fisheries and livestock products, fruit, clothing, accessories. This market has a ‘Music box’: music broadcasts are held every Monday and Saturday from 14:00-16:00 with the application song of merchants and customers. You can listen to the story of the market merchant's life through the broadcast, and you can listen to the songs you applied for while watching the market. There is also a cutely decorated cafe in the market where you can chat.
- Jungseojin-jungang traditional market (정서진중앙시장), 11, Wonchang-ro 239beon-gil, Seo-gu. Jungseojin Jungang Traditional Market is located in seo-gu and is developing into a traditional cultural and cultural market with a theme by actively applying the tourism elements of Junggamjin which is beautiful in the sunset and cultural elements of the region. The commercial building-type medium-sized market offers a wide range of items, including vegetables, livestock, fisheries, clothing, and vegetable and many users.
- 5 Taeung-jon Hall, Chondung-sa Temple (전등사 대웅전). This temple is Korea treasure 178 issue. It was appointed in 1963.
- 6 Incheon government office building (인천도호부청사), Namgu-maesohol road 589. It was the first to be declared a tangible cultural property in Incheon. The buildings across the street from Munhak Stadium are reproductions, not tangible cultural properties.
- 7 Buddhist Sanctuary, Jeong-Su Temple (강화 정수사 법당), Hwado-myeon Sagi-ry 467-3, Gwanghwa. It is the No. 161 national treasure.
- Gachon Museum.
- 8 GangHwa Hyanggyo (강화향교). Hyanggyo is the Confucian temple and school to teach local students in the Joseon Dynasty period.
- 9 GangHwa mountain fortress (강화산성), Guk hwa-ri, Ganghwa-eup. It was built in Goryeo period. The path of the fortress along the ridges is full of green. When you climb Namsan Mountain, where Namjangdae is located, Ganghwa under the mountain unfolds like a picture. If you can see the sea behind Ganghwa and the weather is good, you can see Songak Mountain in North Korea behind the sea. When you walk along the walls with calm scenery, you will find a tranquil forest path. A trail is built along the fortress.
- 10 GangHwa Daesan-ry dolmen distant view (강화대산리지석묘원경), 1189, Daesan-ry, Ganghwa-eup. It is appointed in 1995. This cultural property is related to brazen age.
- 11 Incheon Metropolitan City Museum, 26 Cheongryang-ro 160, Yeonsu-district (Okryeon-dong 525-0). It is a cultural complex that collects, preserves and exhibits cultural heritages in the Incheon area, and citizens learn and enjoy together.
- 12 Memorial Hall for Incheon Landing Operation, 525, Ongnyeon-dong, Yeonsu-gu. Mar-Oct: Tu-Su 09:00-18:00; Nov-Feb: Tu-Su 09:00-17:00. Museum about the landing of 70,000 troops led General MacArthur in 1950 during the Korean War. The museum has some landing craft and missiles from the war, and a memorial statue. free.
- Neungheodae, Okryeon-dong, Yeonsu-district. This is where envoys sail during the Baekje period when they traveled to and from China. There is a small pavilion and a pond, and there is an artificial waterfall and a fountain in the pond.
- 13 Seonsu-guard post (선수돈대), 1831, Nae-ry, Hwado-myeon. It was made the Joseon Dynasty period. Also it is one of the 48 guard posts. Nearby are the southern and northern guard posts.
- Woninjae, Yeonsu-dong, Yeonsu-district. It is to protect the tomb of Heo-gyeom Lee, the founder of Lee in Incheon, and hold a memorial service. You can see the antique hanok in the city center.
- 14 Inha University (인하대학교), 인천광역시 미추홀구 인하로 100 (학익동), ☏ . The name "Inha," a school deeply associated with ethnic Koreans in Hawaii, was also built after the initials of Incheon and Hawaii.
- 15 Incheon National University (인천대학교), 217, Songnim-ro, Michuhol-gu, ☏ . Many people also say that the area around the university feels desolate due to lack of development. However, a number of large shopping malls, including Shinsegae Department Store, will be located in and around Incheon University Station in 2020.
- 16 Chungwoon University (청운대학교), 인천광역시 남구 도화2.3동, Dohwa 2(i).3(sam)-dong, Nam-gu, ☏ . The school’s commercial facilities include a student restaurant, a Bongus rice burger, a cafe on the first and fourth floors, a toast shop and GS25 City convenience stores. In front of the main gate, Rodeo Street is being constructed, and cafes, hospitals and pharmacies are housed, and many students are expected to use it when it is completed.
- 17 Yonsei University (연세대학교 국제캠퍼스), Songdo-dong, 과학로 85 KR 인천광역시 연수구 송도1동 연세대학교 국제캠퍼스 ConvertZone, ☏ .
- 18 Songdo-Beer Festival (송도맥주축제), 350, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . differ from year to year. The Super Beer & Music Festival is held in the park, where the green grass is shining cool! Asia's largest stage and the venue of more than 30,000 simultaneous inmates will feature the most delicious beer, food, joyful live concerts, fireworks and EDM parties. Food truck.
- 19 Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival (인천 펜타포트 락 페스티벌), 350, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu (Public Transportation Subway Exit from the International Business Unit of Incheon Subway Line 1 a public transport bus Interstate 908 (Comprehensive Terminal) → Exit from the Free Economic Zone Clearance Station <Households> Navigation search word Songdo Moonlight Festival Park or Training Center 350), ☏ . August. The name Pentaport is a combination of penta- and port, which means five. Since the late 1990s, the Incheon Metropolitan Government's strategy of combining five new cities by adding the business-port and leisure sectors to the triport with three elements: airport, port and information and communication base.Pentaport also refers to five different meanings that represent the spirit and philosophy of the festival: music, passion, naturalism, do it yourself, and friendship.
- 20 Sorae-port festival (소래포구축제), 111-200, Nonhyeon-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . The Incheon Soraepo Construction System is a festival based on the basic concept of being the only traditional fishing port in the metropolitan area. The Incheon Soraepo Construction System offers a variety of attractions, as well as rich participation events, including various events, to help visitors and residents become one. Various salted fish, discount sales of local agricultural and fisheries products, and surprise auction events and fish porridge dinners to promote the special products of Sorae Port during the festival are also receiving favorable responses from tourists, and greatly contributing to enhancing the tourist image of Sorae Port. free.
- 21 [dead link] Incheon Songdo Fireworks Festival (인천송도불빛축제), 196, Techno park-ro, Yeonsu-gu. The Incheon Songdo Fireworks Festival is a festival where lovers, family members and friends can enjoy various nightly lights, performances, and experience programs such as the beautiful world, lighting art zones, lighting shows with music, Christmas special zones, etc. free.
- 22 Koryo Mountain azalea Festival (고려산 진달래 축제), Ganghwa Island Koryo Mountain. Every April, a festival is held near Mt. Koryo in Ganghwa, where azalea blossoms bloom. It is by far considered the best spring flower festival in Incheon. Although the mountain is rather high at 400 meters above sea level, many people climb the mountain to see azalea flowers. When you climb the mountain, you can enjoy not only azaleas but also various landscapes of Ganghwa. During the festival period, various experiences are available over the weekend.
- 23 [dead link] Arts Centre (아트 센터), 149 Yesul-ro, Guwol 3(sam)-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . An arts and entertainment venue in Guwol-dong (with which it is loosely synonymous). There are several large department stores, cinemas, designer shops, restaurants, and a central square named Rodeo Street. Sporting events are sometimes shown on a screen in the central square. Also, the place has a couple of stadiums for professional baseball and soccer games.
- 24 Chinatown (차이나타운), Gaho-dong, Jung-gu, ☏ . open 24 hours. This is the only official Chinatown in South Korea. Incheon's Chinatown has become very clean by carrying out extensive maintenance projects and has become one of the leading tourist areas in Incheon. It has a reputation as the area where jajangmyeon originated. Chinatown is full of Chinese restaurants and souvenir shops. Of course, many Chinese people reside there, so Chinese schools are there too. The area is located at the end of Metropolitan Line 1 that directly connects Incheon with Seoul. The main entrance to Chinatown is in front of the Incheon station. The area is very crowded with visitors on weekends, so if you'd like to avoid crowds, go during the week.
- 25 Liberty Park (Jayu park, 자유공원), 25 Jayugongwonnam-ro, Bukseong-dong 3(sam)-ga, Jung-gu, ☏ . open 24 hours. Liberty Park is next to Chinatown. It is the first modern park in Korea. For most Incheon citizens, the park is well known for General MacArthur's statue and the memorial of the Centennial Anniversary of U.S.-South Korean relations. If you go to Liberty Park in April, you can see the full bloom of cherry blossoms. This place is a resting place for citizens who can see Incheon's downtown area, the surrounding mountains, ports, and the sea at a glance, and various events are also held frequently.
- 26 Independence Memorial Hall. This was built to celebrate Korea's independence from Japan. There are a monument of General MacArthur and several other statues that symbolize the country's independence.
- 27 Songdo International City (송도 국제도시). This is a multi-billion dollar planned city where Korea's tallest building, the North Asia Trade Tower, is located. In addition, the world's tallest twin tower buildings, 151 Incheon Tower, are in the early stage of construction. As part of the Free Economic Zone, Songdo represents the bright future of Incheon. This area is still very much in development.
- Incheon Islands. There are several islands accessible by ferries. Most islands provide comfortable environments with fresh air and various cuisines that allow visitors to stay away from city life for a while. Also, the islands have great hiking roads and beaches. Here are several islands people can easily visit: Daecheongdo, Yeonpyeongdo, Ganghwado, Yeongjongdo, Muuido, and Deokjeokdo.
- 28 Wolmido (월미도). Wolmido was a major harbor in Incheon until Yeonan Budu was developed. However, visitors can still do many things in Wolmido. There is a small park, surrounded by a nature walk road. There are also many seafood restaurants and cafes with a great ocean view. What is more, a small harbor that can bring visitors to several islands is still operating. The Chinatown is just a few minutes away, so tourists usually take two sightseeing courses with Wolmido. The most famous place is an amusement park popular with locals. Wolmido Amusement Park is not a state-of-the-art facility, but disco and pirate ships are famous. It is said that the pirate ship is the scariest of Wolmido because of its loose seat belt. However, there are no known safety problems with the rides.
- 29 Incheon Munhak Stadium (인천 문학 경기장), 482 munhak-dong, Nam-gu, ☏ . Munhak Stadium consists of a main stadium, a baseball field, a auxiliary stadium, a swimming pool, a football stadium, a square, an x-game field, a camping ground and an artificial rock wall. Incheon. The closest station is Munhak Stadium on Incheon Subway Line No. 1, named after the stadium.
- 30 Ara tower (아라타워), Oryu-dong, Seogu. It is tower of Gyeongin Ara canal. On the first floor of Ara tower, there are information, lobby, exhibition space, video theater, and cafe.
- 31 Hanok village (한옥마을), Yeonsu-gu Convensia-daero. It is very small Hanok (traditional Korean-style houses) village in Songdo Central Park. There are Hanok restaurants, Hanok cafes, Hanok hotels and cultural experience facility.
- Gyeyang mountain, Gyesan-dong, Gyeyang-district. Mt. Gyeyang, which is 395 m above sea level, is the highest mountain in Incheon, except for Ganghwa Island. In spring, azaleas color the whole mountain red. Surrounding islands such as Yeongjong Island and Ganghwa Island are visible at the west, Gimpo airport and Seoul at the east, Goyang city to the north, and Incheon metropolitan city to the south. It is attractive to be able to meet many cities on the top of the mountain.
- Munhak mountain, Munhak-dong, Michuhol-district. It is a mountain not so high at 217 m above sea level. There are various paths up the mountain. There are about five to six hiking courses that people like to visit.
- ‘Open port area’ Street, Jungang-dong, Jung-gu. As you enter the street of the opening port, the boundary between the past and the present becomes blurred. History of the end of the Joseon Dynasty from Japanese colonial period was alive. Thanks to this, the entire street has become a historical and cultural space. Although this place is suffering from the pain of modern history, it has been remodeled into various forms, including museums and exhibition halls. This street has preserved modern architecture and reorganized the surrounding area to showcase its history and tourism products.
- Ganghwa Peace Observatory, Ganghwa. The Ganghwa Peace Observatory is a place for displaced people who wished for peaceful unification and left their hometowns, and is the building ranges from one basement to four floors above ground. The first basement level and the fourth floor of the ground are military facilities, which restrict civilian access. The first floor is a restaurant, a Ganghwa Specialty and a special-product market selling North Korean specialties, and the second floor is an exhibition hall that presents the situation of the Korean Peninsula, a desire for unification and a vision after unification.
- Baedari(pontoon bridge) (배다리), Geumchang-dong and Songhyeon-dong, Dong-district. It is named after a long time ago that a small boat traveled under the iron bridge through the channel where the seawater flowed in. It refers to the area of Geumchang-dong and Songhyeon-dong, Dong-gu, Incheon. This is famous for secondhand bookstore street. There are only five bookstores left on the old bookstore streets created in the 1960s and 1970s. There is a space beam opposite the old bookstore street. It is an old Incheon brewery building, and as a result of the new regional art research group, various art activities and urban community projects are under way. Walking from Space Beam to Changyoung Elementary School, you can find murals painted on the alley walls. The past and present life of the people here are depicted in murals.
- Ganghwa Hwamunseok Village (강화 화문석 마을). Ganghwa Hwamunseok Village is a traditional rural theme village. Visitors can enjoy various cultural and traditional experiences that follow from the village. Hwamunseok is a flower mat made out of flower patterns. It is widely used in summer and has a great decorative effect because of its beautiful patterns. The village runs a Hwamunseok weaving experience program, which is also a specialty product. In addition, a tour of the Hwamunseok Museum is available throughout the year, and the museum will hold farming and agricultural harvest experiences in each season, taking advantage of rural areas. You can experience of the ecological environment and history. Visitors can also visit historical sites, art galleries, museums and reservoirs nearby the village. Farming houses will also be operated for experience.
- Mui island (무의도). The scenery of the island where you climb the mountains that stretch across Mui Island is lush and beautiful. You can feel the mood of Mui island through water play at Silmi Beach(Silmi island). The sand is fine and the water is clean. Unlike the East Sea, the slope is gentle, making it ideal for families to play. There are bungalows suitable for summer vacations, many foreigners visit.
- Museum of Korean Immigration history (한국 이민사 박물관), Wolmi island. The Museum of Korean Immigration history was built in 2003 to honor the pioneer life of ancestors and convey its footsteps to descendants.
- Baengnyeong Island (백령도). It takes four hours to get to Baengnyeong Island. You may get seasick when the wind is strong, and the ship operation is not constant depending on the weather. It is a difficult island to access, but it has such amazing mysteries, scenic views, and many tourist attractions. It is often referred to as the jewel of the West Sea. It is also one of the top 100 tourist destinations in Korea selected by the Korea Tourism Organization.
- Yeongjong island (영종도). It is the place where Incheon International Airport is and Eulwangri Beach is famous. There are also historic mountains and temples. An island with an area of 125.7 km² in Jung-gu, Incheon. It is South Korea's sixth-largest island and is home to a large-scale reclamation project to build Incheon International Airport. Half of the island's total area is the site of Incheon International Airport. As shown by the satellite imagery above, the island was divided into four islands (Yeongjongdo, Sinbuldo, Sammokdo, and Yongyu Island) in the past, but it became an island through reclamation, and the vast mudflats between Yongyu Island have been transformed into an airport site.In the past, it was only possible to travel through an embankment linking the island to the island. Residents mainly lived on fishing or farming. Salt fields were huge all over the island, but now they're all closed. It overtook Ulleungdo in the late 2000s when reclamation projects were in full swing and surpassed Wando as well as Ulleungdo. It was later expanded to a width of 125 km², which is wider than the facial island, due to continued additional reclamation. The only road that connects is a motorway, so if you don't have a car, you'll have to take a bus, a railway, or a ship on Wolmi Island to get to land. Two-wheeled or large-sized special vehicles that cannot enter the highway must ride in a Paris that connects to Wolmido Island. In addition, there is a magnetic levitation railway at Incheon Airport due to orbital traffic within the island. In the long run, the plan will be a route that will circulate the entire island. There is an airport railway station at the entrance to Yeongjong.
Watch baseball, the national sport, at Munhak Baseball Stadium (home to SK Wyverns) and football at Incheon Football Stadium (Incheon United FC).
- Incheon SK Happy Dream Park, Incheon Michuhol-district Masohol-ro 618 (Munhak-dong). It is the home stadium for the SK Wyverns in the Korean professional baseball league.
- Incheon Munhak Stadium, Incheon Michuhol-district Masohol-ro 618 (Munhak-dong 482). It is stadium consists of a main stadium, a baseball stadium (Incheon SK Happy Dream Park), a auxiliary stadium, a swimming pool, a football field, a square, an x-game field, a camping ground, and an artificial rock wall.If you visit the Incheon Munhak Stadium, the home stadium of the SK Wyverns, you can experience the passionate cheering culture of baseball fans. Also, both eyes and mouth will be fun because there are many other things to eat besides things to see. The 2018 SK Wyverns' victory is adding to baseball fans' enthusiasm.
- Incheon Football Stadium (인천축구전용경기장), 246, Chamoejeon-ro, Jung-gu. Incheon Football Stadium is a soccer-only stadium in Incheon, South Korea. Incheon United FC has been using it as a home stadium since the 2012 season, and it is also where the Haiti match, an exhibition game for the Korean national soccer team, was held on Sept. 6, 2013. Originally called "Sungui Arena Park," but the stadium was named "Incheon Football Stadium" on Feb. 23, 2012. As the distance between the stadium and the stands is only one meter, the stadium is considered the closest to the stadium in South Korea. Also, the team bench is inside the stands.
- Gyeyang Gymnasium (계양체육관), 855, Bongo-daero, Gyeyang-gu. Gyeyang Gymnasium is an indoor gymnasium in Seo-dong, Gyeyang-gu, Incheon. The V-League's Incheon Korean Air Jumbo and Incheon Heungkuk Life Pink Spiders use it as their home stadium. Badminton and airlift were played here in the 2014 Asian Games.
- Samsan World Gymnasium (삼산체육관), 60, Cheyukgwan-ro, Bupyeong-gu (Samsan Gymnasium Station, a subway station on Seoul's Subway Line No. 7). Samsan World Gymnasium is an indoor general stadium in Samsan-dong, Bupyeong-gu. The stadium has 7,500 seats, and is the largest indoor stadium in the Incheon metropolitan government. It has a swimming pool, auxiliary gymnasium, living and sports facilities, performance facilities and convention centers. There is also an artificial turf soccer stadium outside next to the gym. Construction was completed in 2006, and it has been used as the home stadium for the Electronic Land Basketball Team since December 2006. Starting with the 2006 final of the SKY professional league, the 2007 final of the Shinhan Bank's late professional league, the 2008 final of the EVER star league, and the 2010 final of the big file MSL were held at the stadium three times, and the Korean Series of the 2017 League of the Champions League, including the 2013-2014 and the 2018 Korea Ladies Professional Football League, are also hosting the championship series. There was a basketball game at the 2014 Incheon Asian Games.
- Go to the hot place in Guwol-dong. If you go, you can enjoy the nightlife. It has many delicious restaurants and pubs.
- 1 [dead link] Incheon culture & arts center (인천문화예술회관), 1408 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . The Incheon Culture & Arts Center has served as the home of culture and the arts in Incheon.
- 2 Haughty Cat (도도한 고양이), Rodeo Plaza 5th floor 1463-2 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . It is a cat café where you can drink some coffee and enjoy with cats. All beverages: ₩8,000.
- 3 Fairy-tale town (동화마을), Songwol-dong 3-ga, Jung-gu. This town is designed to show like fairy tales. The murals here are three-dimensional, so it's a great place to take commemorative pictures with family or lover. There are souvenir shops, experience facility and food shops.
- 4 G tower, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu. It has an observatory and IFEZ (Incheon Free Economic Zone) public relations hall on the 33rd floor, the top floor. You can see the whole view of Songdo and Incheon Bridge from the observatory. There is also a sky garden on the 29th floor.
- 5 Songdo Central Park, Yeonsu-gu Songdo-dong Convensia-daero 160. It is a large park between tall buildings in downtown Songdo, where boats, canoes and water taxis can be taken on the 3.6-kilometer waterway. You can see deer and rabbits and rent a multi-seater or single bicycle. It is a tourist attraction in Songdo which has a very fine view.
- 6 NC Cube Canal Walk, Canal Walk 17-1 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . Cafes and shops of various themes are gathered to allow visitors to shop for various brand products as well as enjoy delicious food, attractions and cultural performances. There are four seasons-themed spring, summer, fall and winter-dong along the artificial waterway. There is a long waterway between the two buildings, and there are many sculptures, trees, fountains, and stepping-stone along the waterway to feel relaxed. A European-style outdoor cafe is located near the waterway and has a place to rest. On weekends, cultural events such as performances, exhibitions and events are also abundant.
- Bupyeong Underground Shopping Center. Bupyeong Underground Shopping Center is 1.8 km from Bupyeong Station to the Bupyeong cultural street. There are 1408 stores operating in an area of 3,1692m2. Boasting the largest number of stores in a single area, it was certified as a world record in October 2015. Various items are sold and the convenient transportation network attracts shoppers not only from locals but also from the metropolitan area.
- Songdo Convensia. Songdo Convensia has international level exhibition halls, conference halls and event hall with advanced ubiquitous facilities. The exhibition hall can accommodate up to 450 booths and the ceiling height is 32m, allowing for various kinds of exhibitions that are not restricted by space. The hotel is located 20 minutes away by car from Incheon International Airport, so its overseas access is excellent. There are six luxury hotels and a variety of accommodation infrastructure around Songdo Convensia.
- 7 Incheon Grand Park, Namdong-district Munemi-ro 236 (Jangsu-dong). A large park in the eastern inland area of Incheon. It has various facilities including a children's zoo, a botanical garden, an arboretum, a sledding area, etc. There are so many cherry blossom trees that the scenery is very nice during the cherry blossom season. As it is surrounded by Mt. Gwanmosan and Mt. Sanga, the hiking course is included inside the park. It is 160 meters tall and 150 meters high, and the hiking trail is very well maintained, so it went up without any burden for men, women and children It can come down.
The cherry blossom season is very good. and it gets very crowded during the cherry blossom season. Unusually, Jangsu-dong, where Incheon Grand Park is located, loses its cherry blossoms late due to the low temperature and whether it is due to the wind from the direction of Soreong.
- Songdo Triple Street, Songdo-dong 176-1. It is a complex shopping mall in Songdo, divided into A-dong, B-dong, C-dong and D-dong, and consists of three floors above ground from the first basement level. A lawn and small stage are installed between the C-dong and D-dong, so major events are held here.
- Ganghwa mudflat, Incheon Ganghwa, on the west coast. Ganghwa mud flat is the world's top five mudflat and one of the largest mudflat in Korea. This refers to the mudflats from Ganghwado Island to Sihwa Embankment in the south, centered on Yeongjongdo Island in Incheon. It is well preserved and its economic value is very high.
- Gyeongin Arabat Road, the coast of Incheon. Gyeongin Arabat-road that connects the waters off Incheon with the Han River, is the first canal in Korea and is an 18-km water route linking the West Sea and the Han River. A pleasant bicycle road and a park have been built on both sides of the Arabat Road, making it a popular resting place for residents. The Arabat Road bike path is connected to the Han river bike road, which allows you to ride your bike to the West Sea from downtown Seoul.
- Sorae Wetland Ecological Park, Nonhyeon-dong, Namdong-district. It is a park in Nonhyeon-dong, Namdong-district. The entire area is about 3.5 million m² in size. In August–September, you can observe the production of salt from the salt farms, and you can also experience harvesting it. There is also an ecological exhibition hall, and there is also a mud flat experience area where you can observe the living things such as crabs and shellfish.
- Incheon Art Platform, Jemulryang-ro 218-3, Jung-gu. It is a multicultural art space. It is used as a creative studio, studio, exhibition hall, and performance hall. It is carrying out various cultural events and creative support projects for writers.
- Tribowl, Incheon Tower Street 250, Yeonsu-gu. It is a unique pottery-shaped building with a narrow bottom and expanding upward structure. It is a compound word of triple and bowl. It is a complex cultural space that operates various performances, exhibitions and educational programs for Incheon citizens.
- National Museum of Biological Resources, Seo-district Gyeongseo-dong. It is on the exquisite border between the city and the countryside. It is equipped with the largest water burial facility in the East, which can hold more than 11 million biological samples, and is operating an advanced management system that can permanently preserve biological samples. Exhibitions and education centers also display 4,600 specimens of 985 native plants on the Korean Peninsula. It runs an experience learning center where you can see, touch, and feel various creatures in person, not just display.
- Ganghwa Trail, Ganghwa. It will pass through history and culture, including the World Heritage site in Ganghwa. From the old history of the Korean Peninsula, you can see old and modern history. It covers 20 sections of 19 courses and 310.5 kilometers. It is divided according to the subject, so you can choose your route as you like. Visitors can meet the dolmen of the prehistoric age, royal tombs and buildings of the Goryeo Dynasty, and Dondae of the Joseon Dynasty, who fought against foreign powers. There is a sea and a river, and walking along the path between the blue sky and the fields, you can see a beautiful sunset.
There are several movie theaters in Incheon. Big multiplex movie theater chains, such as CGV, Lotte Cinema and Megabox, are represented in Incheon and show movies of various genres.
- 8 CGV Incheon, 4th floor, SEE&SEEE, 1130 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . 14 screens and 3390 seating capacity.
- 9 CGV Incheon terminal, 15 Gwangyo-dong, Nam-gu, ☏ . 4 screens and 516 seating capacity.
- 10 CGV Bupyeong, 489, Majang-ro, Bupyeong-gu, ☏ . 10 screens and 1464 seating capacity.
- 11 Lotte Cinema Incheon, 7th floor, Lotte department store, 1455 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☏ . 9 screens and 1341 seating capacity.
- 12 Megabox Yeonsu, 106, Beotkkot-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . 9 screens and 1650 of seating capacity
In Incheon, there are a large number of quality restaurants but do not expect the staff to be able to speak English.
Bupyeong and Guwol-dong Rodeo Street are two main areas for food and drink. It has the advantage of being able to enjoy a meal with drinks as well as meals. A variety of genres is available. Korean food generally offers a delightful and exciting experience. If someone is not familiar with Korean food, there are also many American and Italian restaurants which could be a safe bet for foreign visitors.
- 1 Bupyeong New-York Chinese restaurant (부평 뉴욕반점) (in Bupyeong), ☏ . It is a very famous Chinese restaurant. The Sweet and Sour Pork is made with sweet rice, and directly cut on the client's table. A course= ₩20,000, B course= ₩25,000, C course= ₩30,000.
- 2 Warmhearted Chicken feet (정든 닭발), ☏ . A franchise brand, for South Korean people who like to eat chicken feet. ₩12,000.
- 3 Yeon gyeong white jajang (연경짜장), 5-1,3ga bokseong-dong, jung-gu (in the Chinatown), ☏ . This restaurant went on the air lots of times. white jajangmyeon ₩8,000.
- 4 Original Sinpo sweet and sour chicken (원조 신포닭강정), 1-12 Sinpo-dong, Jung-gu, ☏ . This restaurant serves sweet and sour chicken, a local favorite.
- 5 Samgang Seolleongtang (삼강설렁탕), 95-8 Gyeong-dong, Jung-gu, ☏ . This restaurant serves seolleongtang, a stock soup of bone and stew meat. This restaurant boasts of a tradition that goes back 60 years. Seolleongtang: ₩6,000.
- 6 Japanese Bistro (작은식당), Hyundai Hillstate Apt.402 No. 110, 21-60 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . This restaurant serves Japanese food. Try the pork cutlet with mozzarella cheese. Set Menu with Pork Cutlet with Mozzarella Cheese: ₩11,000, Set Menu with Pork Cutlet: ₩8,000, Buckwheat Soba Noodles: ₩6,000, Udon: ₩6,000.
- 7 Teru (테루), 107, Art center-daero, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . everyday 11:00~22:00. Japanese food. Try the cheese fondue pork cutlet . Cheese fondue pork cutlet: ₩9,900, Triple cheese pork cutlet: ₩8,900, Set menu with soba noodles: ₩7,900, Croquette: ₩1,500.
- 8 Dokyo Panya (도쿄팡야), 194, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . everyday 10:00~22:00. This is a bakery, somewhat expensive, but they are also more delicious and healthy than other bakeries' breads.
- 9 Sushiway (스시웨이), 232, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☏ . everyday 11:30~22:00. This restaurant serves Japanese food. It is famous for fresh sushi.
- 10 Myeong-dong boiled barley (명동보리밥), 232, 1134, Guwol1-dong, ☏ .
- 11 Eats (잇츠), 9, Inha-ro 507beon-gil, Namdong-gu, ☏ . 11:30-22:30. Pasta and pizza at a low price. Visited by families and couples.
- Hwapyeong-dong Washbowl Cold Noodles Street. A cold noodles bowl of ‘Hwapyeong-dong Washbowl Cold Noodles Street’ is as big as a washbowl, and very cheap compared to the quantity. The types of cold noodles are water-cold noodles and Bibim-cold noodles, and the characteristic of it is that it contains Yeolmu Kimchi.
- 12 England Pork cutlet (잉글랜드 돈까스), 인천광역시 중구 인현동 26, ☏ . 11:30-22:00. A restaurant with a 30-year history. The atmosphere of the restaurant is retro, and the food maintains the recipes from 30 years ago. It became famous for its many appearances on TV and dramas. The price is also relatively low.
- 13 Mandabok (만다복), 인천광역시 중구 북성동2가 차이나타운로 36 (in Incheon Chinatown), ☏ . 10:30-22:00. This restaurant is a little way from the center of the town, and there is a parking lot in the back of the store, but only a few cars can be parked, so it is hard to park easily. If possible, it would be better to park at the public parking lot and walk. Mandabok literally recreates jjajangmyeon that was made 100 years ago when there was no chemical seasoning. This place is decorated with Chinese style furniture, so it has an atmosphere, very colorful and cool.
- 14 Myungwoljip (명월집), 인천광역시 중구 중앙동3가 4-46, ☏ . 08:00-20:00. Myeongwoljip is a Korean restaurant specializing in home meals and has been open for nearly 50 years. Eleven side dishes are served. And you can refill it. The main dish here is Kimchi stew. ₩7000.
- 15 taeyang Sikdang(Solar restraunt) (태양식당), 인천광역시 남구 숭의2동 164-28, ☏ . 08:00-20:00. Taieang Sikdang is a Korean home-style restaurant, and soybeans and bossam are the main dishes. ₩8000-12,000.
- 16 Inha's House(Inhaui jip) (인하의 집) (near Dongincheon Station), ☏ . 11:00-. Inha's House is a pub, with a parking lot nearby so you can park easily. A variety of snacks are available, and the price is low. Nice to go when you want to drink simply enjoying Korean snacks. ₩5000-7000.
- 17 Cheongsil Hongsil (청실홍실), 인천광역시 중구 신생동 2-1, ☏ . 11:30-. Famous for dumplings and buckwheat noodles (soba), Cheongsil Hongshil started out in 1979. And in 1983, the current head office - the store in front of the Rotary Outdoor Stage in Sinpo-dong - was put on a signboard for Clean Room. There are branch stores in Sinpo-dong, Juan, Bupyeong, Yeonsu, and Nonhyeon. Some say the house is 'the most visited restaurant in Incheon.' Cooking and serving speed is fairly fast. The price is low, too.
- 18 Gyeongin Myeonok (경인면옥), 인천광역시 중구 내동 154 (near Sinpo International Market, about a 10-minute walk from Dongincheon Station on Subway Line No. 1), ☏ . 11-. History began when Incheon's Pyeongyang naengmyeon opened in 1883. People from all over Paldo gathered in Incheon in the hope of "Incheon Dream," and Pyeongan-do people opened a restaurant in Incheon and made and sold Pyeongyang naengmyeon. Unlike the history of the tile-roofed house, the building is now on the first and second floors of the modern building, but you can read more than half a century of history from the two signboards that read "Kyeongin Myeonok since 1946" and "Kyeongsikdang." The general definition of Pyeongyang naengmyeon is to pour cold broth into buckwheat noodles. It is also noodles and broth that are considered important in assessing the taste of Pyongyang naengmyeon. In particular, the broth has a lot of meaning, as its taste varies depending on the ratio of meat-mixed and dongchimi soup. However, it is said that Dongchimi is not used in Gyeongin Myeonok's Pyeongyang naengmyeon. ₩7000, ₩9000, ₩14,000.
- 1 Cuttlefish super, Bupyeong, ☏ . There are always many people in this shop. And they manage the Facebook page
- 2 Cheap Shots, Bupyeong, ☏ . Tu-Su opens at 18:00. A fairly new foreigner-owned bar with weekly trivia nights and other events. Owner Tommy is very friendly and also makes good food.
- N's pub, Bupyeong. Small but good atmosphere. Very cheap drinks and beer (but no soju); a favorite for both foreigners and Koreans.
- 3 Red Rock chicken, Bupyeong. Many people who go to Bupyeong, they go to this chicken store. It is very popular in Bupyeong.
- 4 The Shine, Bupyeong. A high-class atmosphere for budget prices, The Shine is a traditional bar in that you have to buy anju (안주, appetizer or meal) with your drinks, but the food is quite good. Drinks are reasonably priced and beer can be purchased in towering dispensers which shoot dry ice through a tube and out a chimney on top.
- 5 Korean-style raw beef village, Bupyeong. Many people drink soju or beer in Korea-style raw beef. This store is also popular in Bupyeong.
- 6 Redsun, 153-3, Bupyeong5-dong, ☏ . Many people drink this place. It has wide size.
- 7 Mad Max, 598-4, Yeonsu2-dong, ☏ . Western style bar, serves a good rum & coke.
- 8 Chunnyue Sarang (천년의 사랑), 526-6, ongneyon-dong (Songdo hilltop hotel street). Korea's original tea & wine, snack. The master's dress is oriental Korea costume and interior is Oriental culture style. ₩5,000-6,500.
- 9 Woodstock (Bupyeong). The original Woodstock is small (about 2 dozen seats) but is comfy and has nice bartenders. The second location (also in Bupyeong) is much bigger.
- 10 Bbuldabang (뻘다방), 55, Seonjae-ro, Yeongheung-myeon, Ongjin-gun, ☏ . 10:00 - 20:30. This is a dessert cafe operated by photographer Kim Yeon-yong. His photo essay, "The Sea of Father," which depicts a touching true story with his blind father, was also introduced to Heo Young-man's cartoonist and KBS' human theater program, and I can see the photos and photo equipment that he took from all over the world, looking around the world for the scenery of Seonjae Island, filling the interior. Using herbs grown in Cuban-style vegetable gardens, you can taste mojito and waffle that are suitable for the beach. Mojito ₩9000, Americano ₩6000.
- 11 Liquor Burger, Yeonsugu, Yeonsu2dong, 600-1, Third Floor, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 19:00-03:00. This is Yeonsu dong's go-to for beer, burgers and events. The bar is owned by a very friendly American guy and his Korean wife. They have dart leagues, foosball, trivia nights, live music, movie nights and on-demand music videos for free. It's a small neighbourhood, so everyone knows everyone. You'll never go there without seeing a friendly face. Every couple of months they do big events in which they take 40 of the locals on weekend getaways. Great mix of foreigners and Koreans! Drinks from ₩3,000. Food from roughly ₩5,000-10,000..
- O'Malley's Irish Pub, 1474-3 Guwol-Dong, Namdong-Gu, Top Plaza 4th Floor (across the street from Shinsegae Dept Store, Near Woori Bank), ☏ . A truly western-style pub/sports bar on the outskirts of the lively "Square" in Guwoldong. They have reasonably priced drinks and great western-style-pub-food (burgers, club sandwich, chicken wings, etc.) Great atmosphere and hang out for mostly westerners but Koreans are usually there, as well.
- Rio's Western Bar, Guwol-Dong Square (Arts Center). Perhaps the only 'Western-style' bar outside of Bupyeong regularly packed with foreigners. The pub is quite well hidden and therefore tends to attract the same local English teachers rather than wandering tourists. On the 3rd floor in the same building is the massive (and rather infamous) King Kong Hof, also frequented by Westerners on weekends.
- Goose Goose (Bupyeong). Innocuous enough from the outside, Goose Goose is perhaps the largest and busiest westerner zone in town on a Saturday night. The "pub jukebox" is an open desktop computer running iTunes. Excuse the Canadians playing Celine Dion. And the Brit obsessed with Adele.
- Who's Bar (Bupyeong). A cosy western bar great for catching up on English football. The owner is a very friendly young fellow who'll offer a free drink to new ESL teachers.
Hotels are gathered in Songdo International City. If you come to city, you don't have to difficult to reserve accommodations.
- 1 Sheraton Hotel, Yeonsugu Convensia Road 153 (In Songdo international city), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Oakwood Hotel, Yeonsugu Convensia Road Road 165 (in Songdo international city), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 3 Central park Hotel, Yeonsugu songdo-dong 38, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It is in Songdo international city and comprises two buildings (one is a hotel and the other is a residence).
- 4 Gyeongwonjae ambassador Hotel, Yeonsugu technopark-road 200, ☏ . It is in Songdo international city and it was made in a traditional Korean style named '한옥'.
- 5 [dead link] Holiday inn Incheon songdo Hotel, Yeonsugu tower-road 251, ☏ . It is in Songdo international city and is near Posco Engineering & Construction Building.
- 6 Orakai songdo park-Hotel, Yeonsugu technopark-road 151, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. It is in Songdo international city and is near Songdo Central Park Hotel.
- 7 Ramada-songdo Hotel, Yeonsugu dongchun 1 dong 812, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8 Grand Hyatt (그랜드 하얏트 인천), 208 Yeongjonghaeannam-Ro, 321 Baekbeom-ro 910 beon-gil, Jung-gu, ☏ . Near the airport
These resorts are not far from Incheon International Airport.
- 9 W5 resort, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. US$87-190 according to room size and day of the week.
- 10 [dead link] Yeong-heung resort, Wae Ry, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11 [dead link] Woosung resort, Nae-ry 724-132, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The price is varies according to the type of room. The base type of A is US$68 on weekdays, $85 on weekends and $110 in peak season.
- 12 [dead link] Young Jong Sky resort, yongyuseoro 379, Jong-gu, ☏ .
- 13 [dead link] Seonjae-do landscape resort, Seonjae-ro 306 31-99, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☏ . The price is varies according to the size of the room. The 11 pyeong rooms' price is US$85 on weekdays, $110 on Friday and Saturday. In peak season, the rated are $127 weekday and $144 weekend.
In South Korea, the word for a boarding house where three meals a day are provided along with your room is "pension". There are 1,635 pensions around Incheon according to a 'Naver page', including the following:
- 14 IRIS pension (아이리스 펜션) (Yeongheungdo Island), ☏ .
- 15 [dead link] Summer Aroma pension, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, ☏ .
- 16 [formerly dead link] Nouelbada pension, yeongheung-myeon, ongjin-gun, ☏ .
- 17 Largo Ville, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gun sea side road 2845 25, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18 Rothem House, Dongmak-ry, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, ☏ .
- 19 Galileeps pension, Dongmak-ry 64-4, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, ✉ email@example.com.
- 20 Badasory, Nae-ry 2140, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 39 guest houses according to a 'Naver page', including the following:
- 21 [dead link] Edel Guesthouse (에델 게스트하우스), 3109-37 Unseo-dong, Jung-gu. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. Opened in December 2015. It is close to Lotte Mart and Unseo Station Exit 2, which is also the next station to the airport. ₩20,000-₩100,000.
- 22 Incheon airport guest house, Gonghang-ro 424 50, jung-gu, ✉ email@example.com. US$43-78.
- 23 [dead link] Good time guest house, Jungsan-dong Hanra-vivaldi 923 dong, jung-gu, ☏ .
- 24 Koreamie guest house, woon nam-dong 448-1, jung-gu, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. US$43-216 according to room size.
- 25 [dead link] World guest house, woon seo-dong 2850-3, jung-gu, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. US$43-8.
- 26 Equu guest house, 367, Cheongracanal-ro Seo-gu, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. US$43-130.
- 27 [dead link] New guest house, 424-72, Gonghang-ro, Jung-gu.
- 28 [dead link] Welcome guest house, 424-72, Gonghang-ro, Jung-gu, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. US$43-78.
- Jump on the metro to Seoul
- Take the ferry to China
- Take the bus or subway to Gyeonggi
- Take the subway to Ansan via Oido.
- Take the subway to Gwangmyeong to enjoy various shopping facilities like Ikea and Costco.
|Routes through Incheon|
|END ←||W E||→ Yongsan → Seoul|
|END ←||W SE||→ Suwon → Cheonan|
|END ←||W SE||→ Oido → Ansan|