Cheonan [formerly dead link] (천안, 天安) is a city in South Chungcheong, South Korea. Chonan is a name derived from heaven. This is because King Taejo of Goryeo named it the "Most important place under the sky." Also, to this day, Cheonan citizens still call Cheonan the most comfortable place under the sky and joke that it is safe from natural disasters such as typhoons.
Cheonan is located in the northeastern area of Chungcheongnam-do Province. It is adjacent to Cheongju-si and Jincheon-gun of Chungchengbuk-do on the east, Asan-si on the west, Gongju-si and Sejong Metropolitan Autonomous City on the south, and Pyeongtaek-si and Anseong-si of Geonggi-do on the north. Cheonan, located at 83.6 km south of Seoul, is considered a central city, geographically speaking. It is a gateway to the Seoul National Capital Area and the western region of Chungnam, a transportation hub connecting national roads, railways, expressways and local roads, and a junction of the three southern provinces.
The average temperature in Cheonan city is 11.8 °C each year. The average annual rainfall is 1229 mm. Fine dust levels can affect travel. Cheonan has a lower density than Seoul, but due to the influence of a coal power plant in Chungcheongnam-do, it has a higher density than Gangwon-do. Therefore, it is necessary to check the concentration of fine dust here.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
yellow area is Dongnam-gu, green area is Seobuk-gu.
The KTX from Seoul takes just 35-40 (depending on which train) minutes to zip to Cheonan-Asan Station, but you'll need to connect to the painfully slow #20 or #13 bus (₩1,200 without a card) to get to central the Shingsegae/Bus Terminal area of Cheonan. Alternatively, you can walk about 200 m to Asan Station, where for ₩1,000 you can get a 5-minute subway (not underground) train ride into Cheonan Station. From here you can connect to both north lines going towards Suwon/Seoul or to the south lines heading to either Busan or Gwangju/Mokpo.
Alternatively, you can take a 급행 (express) subway directly to Seoul or Yongsan stations in about an hour and a half. These trains run roughly once per hour. You can find the up-to-date timetables in the ticketing area of Cheonan station where you enter for the subway only lines.
Reservations for train tickets can be made here. As the site runs in English, Chinese and Japanese, foreigners will also be able to book it easily. You can also see information about reservations, cancellations, refunds, and charges here.
- 1 Cheonan Station (천안역), Cheonan-si Dongnam-gu Daeheung-ro 239 Cheonan Station, ☏ .
- 2 Cheonan-Asan Station (천안아산역), Asan-si Baebang-eup Huimang-ro100 Cheonan-Asan Station, ☏ . Cheonan Asan Station is a KTX-only line, and it is convenient to transfer to Saemaul, Mugunghwa, and subway lines 1.
Watching bus schedules and booking bus tickets can be done here. If it is difficult to book online, it is also possible to purchase tickets on the app or on-site. But be careful that bus tickets between Seoul and Cheonan can be sold out quickly.
- 3 The express bus terminal (고속버스터미널), cheonan-si Dongnam-gu Sinan-dong Mannam-ro 43 (left side of Shinsegae Department Store), ☏ .
- From seoul: 1hr, 6,200won
- 4 The intercity bus terminal (시외버스터미널), cheonan-si Dongnam-gu Sinan-dong Mannam-ro 43 (first basement floor of Shinsegae Department Store), ☏ .
- From Incheon Airport: 2hr, 16,400won
- From Gimpo Airport: 100min, 9,500won
call-taxi number is ☏ Kakao T. It's like an Uber. Registering a card makes automatic payment without paying the driver, and you don't have to worry about overcharging. The fare to the destination is automatically paid and the remaining amount will be returned after arriving at the destination.. Tell the receptionist where you are and the receptionist will text you the taxi number. The taxi driver will then arrive there. Perhaps it is possible to communicate only in Korean. If you can't tell your current location in Korean, use the app. Download the
A complex and confusing system of buses covers the area, but there is no information whatsoever in English at the stops or in the buses themselves. However, nearly all services start from or terminate at the intercity bus terminal.
The subway line has been extended from Cheonan Station to KTX Cheonan-Asan station and continuing to Asan.
- 1 Independence Hall of Korea (독립기념관), 95 Sambang-ro, Mokcheon-eup, Dongnam-gu (12 km east of Cheonan), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. March-October, Tue-Sun 09:00-17:00 / November-February, Tue-Sun 09:30~16:00. The largest museum in Korea, The Independence Hall of Korea shows the spirit and efforts of the Korean people in overcoming the national crises they faced in the modern period and especially during the Japanese colonial era. At the same time, the Hall conducts research on the history of Korean national efforts while educating the Korean people about their history. Note that this is a privately funded operation and thus even more slanted towards a nationalist version of history than usual. Most 3xx/4xx-series buses pass by, board them either at Cheonan Station or in front of the intercity bus terminal (₩1350, 30 minutes). If you take a taxi from Cheonan Station, you have to pay 10,000 won to the Independence Hall. free.
- 2 Gakwon Buddhist Temple (각원사), Gakwonsagil 245, Dongnam-gu (At Taejosan (Mt. Taejo) 태조산), ☏ . It's quite a big temple in Cheonan. The Buddhist temple has a very large sitting Buddha. A nice place to go hiking. Admission is free..
- 3 ARARIO Small City (아라리오 광장), Mannam-ro 43, Dongnam-gu. In 2007, ARARIO Small City was selected as the most beautiful square in Korea, for which it was awarded the Prime Minister Award. At present, there are a total of 28 contemporary installation artworks
- 4 ARARIO Gallery (아라리오 갤러리), Mannam-ro 43, Dongnam-gu (right side of Arario Small City), ☏ . Monday-Sunday : 11am - 7pm. For years ARARIO GALLERY collected number of significant artworks which also has been internationally acknowledged. It is also where BTS' RM visited. adult - 3,000 won , Youth - 2,000 won, Preschool child – Free.
- 5 Statue of Peace (평화의 소녀상), 815 Sinbu-Dong, Dongnam-gu. A Statue of peace was made to solve the problem of Japanese military sexual slavery victims. It has held regular protests every Wednesday since 1992 and Statue of Peace was first built in front of the Japanese Embassy in central Seoul on Dec. 14, 2011, the 1,000th anniversary of the demand rally. There are 129 statues in the country and several in other countries. The statue in Cheonan is one of them.
- 6 Byeongcheon Sundae Street (병천 순대거리), 82 Aunaesundae-gil, Byeongcheon-myeon, Dongnam-gu. There is a famous sundae (Korean sausage) street situated near the Aunae (Byeongcheon) Market, where patriotic martyr Yu Gwan-sun led an independence movement. With the establishment of a ham manufacturing plant near Byeongcheon in the 1960s, people in the area began making sausages using vegetables and pork byproducts such as intestines and clotted blood, and a couple of sundae restaurants began springing up along this street. Its fame grew through word-of-mouth, and the “special restaurant” designation began to be given in 1998. There are now dozens of sundae restaurants lining up this street.
- 7 Cheonan Museum (천안박물관), 429-13 Cheonan-daero, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Tue-Sun 09:00~17:00. The Cheonan museum presents artifacts and relics that sheds light on the history of Cheonan from the prehistoric times to the modern times through permanent exhibitions. free.
- 8 Postal Museum (우정박물관), 11-14, Yangjimal 1-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Tue-Sun 09:00~17:00. It is easy to get to the Postal Museum by bus. It's a good place for young children to see. free.
- 9 Ligak Museum of Art (리각미술관), 245 Taejosan-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Tue-Sun 09:00~17:00. This is a contemporary art museum that honors the memory of sculptor Lee Jong-gak. There are many sculptures in the park.
- 10 Memorial hall of Patriotic martyr Yu Gwan-sun (유관순열사기념관), 38 Yu Gwan-sun-gil, Byeongcheon-myeon, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Tue-Sun 09:00~17:00. Yu Gwan-sun was a great Korean independence activist. Visitors are able to see the life story of Yu, Gwan-sun, from her birth to her entry into martyrdom, through exhibits, videos, and various different experiences. free.
- 11 Cheonan Heungtaryeong Center (천안 흥타령관), 412 Cheonan-daero, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Tue-Sun 09:00~17:00. the theme of dance and liquor. You can experience traditional liquor and traditional dance. free.
- 12 Jung-ang market (중앙시장), Sajik-Dong, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Mon-Sun 08:00~18:00. There are many delicious foods in the market. Hotteok store is especially famous. There is a store that closes after 6 o'clock, but the food truck opens and you can eat something different from daytime.
- 13 Cheonhoji Lake (천호지/ 단대 호수 공원), 562-1, Anseo-dong, Dongnam-gu. It's a nice place to see the night view.
- 14 man-ilsa beobdang (만일사 법당), 503, Cheonheung 4-gil, Seonggeo-eup, Northbuk-gu. If the exact time of the death was not known, it is estimated that it was built in 5 years (1002) of Goryeo Mokjong from the writings on the statue of Geumdong Bodhisattva in the court. The current law building was newly built in 1970. It is 4 spaces on the front and 2 spaces on the side, and the roof is eight-roof roof. In addition to the temple, if the temple has a five-story stone pagoda in front of the temple (Cultural Property Data No. 254), a Myeon Buddha Temple carved into a rock behind the court (Cultural Property Material No. 255), and a Buddhist Buddha statue carved on a rock in a natural cave ( There are many cultural assets, such as Cultural Assets No. 256) and Seonggeosan Cheonseong Mission, Geumdong Bodhisattva Statue (Do-tangible Cultural Property No. 168) in the temple.
- 15 gwangdeogsa seogsaja (광덕사 석사자), 30, Gwangdeoksa-gil, Gwangdeok-myeon, Southeast-gu. Two stone lion statues on both sides of the stairs leading to Gwangdeoksa Daeungjeon. Sculpture was made with a stone without placing the pedestal separately. The face looking up to the sky is almost horizontal and looks like a human face. The hair is clouded, and the mouth is slightly open with its teeth represented. Only the head is sculpted, the body is omitted.
- 16 man-ilsa seogbuljwasang (만일사 석불좌상), 503, Cheonheung 4-gil, Seonggeo-eup, Northbuk-gu. It is a temple built by Doseon in the fourth year of Goryeo Dynasty (921), it is said to have built a Buddha statue and a 5-story pagoda, but it is not accurate. The statue of 164㎝ high is carved on the rock wall in the natural cave behind the temple. I lost my hair and made it new, but it feels a bit bigger than my body. The deeply engraved garment wrapped around the left shoulder, with the right hand lowered on the knee to the ground and the left hand on the left foot.
- 17 seonggeo-sanseong (성거산성), Mountain 50-2, Cheonheung-ri, Seonggeo-eup, Northbuk-gu. Temo-style acid on top of Seonggeosan (579.1m above sea level). It is about 550m in circumference. In Jiksan, the Goryeo Dynasty stopped at Jiksan Suhrwon and looked at the mountains on the east side, so it was clear and beautiful. Baekje built Ikseong (산성 城) when making acidity or town, and Ikseong means that the castle was made from side to side like two wings. Therefore, it is reasonable to see Seonggeosanseong as the ripeness of Wiryesanseong, and it is assumed that the castle was built in the Three Kingdoms period. Nowadays, many castles have been destroyed at the time of the installation of military communication bases, making it difficult to find the old.
- 18 golyeongbagssi jongjungjaesil (고령박씨 종중재실), 147 Bakmunsu-gil, Buk-myeon, Southeast-gu. It is a place where the Memorial of Park Moon-soo (1691 ~ 1756), who left many anecdotes as a clue, is held. Park Moon-soo, who had been in Gyeongjong 3 years (1723) at the late Joseon Dynasty, went up to the bottle control hall and was dismissed when Noron came to power in 1724. In 1727, when Soron took office, he was re-used and went through the Yeongnam-am Hangeul History and Chungcheongdo-am Hangeul History, and discovered unjust officials. After that, he went up to the martial law and the spirit jeongjeongjeong. The building was built in 1932, and the inner shingles are L-shaped and the roof is eight-roofed. Sarangchae is 5 square meters and has a flat shape. In 1990, a new room was built where the original room was located.
- 19 min-ighyeon gaog (민익현 가옥), 17, Gunseo-ri 3-gil, Jiksan-eup, Seobuk-gu. Min Seung-se, who was the grandfather of Kyujanggak, was built directly down here. This house has an anchae, an anchae, and an annex, which has a slightly higher anchae and an annex than an annex. The main house is a wooden tile house, and the roof is an octopus roof. Min Ik-hyun, the owner of this house, whose buildings are old and have lived for six generations, is the fifth generation of Min Seung-gong.
- 20 cheon-an seongbulsa seogjobosaljwasang (천안 성불사 석조보살좌상), 144, Seongbulsa-gil, Southeast-gu. It is a stone bodhisattva statue owned by Seongbulsa Temple in Cheonan. It is a Buddhist statue found during the dredging work of Daeseongcheon located in Yeonggi-gun Jochiwon. The statue is 67cm high, 34.5cm shoulder width and 54.5cm knee width. The upper part of the boat is broken and pasted, and the part of the right knee is broken, and it is partially filled with long thin cracks from the knee to the right. The wrinkles of the law are thick and very schematic, with the lotus branch on the right hand and the left hand on the belly horizontally. The arms are very thin and long compared to the disbelief. The annual salary duck is a feature of Kannon, but in the Goryeo Dynasty, it is also known as the icon of Mi-beul Buddha, so the exact name of the temple is unknown. The Cheonan Seongbulsa Stone Bodhisattva Statue is a rare form of stone Buddha that shows the typical style of Buddha statues of the Goryeo Dynasty and is valuable as a religious and academic resource.
- 21 seongbulsa (성불사), 144, Seongbulsa-gil, Southeast-gu. It is said that Dosun Guksa was first established during the Goryeo Taejo (reign of 918 ~ 943), but it is not accurate. In the 5th year of Goryeo Mok-jong (1002), he set up his own in 1398 by the invitation of the Ambassador to the Academic Abroad of Joseon Taejo. Buildings on the grounds include Daeungjeon, the main building, Sanshin-gak, and the temples where monks live. The Buddha statue is not enshrined in Daeungjeon, and the statue stands on the back of the rock without any sculpture. It is 3 squares on the front and 2 squares on the side, and the roof is decorated with eight roofs. According to the tales, when the Koryo Line came here, a pair of Baekhak carved a Buddha statue on the rock wall behind Daeungjeon and built a Buddhist temple.
- 22 gwangdeogsa daeungjeon (광덕사 대웅전), 30, Gwangdeoksa-gil, Gwangdeok-myeon, Southeast-gu. Gwangdeoksa Temple was built by Queen Seondeok, 12 years old (643), and Jinsan was rebuilt during King Heungdeok. It was said to have been one of the biggest temples in Gyeonggi-do and Chungcheong-do provinces. The main court, Daeungjeon, was completely dismantled and restored in 1983 and was built larger than the first. The large headstone found at the time of demolition was the style of Unification Shilla, so it was possible to know when Gwangdeoksa was founded. The roof of the front 5 compartments and 3 sides is a double roof. The horror that was decorated to support the eaves was decorated in the form of a cannon on the pillars and between the pillars. Inside the building, there are Buddha statues, Buddha's disciple, and Amita's Buddha statue.
- 23 heugseongsanseong (흑성산성), San 32-1, Gyochon-ri, Mokcheon-eup, Southeast-gu. It is an acid built with teme stone on the top of Heukseongsan Mountain and the circumference of the castle is 570m. Most of the acid is damaged and it is hard to find its original form. According to Sejong Annals, there is one well and one spring in the castle, and it is sometimes recorded dry in the summer and winter seasons. It is recorded that this one.
- 1 cheon-ansanglog-akuapia (천안상록아쿠아피아), susinlo, susinmyeon, dongnamgu, ☏ . 10AM-7PM. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The indoor pool has a variety of water facilities such as flowride, master blaster, wave pool and spa. The outdoor pool is much quieter and more comfortable than the indoor pool. Surrounding green environment is also good. adult ₩55000, kid ₩45000.
- 2 Teddin Water Park (테딘워터파크), 200 jonghabhyuyangjilo, seongnammyeon, dongnamgu, ☏ . 09:00-20:00. Teddin Water Park is a water park in summer and a spa in winter. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, and there's plenty to eat inside so you can have fun with your family. There are facilities for family members such as therapy centers, healing shelters, kids zones and cafeterias. adult ₩33000 kid ₩27000.
The are several regular festivals in Cheonan
- 3 Heungtaryeong festival (흥타령 축제), Samgeori Park, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . It is held every September for four days. It is the biggest dance festival in Korea.
- 4 Gwangdeok Walnut Festival (광덕 호두축제), 250, Gwangpung-ro, Gwangdeok-myeon, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . What comes to mind when it comes to Cheonan is a nutcracker. This is because good quality walnut is produced, and because of this history, walnut festivals are held.
- 5 Cheonan Buk-myeon Wirye Cherry Blossom Festival (천안 북면 위례 벚꽃 축제), 10, Yongam 3-gil, Buk-myeon, Dongnam-gu. The Wirye Cherry Blossom Festival is held for 2 days every April in Buk-myeon. The Buk-myeon Beokkotgil (cherry blossom street) stretching 15km from Yeonchun-ri to Unyong-ri becomes surrounded by cherry blossoms.
- 6 Ipjang Geobong Grape Festival (입장 거봉 포도 축제), 19, Hajang 4-gil, Ipjang-myeon, Seobuk-gu. free tasting booths offering grapes and food made with grapes. This festival is held on a yearly basis in September.
- 7 CGV Cheonan (씨지브이 천안), Fifth floor, 47Myeongdong-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . 8 screens and 1,017 of seating capacity ₩10,000.
- 8 CGV Cheonan terminal (씨지브이 천안터미널), 4th floor, Shinsegae Department Store Building B, 43 Mannam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . 10 screens and 1,648 of seating capacity ₩10,000.
- 9 CGV Pentaport (씨지브이 펜타포트), Fifth floor, 196 Gongwon-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . 11 screens and 1,422 of seating capacity ₩10,000.
- 10 Megabox Cheonan (메가박스 천안), 3rd floor, 52 1Gongdan1-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . 9 screens and 1,300 of seating capacity ₩10,000.
- 11 Ryu Gwansun Gymnasium (유관순 체육관), 208 Beonyeong-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . It is the home stadium of Hyundai Capital Skywalkers, a professional volleyball team. ₩15,000.
There are five universities in Anseo-dong. It is not too much to say that there are only college students in the neighborhood, so visitors can experience the culture of young people.
- 12 [dead link] Baekseok University (백석대학교), 76, Munam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 13 [dead link] Baekseok Culture University (백석문화대학교), 58, Munam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 14 Dankook University (단국대학교 천안캠퍼스), 119, Dandae-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 15 Hoseo University (호서대학교), 12, Hoseodae-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 16 Sangmyung University (상명대학교 천안캠퍼스), 31, Sangmyeongdae-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
In addition, there are six more universities in Cheonan.
- 17 SunMun University (선문대학교 천안캠퍼스), 381-7, Samryong-dong, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 18 Nazarene University (나사렛대학교), 48 Wolbong-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ .
- 19 Kongju National University (공주대학교 천안캠퍼스), 275 Budae-dong, Seobuk-gu, ☏ .
- 20 Korea Tech (한국기술교육대학교 1캠퍼스), 1600, Chungjeol-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ .
- 21 Korea Tech (한국기술교육대학교 2캠퍼스), 18 Gwasuwon-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ .
- 22 Namseoul University (남서울대학교), 91, Daehak-ro, Seonghwan-eup, Seobuk-gu, ☏ .
The Shingsegae shopping center is where most Cheonanites go for their local shopping of luxury items in Cheonan. The Galleria is an architectural marvel. It's won many design awards and is set over 9 floors. Definitely worth a taxi ride of ten minutes just to see the building. (If you go planning to buy take a LOT of money). There is an Emart in the basement of the Shinsegae shopping complex.
Across the street from Shinsegae Department Store is a whole host of other venues to buy you much needed items. Once you exit the Bus Terminal, you'll see the crowds flowing across the street at every green pedestrian light. Over there you'll also find many more food options awaiting your tongue and stomach.
- 1 Shinsegae Department Store (신세계백화점), 43 Mannam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Mon~Sun 11:00 – 20:00.
- 2 Galleria Department Store (갤러리아백화점), 227, Gongwon-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . 10:30 - 20:00.
- 3 E-Mart (이마트 천안터미널점), 43 Mannam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . 10:00 - 22:00. It is located in the basement of Shinsegae Department Store.
- 4 Costco (코스트코), 77, 3 Gongdan6-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . 10:00 - 22:00.
Cheonan is famous for Sundae and Hodu-gwaja. Sundae is made by adding seonji, perilla seeds, cabbage, green onions, red pepper, and glutinous rice to the pig's intestines. In the early 1960s, a ham factory was built around Byeongcheon. There were many shops that made sundae to deal with the pig by-products. That's why Cheonan's Sundae became famous. There are many famous sundae gukbap shops in Cheonan. Sundae gukbap is a Korean soup with sundae. But it can be a strange food for foreigners. Some people dislike the unique flavor and taste of Sundae gukbap, so please refer to it.
Hodu-gwaja was first made in 1934 by Cho Gui-geum of Cheonan. So it is a famous dessert in Cheonan. You can see shops selling Hodu-gwaja at the entrance of the highway to Cheonan.
And there is a very famous bakery in Cheonan. If you visit Cheonan, you must go there. The place is famous for 'Turtle Bread'. This bread goes well with coffee. The price is a little high.
- 1 Cheonghwagip Sundae (청화집 순대), 1749, Chungjeol-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Daily 08:30-19:00. This place is said to be the first Sundaegukbap restaurant. There are only two dishes, Sundaegukbap and sundae. Sundae- 11,000won Sundaegukbap-7,000won.
- 2 Hakhwa hodugwaja (학화호두과자), 62, Mannam-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . This is the shop opened by Mr. Cho Gwi-geum. There is a very big picture of grandmother in front of the store. 20 piece: ₩5,000.
- 3 Toujours (뚜쥬루), 69-22, Bongseosan-ro, Seobbuk-gu, ☏ . 08:00-23:00. It is a very famous place, so there may be no bread in the evening. And in the morning, they sell bread cheaply that was not sold the day before.
- 4 Mount Fishtail (마운틴피시텔레스토랑), 4 Beodeul-ro, Dongnam-gu (near Cheonan Station (천안역); walk out the east exit of Cheonan Station and cross the street and it's on the building on the right on the second floor), ☏ . A South Asian curry restaurant, which is decidedly uncommon in Cheonon. It's owned by a lovely Nepalese couple. Curries around ₩8,000-10,000..
- 5 MOMO Steak (모모스테이크), 1470, Ssangyong3-dong, Seobuk-gu (building opposite Lotte Mart), ☏ . Daily 11:00-20:30. It's a comfortable atmosphere and it's not expensive, so you can eat steak comfortably with your kids and friends. There's no parking lot, so public transportation is good. There is a bus stop for bus number 12 or bus number 14.
- 6 Sam-ukga (삼육가), 21-1 Meokgeori-Gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Daily 12:00-01:00. It's a good place for foreign travelers who are not used to Korean BBQ. Because the staff cook it all. ₩13,000.
- 7 Dono marco (도노마르코), 20 Mukgeori3-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30-21:00. It's an Italian restaurant suitable for a date. ₩20,000.
- 8 Mr. veteran (미스터 베테랑), 22 Mukgeori9-gil, Dongnam-gu. M-Sa. It is a tteokbokki restaurant that has been loved for a long time in Cheonan. The tteokbokki here is not spicy, so foreigners can easily eat it. When you finish eating tteokbokki, you must eat fried rice. ₩5,000 won.
- 9 Jjamppong Zizon (짬뽕지존), 719, Seobu-daero, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . 24 hr. A little expensive but delicious ₩10,000.
- 10 Hang-ari Bossam (항아리 보쌈), 7, Wondujeong10-gil, Seobuk-gu. Daily 11:30-1:00. Bossam and noodles are delicious. ₩34,000.
- 11 Sultaryeong (술타령), 227, Dujeong-ro, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . Makgeolli, Jeon, Gopchang... ₩12,000.
- 12 Eumjugamu (음주가무), Dusin Building, 5, Wondujeong7-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . M-F 19:00-03:00. cocktail (free refill) is ₩15,000. ₩15,000.
- 1 Slowbrewpub (느린마을양조장), 45, Buldang33-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . This is where handmade makgeolli and soju are sold. Foreigners can easily get access to traditional liquor.
- 2 Banana Bar (바나나 바), 29, Meokgeori9-gil, Dongnam-gu. Banana Bar in Shinbudong, across the road from Shinsegae Department Store is a great place to fellow expats and Koreans. Pool competitions, open mic night, quiz night and a full stage for performers and bands are available. You can call 010-3424-6309 and speak to Mr Oh.
- 3 [dead link] Dolce Bar (돌체), 12, Beodeul-ro, Jung-ang-dong, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Daily 18:00-02:00. Dolce Bar is another really good bar near Cheonan Station. Walk out the east exit and walk towards Mount Fishtail Indian Restaurant. A few stores past Mount Fishtail is Dolce bar on the basement level. They usually have some kind of theme on Fridays or Saturday nights, decent selection of bottled beers and usually flat draft Korean beer. Complementary chips and salsa and peanuts are common. The owner is Korean and speaks very good English. He's a good guy to talk if you happen to stroll in by yourself.
- 4 Susanghan Hong cafe (수상한 홍카페), 28, Meokgeori9-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . There are various cakes and milk tea is delicious.
- 5 The cat (더캣), 2, Meokgeori 7-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . There are many cats living here. You can watch or touch a cat while drinking a drink.
- 6 Aziteu Boardgame cafe (아지트보드게임카페), 23, Chungjeol-ro, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . Daily 13:00-02:00. It is a cafe where you can play board games.
- 7 BURNT (번트), 25, Meokgeori8-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . ~22:00. It is said that Madeleine is delicious. ₩5,000.
- 8 Gil (길), 29, Meokgeori9-gil, Dongnam-gu, ☏ . It's a nice cocktail bar.
- 9 Sister's cafe (시스터즈 카페), 3 Buldang 16-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ . M-F 10:00-22:00. It is easy to get near the department store.
There are plenty of motels in the alleys across the street from the bus terminals and near the train station. Most motels cost around ₩50,000 per night. It's better to choose a motel on the main street. If you want a clean and quiet place, go to the hotel. The hotel costs ₩80,000-150,000 won per night.
- 1 Joatel (조아텔), 455-8, Sinbu-dong, Dongnam-gu (cross street from bus terminal, straight one block, turn right), ☏ . This clean motel has spacious, well-equipped rooms, including PCs, fancy showers and big round bathtubs. No room keys, but the staff will let you in and out on request. Some English spoken. ₩40,000-60,000, plus ₩10,000 on weekends.
- 2 Metro Tourist Hotel (메트로 관광호텔), 241-11, Daeheung-ro, Jungag-dong, Dngnam-gu, ☏ . ₩70,000w per night.
- 3 Shilla_Stay Cheonan (신라스테이 천안), 177, Dongseo-daero, Seobuk-gu, ☏ , (Reservation). Located 15 minutes from the KTX Cheonan Asan Station and seven minutes from Cheonan Express Bus Terminal, it is convenient to access and easy to move to nearby tourist attractions.
- 4 E-CHEONAN HOTEL (이 천안 호텔), 53, Yangji1-gil, Seobuk-gu. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. It takes five minutes to walk to Cheonan station. The room is said to be quiet, although it may be noisy around the accommodation. ₩70,000 per night.
- 5 Rex hotel (렉스호텔), 10-4, Yangji8-gil, Seobuk-gu, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. You can easily get to the Gakwon-temple and Independence Hall from here.
- Asan - Hot-spring resort with which Cheonan shares its KTX station.
- Cheongju - Provincial capital of North Chungcheong, and historic town in its own right. Birthplace of jikji, the world's oldest moving metal type print book.
- Chungju - Gateway to Danyang and Suanbo, two hours by direct bus from the intercity terminal
- Gongju - City to the south, and former capital of Baekje, known for its Beakje tombs. Also the gateway to hiking a nearby national park.
- Suwon - Satellite city of Seoul, and sporting a World Heritage fortress.
|Routes through Cheonan|
|Seoul ← Gwangmyeong ←||NW SE||→ Osong → Daejeon|
|Seoul ← Suwon ←||NW SE||→ END|
|Incheon ← Suwon ←||NW SE||→ END|