- Tourist Information Center in front of Asan Station, ☏ . 9AM-6PM.
You can get to Asan by taking the Janghang-seon Line Railway or Korail from Seoul. Pick up the Janghang-seon Line Railway train, which takes about 1 1/2 hours, at Yongsan Station, towards Onyang Hot Spring. The Korail train can be picked up at Yongsan Station as well, just take the train that will drop you off at Cheonan-Asan station.
Buses run regularly from Cheonan and Seoul.
- Hyeonchungsa Shrine (현충사), Baekam-ri 100, Yeomchi-eup, Asan-si, Chungcheongnam-do, ☏ . 09:00-18:00 (March–October) / 09:00-17:00 (November–February), entrance closes 1 hour before closing time. Built in 1706, this shrine is dedicated to General Lee Sun-Shin (1545-1598). Objects on display include official Korean national treasures, such as Sun-Shin's diary and long sword. It's also the site of his home, shooting range, and childhood home, which were all relocated to the site upon its building. Closed on Tuesdays. Adults: ₩500, children: ₩300, seniors & disabled: free.
- Onyang Folk Museum (온양민속박물관), 117, Chungmu-ro, Asan-si, Chungcheongnam-do, ☏ . 09:30-17:30; last admission 30 minutes before closing. The largest folklore museum in Korea, the Onyang includes architectural installations of Korean traditional homes, housewares, and experience hands on activities such as fishing, farming, and witness traditional wedding ceremonies. Adults ₩5,000, youth ₩4,000, children ₩3,000, seniors & disabled ₩1,000, group discounts offered.
- Oeam-ri Folk Village. A 500-year old site. Numerous films have been shot there.
- Gingko Tree Road.
- Asan Spavis (아산 스파비스), 288-6 Shinsu-ri, Eumbong-myeon, ☏ . Varies. A contemporary hot springs that focuses on sports treatment and family experiences. They even offer snow sledding and traditional spa treatments. Spa & sauna range from ₩24,000-29,000 for children and ₩33,000-40,000 for adults, sauna only ranges from ₩6,000-8,000.
- Onyang Grand Hotel (온양그랜드호텔), 7, Chungmu-ro20beon-gil, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. This hotel features it's own hot springs. It also has an event space, an indoor swimming pool, a gym, sauna, and a bowling alley. from ₩176,000.
- Onyang Hot Spring Hotel (온양관광호텔), 1459, Oncheon-daero, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. This hotel features traditional Korean and Western style sleeping options. It features hot springs, a sauna, and a history museum. Other facilities include a gym, a spa, banquet space, restaurants and a beer garden. It's very close to the Onyang Hot Spring Station. from ₩140,000.
|Routes through Asan|
|Seoul ← Yongsan ←||N S||→ Shintanjin → Daejeon → Busan|