Ansan [dead link] (안산) is a city in Gyeonggi, South Korea, on the coast of the Yellow Sea (locally called West Sea). Portions of various Yellow Sea islands lie within its jurisdiction. The largest and best-known of these is Daebu Island. At the south of the city are Daebudo and Pungdo. Kwonsun, Gunpo, and Anyang are in the east of Ansan. The Yellow Sea to the west, Hwaseong to the south, and Siheung to the north are other boundaries.
|Sangnok-gu (상록구) |
In eastern Ansan. It has a gentle slope and a large population living in high density apartment blocks. Sangnok means 'always (sang) green (nok)'.
|Danwon-gu (단원구) |
In western Ansan. The word 'Danwon' orginates from Danwon Hong-do Kim, a famous painter of Korea.
Ansan is a mid-sized city on the outskirts of Seoul. It is well integrated with Seoul's transport system, and generally speaking can be considered as a suburb. The city was planned by Park Jeong-hee in 1970 and is an important industrial center.
Ansan has one of Korea's largest immigrant communities. The percentage of multi-cultural families here is the highest in South Korea, although it is less known than Itaewon among English-speaking foreigners, as most immigrants here are Chinese and other Asian blue collar workers.
Ansan's climate is very similar to that of nearby Seoul and Suwon.The following table is Suwon's climate. Compared to Incheon or Seoul, Suwon is relatively hotter and colder. It features continental climate. Ansan is close to the West Sea so there are a lot of winds from the sea.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- Sangnoksu Station is a railway station on Seoul Subway Line 4. Sangoksu means "Evergreen Tree". The station is named after the book Sangnoksu (1935) by Sim Hun. The setting of the novel Sangnoksu is stream in Sangnok-gu.
Cities nearby include Gunpo and Uiwang to the east, Hwaseong to the south, and Shiheung to the north. Approximate travel times from other locations are as follows:
Ansan is located on Subway Line 4 and the Suin–Bundang Line Travel times to the center of Ansan (Jungang station):
- From Seoul Station (Seoul): 1 hr 10 min
- From Geumjeong Station (Gunpo): 20 min
- From Oido Station (Siheung) : 20min
Ansan is served by eight subway stations (all on Line 4.. five stations are on Suin-Bundang Line), listed from the closest to Seoul: Banwol, Sangnoksu, Hanyang University at Ansan, Jungang, Gojan, Choji, Ansan, Singil Oncheon.
- 1 Banwol (반월). Banwol is the first subway station of Ansan city, from the direction of Seoul.
Suin Line runs from Oido to Incheon, and and extension to Suwon is expected to open in Dec 2019.
- Singil Oncheon: This means Singil hot spring or Singil spa, but there isn't any hot spring in this station. There was plan to develop a hot spring when a committee considered the name, but since then, they received an order to stop the spa business and foster housing complex from an auditor.
- 2 Sangnoksu (상록수). The distance between Sangnok and Banwol stations is the longest among the inter-station streets on Line No. 4 and has three tunnels.
- 3 Hanyang Univ. at Ansan (한대앞). At the time of opening, the station was called "Handaeap" and it was changed to "Hanyang Univ. at Ansan" in 2001.
- 4 Jungang (중앙).
- 5 Gojan (고잔). There is a Koryeo university Ansan Hospital nearby, and Ansan City Hall is located 1.2 kilometers away.
- 6 Choji (초지). Near the station, Shin Ansan University is located.
- 7 Ansan (안산). Although the station's name is Ansan Station, it is easy to mistake it as the center of Ansan City, in fact, the area around Jungang Station is a relatively central commercial area of Ansan City. Rather, Ansan Station is located in the western part of Ansan City, and City Hall is closer to Gojan Station.
- The Ansan Bus Terminal (KO:안산종합버스터미널) near Ansan Station provides daily bus service to Incheon International Airport and most cities in South Korea. Buses travel via Gimpo International Airport and Incheon International Airport. Express buses to Iksan, Dongdaegu, and Gwangju are also available. Near Sangnoksu Station are buses going to Suwon Station and Gangnam Station. Ansan has 53 bus lines with 537 buses operating in and out of the city limits, connecting the city with Seoul and other outlying Gyeonggi cities. The Ansan transfer center also has express city buses, city buses and intercity buses to link to Banwal industrial estate, Sihaw lake and nearby cities.
- To Ansan Bus Terminal from Incheon Bus terminal: 30 min
- From Gimpo Airport: 90 min
- From Incheon Airport: 2 hr (express bus approx. 55–70 min)
- From Suwon: 30 min (take blue bus 707, 909 or red bus 110 at Suwon station)
- From Jamsil, Seoul: 60 min
- From Gangnam, Seoul : 55 min (take Red bus 3100, 3101 and 3102 or express bus 700. You can take the bus No.3102 at the Gangnam-station, metro line No.2, exit No.5 or 6.)
Hiring a bicycle is a good way to get around this city. You can use public bicycles, named 'Pedalro' in Ansan city. There are many bicycle stops and good quality of bicycles around this city. Ansan has comparatively good bike path so you can ride safely. You can apply for a membership or just register a non-membership.(1-day pass) for using this bicycles. The fee is ₩1,000 for a day (for more information for using Pedalro, visit the website - 안산시 공공자전거). You can ride 24 hours but you have to park the bicycle you are riding at any bicycle stops every 2 hours and borrow it again. There is also Smart Phone application for this(for iOS)(for Android), you can find easily where is the nearest bicycle stop from you or how many bicycles are left in the stops. Pedalro runs until 31 Dec 2021.
By City Tour Bus
CIty Tour Bus operates 10:00 to 17:00 every Wednesday and Saturday in April to December but it is flexible according to climate. You must have a reservation through telephone or the website. The telephone number is 031-407-0101 and 031-413-1212. The bus boarding place is located at Exit 2 of Jungang Station on subway line No.4. In regular tour, there are five courses. First course is a tour about Ansan culture and arts. Second course is a tour about multicultural street and traditional market. Third course is about Daebu Haesolgil which means pathway along the Daebu Island. Fourth course is about 'Daebu Bada Hyanggi Theme Park'. Fifth course is about experience art in Daebu. Furthermore, You can make a course freely but it has to participate over thirty people. In experience tour, there are several courses like mud flat experience, salt pond experience and so on.
You can take a taxi at taxi stand. Basic fare of regular taxi is around ₩3,800. The taxi stand is near the bus station.
When you move to another place where is hard to access, you can call a taxi. Basic fare of call taxi is around ₩3,800. You can call kakao taxi or T-map taxi. Kakao taxi is easier to call than T-map taxi.
- Ansan Call Taxi, ☏ .
- BARO Call Taxi, ☏ .
Historical monuments and structures
- 1 Ansan Arts Center, 817 Gojan-dong Danwon-gu, ☏ . There are music concerts, art exhibitions, contemporary dances, etc.
- 2 Ansan Botanical Garden (안산 식물원), 113, Seongho-ro, Sangnok-gu (take the bus from 'in front of botanical garden' bus stop or 'in front of underpass' bus stop. From Hanyang University Station, you can ride bus 11, 23, 33, 66, 125, 511. From Sangnoksu Station, you can ride bus 11, 23, 33, 66, 71, 71-1, 99-1, 301. From Suwon Station, you can ride bus 11), ☏ . Summer season: 10:00-18:00; winter season: 10:00-17:00. There are three parts-tropical exhibition, middle part exhibition, and southern part exhibition. Tropical exhibition is a pyramidal glass green house, so it is available to see in all four seasons. You can see various kind of palm tree and cactus. Middle part exhibition is also glass greenhouse. There are lots of wild flowers and plants which grow naturally in central district in South Korea. But it is not available in winter season. Southern part exhibition is glass greenhouse and it is also not available in winter season. You can see lotus, water lily and scented trees in this exhibition. Free.
- 3 Ansan Cultural Center (안산문화원), 144, Seokho-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Closed every weekend, holidays. At first floor, exhibitions are divided into four zones-A zone, B zone, C zone and D zone. In the A zone, it exhibits relics from ancient times. You can learn about Ansan's history. In the B zone, you can learn about values of mud flat. Mud flat has been providing living foundation for Ansan resident. In the C zone, You can learn about Ansan's industry. Ansan's major industry is not only agriculture but also fishing and salt farms. So you can see farming implements and so on. In the D zone, you can see traditional remains which are used in daily life. It is divided into three section - food, clothing and shelter. In addition, you can see model and video clip about Dunbaemi play. It is a traditional play in Ansan.
- 4 Ansan Light House (누에섬 등대전망대), Mt. #170 (Silkworm Island), Seongam-dong, Danwon-gu,. It is called silkworm island because it shapes like silkworm. Road to light house is appeared at the time of low tide, but it is disappeared at high tide times. So tourists have to check the tide time. It has observatory and exhibition room for tourists.
- 5 Ansan Lake Park (안산호수공원), 1513 Gojan-dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ . It has a various facilities such as nature learning center, soccer field, basketball court, volleyball court, inline skating link and so on. Especially, reed marsh and waterside square is good for walking. At the central of square, you can see outdoor performances. Also, Ansan lake park has theme spaces such as wild flower garden, lilac hill and so on.
- 6 Ansan Hwajeong English Village (안산 화정 영어마을), 97, Kkodumul-gil, Danwon-gu, ☏ . It is also known as Gyeonggi English Village Ansan Camp.
- 7 Ansan Olympic Museum, 604 Gojan-dong Danwon-gu, ☏ . There is a fitness center. Many local people work out in the gym.
- 8 Ansan Slide Park (안산 눈썰매장), San 100-2, Wongok-dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ . In summer season, water sled slope is open. Besides, there are some water pools to have fun and have an air slide. In winter season, snow sled slope is open. It has a main slope, slope for children and a hand sled area. The hand sled area is for children. The sled is drawn by their parents whereas other sled slide from high. Moving walkway is available just in winter season.
- 9 Byeolmangseong Fortress, Choji-dong, Danwon-gu. A ruined stone castle of the Joseon dynasty.
- 10 Choi Yongshin Memorial Hall, 879-4 Bono-dong, Sangnok-gu (Bus : 22, 23, 55, 99, 3100, 110, 909, 125, 700, 737, 8147, 8415, 8459, 8467/ Subway : Line 4 Sangnoksu Station).
- 11 Daebu Island (대부도), 1-1, Daebudong-dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ . Daebudo is also known as 'the Hawaii of Ansan.' Daebudo is connected to the Sihwa seawalls, so it has become a land of Ansan. However, it still has the romance and lyricism of an island in various places.
- 12 Fishing Village Folk Museum (안산어촌민속박물관), 7, Daebuhwanggeum-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 09:00~18:00, closed on Mondays (closed on New Year’s Day, Chuseok). Adults (20-64) ₩2,000; teens, military (age 14-19, middle, high school students) ₩1,500, children (age 7-13, elementary school students) ₩1,000.
- 13 Gosong Pavilion (고송정지), San 58, Hwajeong-dong, Danwon-gu. It is a pavilion of Joseon Dynasty. It is Gyeonggi-do Monument number 101.
- 14 Glass Island, 3-13 Daebunam-dong, Danwon-gu. This island is famous for the Daebudo Glass Island Museum, which includes a glass art gallery, showcase and outdoor sculpture park. ₩10,000 for adults and ₩9,000 for children.
- 15 Gyeonggi Museum of Modern Art, 268 to Ansan Danwon garden (chojidong) (bus: 6, 101, 11, 22, 23, 30, 30-2, 30-7, 52, 66, 99, 123, 5601 (Yeouido, Seoul), 350 ([Anyang]), 909, 707 (Suwon station)), ☏ . Jan-Jun Sep-Dec: Tu-Su 10:00-18:00, Jul-Aug: Tu-Su 10:00-19:00. Adult ₩4,000; elementary school child, teenager, soldier ₩2,000; preschool child ₩1,000; child (under age four) free.
- 16 Hwarang Recreation Area (화랑유원지), 667 Choji-dong, Danwon-gu. This is an amusement park that covers an area of 63 hectares. It has spaces for cultural relaxation, Hwarang Lake and trails, Gyeonggi Museum of Modern Art, etc.
- 17 Hong Jeonghui Gate of Filial Duty (홍정희 효자문), 748 Daebunam-dong, Danwon-gu. It is a memorial gate for the filial piety of Hong Jeong-hui.
- 18 Jaetmeori Local God Shrine (잿머리 성황당), San 76, Seonggok-dong, Danwon-gu. It is a shrine to the village deity that was built in Koryo Dynasty during the reign of King Seongjong (1469-1494) to offer sacrifice to heaven.
- 19 Korean Juniper Tree in Palgok-ri (팔곡리 향나무), 59-3 Palgok 1-dong, Sangnok-gu. It was designated as monuments 32 in Gyeonggi-do
- 20 Ojeonggak Pavilion (오정각), 29 Hwajeong dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ . It is a pavilion that was built in 1870 by King Gojong, the last king of the Joseon Dynasty.
- 21 Pung Island, Pungdo-dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ . It takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes from Incheon to Pung Island by passenger ship.
- 22 Seongho Memorial Hall, 131, Seongho-ro, Sangnok-gu (Intra-city bus : 11, 11-2, 76, 71, 99-1, 125/ Express city bus : 301/ Subway : Line number 4), ☏ . 09:00-18:00. Adult ₩500, teenager or soldier ₩300, child ₩200.
- 23 [dead link] Sasechungyeolmun (사세충렬문), 151 Wa-dong, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si. It is Gyeonggi-do Cultural Property number 8.
- 24 Seongpo Arts Park, 582 Seongpo-dong, Sangrok-gu. Seongpo Arts Park adjoins a residential area, so it is a good resting place for locals.
- 25 Sihwaho Lake (시화호). There is a park with a reedy marsh. There are countless species of plants and animals living near this wetland.
- 26 [dead link] Starlight village, 1723, Suin-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ . Dec-Mar: Su 11:00-23:00, M Sa 11:00-23:30; Apr-Nov: 12:00-00:00. Adult, over middle school student ₩5,000; elementary school student, Bugok-dung residents, over the age of 65, men of national merit ₩3,000.
- 27 Tomb of Yi Ik (이익선생묘). The tomb of Silhak scholar Yi Ik of the late of Chosun Dynasty.
The are several regular festivals in Ansan.
- 1 Ansan Street Arts Festival, 312 Hwarangro, Danwon-gu (http://www.ansanfest.com/_en/intro/map.asp), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Ansan Street Arts Festival is held in May every year. The festival has drama, dance and music.
- 2 [dead link] Byeolmangseong Art festival, 14, Hwajeong Cheondong-gil, Danwon-gu (http://ansanart.co.kr/board/company6.php [dead link]), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Daebu Grape Festival, Business park, Daebubuk-dong, Danwon-gu, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A biennial festival, usually held in September in every other year. You can make wine and participate in a photographic contest.
- 3 [dead link] Ansan M Valley Rock Festival, 1481-10, Daebuhwanggeum-ro, Danwon-gu. Ansan Valley Rock Festival is held every July.
- 4 Seongho Cultural Festival (성호 문화제), 131, Seongho-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ , . You can watch traditional performance and enjoy folk game. They held writing contest and drawing contest. It held every May.
There are several movie theaters in Ansan. Big multiplex movie theater chains, such as CGV, Lotte Cinema and Megabox, are represented in Ansan and show movies of various genres.
- 5 CGV Ansan, 6th floor, NC Department A, 194, Gwangdeok-daero, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 8 screens and 1567 of seating capacity
- 6 Lotte Cinema Ansan, 4th floor, Lotte Mart Ansan, 427, Chungjang-ro, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . 8 screens and 1607 of seating capacity
- 7 Lotte Cinema Central Rock (Ansan), 7th to 10th floor, Joy Building, 108, Gojan-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 9 screens and 1429 of seating capacity
- 8 Lotte Cinema Ansan Gojan, 7th floor, Millennium Building, 141, Gwangdeok-daero, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 7 screens and 1788 of seating capacity
- 9 Mega Box Ansan Jungang, 9th floor, 41, Gojan 2-gil, Danwon-gu.
- OK Saving Bank & Rush and Cash, 422, Yongsin-ro, Sangrok-gu (near Sangroksu subway station line 4). A professional volleyball team that plays in the Korea Volleyball Federation (KOVO). Their home arena is Sangnoksu Gymnasium. You can buy tickets by online (the website is in Korean only) or ticket box on site.
- Flying. Due to Ansan's location along the sea and the surrounding islands, there are a number of companies that offer test flights in light and ultra-light airplanes for an hour or so, including views of most of the nearby islands. These usually cost somewhere around ₩80,000 depending on the duration of the flight.
- Biking. Bike paths exist throughout Ansan, making it more bicycle friendly than the average city. Bicycles can be hired from Gojan and Jungang stations. Bicycle stations are gradually increasing. There is a dedicated cycle road with picnic benches beyond the Lake Park that run alongside the river and terminates at Ansan Waterfowl park. Ansan's public bike service is called 'Pedalro'.
- Parks. Ansan has several large parks. 'Hosu' (Lake Park) is within walking distance from Jungang staton (15 minutes) and has several festivals during the middle of the year. Another park is situated beyond Ansan Wa Stadium, approximately 20 minutes walking distance from Gojan station and features Ansan Art Museum and a lake with a walking path that is lit by night.
- 10 [dead link] Ansan Wa~ Stadium (안산 와~ 스타디움), 260 Hwarang-ro, Danwon-gu (across the street from Gojan station), ☏ . A 36,000-seat-capacity stadium that sometimes hosts concerts.
- 11 Ansan city Hall, 515 Gojan-dong Danwon-gu, ☏ .
- Visit the "Chinatown" around the Ansan Station, an area with lots of Chinese, Indian and Central Asian restaurants. As it serves the local immigrant community, it has a more authentic feel to it than anything you can find in Seoul.
There are several universities in Ansan, including Hanyang University.
- 1 Hanyang University, ERICA Campus at Ansan (한양대학교 에리카캠퍼스), 55, Hanyangdaehak-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ . Hanyang University ERICA Campus is famous for filming site. The movies Secretly, Greatly (2013), and Twenty (2014) were filmed. Also the dramas To The Beautiful You (2012), Master Of Study (2010), daily sitcom More Charming The Day (2010) were filmed here. Especially, Lion's Lake Park is the most famous spot in the ERICA Campus. Hanyang University has had a ongoing program that International Summer School. Hanyang International Summer School is a 4-week program where students get the opportunity to study abroad and experience Korean culture in a unique way.
- 2 Seoul Institute of the Arts (서울예술대학교), 171, Yesuldaehak-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . Many entertainers in Korea graduated from Seoul Institute of the Arts.
- 3 Ansan University (안산대학교), Ansandaehak-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ .
- 4 Shin Ansan University (신안산대학교), 135, Sinansandaehak-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ .
There are many foreign markets in Ansan providing cheap fruit and vegetables, along with various foreign food and merchandise. Lotte Mart is one of Korea's major superstore chains has three branches in Ansan, one of which is located near the bus terminal.
- 1 Lotte Mart Ansan, 427, Chungjang-ro, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . 10:00 ~ 24:00.
- 2 Homeplus Ansan, 432, Chungjang-ro, Sangrok-gu, ☏ .
- 3 E-Mart Gojan, 46, Wonpogongwon 1-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ , . Open 10:00 ~ 24:00
- 4 Sangnoksu furniture street (상록수 가구거리), 434, Yongsin-ro, Sangnok-gu.
- 5 Ansan fashion town, 45, Samni-ro, Sangnok-gu.
There are many foreign restaurants in Ansan including Indian, Indonesian, Pakistani and others mostly being situated near Ansan station.
- Multicultural Street in Wongok-dong (원곡동 다문화거리), 16, Damunhwa-gil, Danwon-gu.
- 1 PlanB (플랜비), 1149-11 Sa-dong, Sangrok-gu. This restaurant is in front of Hanyang University. It is famous for Mexican food, especially burritos.
- 2 DosMas (도스마스), 3-1, Haksa 2-gil, Sangrok-gu, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. This restaurant is in front of Hanyang University. It is famous for Mexican food, especially burritos.
- 3 Lotteria (롯데리아 안산중앙역), 915, Jungang-daero, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 24 hr. Korean fast food restaurant at the station. Lotteria is like a Korean McDonald's or Burger King. Korean Bulgogi Burger ₩5,500, Lotteria Burger ₩2,300.
- 4 Eoullim dolsot (stone pot) rice (어울림 돌솥밥), 92-11 il-dong, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . This is a Korean table d'hote restaurant with hot pot rice. Eoullim dolsot (stone pot) rice ₩8,000 , bulgogi ₩10,000.
- 5 Ansan bulgogi house (안산 불고기집), 654-11 I-dong, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . This is a Korean-style barbecued beef restaurant. It also serves a lot of delicious chicken. Bulgogi ₩9,900, makguksu (buckwheat noodles) ₩4,900, kimchi pancake ₩4,900.
- 6 Kantipur (칸티푸르 레스토랑). It's an Indian cuisine restaurant. This restaurant is found across the street from Ansan Station, in Asia Town. Once across the street, walk 3 blocks further, directly away from the station, and look to your right. It is on the second floor, above a shoe shop and cell phone store. A variety of Indian and Nepalese dishes are served. The curries start at ₩7,000 and 4 samosas make up an order.
- 7 Shinsun Seolleongtang (신선 설렁탕), 12, Danggok-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 24 hours. Seolleongtang is Korea traditional soup which is boiled from ox’s bones. Shinsun Seolleongtang ₩7,000.
- 8 Ponahyang, Sa3-dong, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . This restaurant is found across the street from Hanyang University. This is a Vietnamese restaurant. The popular Vietnamse dish, pho, is very delicious.
- 9 Yellow Chicken (노랑치킨), 76 Gojan 1 gil, Danwon-gu. This restaurant sells roasted chicken and beer. It tastes pretty good.
- 10 Earthen wall cheonggukjang boiled barley (토담 청국장보리밥), 14 Songho 1gil, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . This restaurant sells traditional Korean food like cheonggukjang (fast-fermented bean paste) boiled barley, and bulgogi (barbecued beef). ₩10,000.
- 11 ALCHON (알촌), 2, Haksa 2-gil, Sangnok-gu, Ansan-si, ☏ . Su-F 09:00 - 21:00, closed Saturday. One of the busiest restaurants infront of the Hanyang University. If you order, the food you ordered comes out very quickly, so you can enjoy your meal even if you don't have enough time to eat something. The dish of Alchon is relatively cheaper than other restaurants nearby the Hanyang University. ₩3,000-4,500.
- 12 Pizzeria (피자리아), Sangnok-gu, Hanyang University 2-gil, 35. 11:00-23:00. Delicious pizza at reasonable prices, Russian menus and guides are also available. ₩12,000.
- 13 Jelly Factory (젤리팩토리), 15, Haksa 2-gil, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . 5PM~. You can enjoy JokBal (Korean dish of pig's trotters cooked with soy sauce). There are several JokBal like Jokbal, Jelly Jokbal(which is softer than original Jokbal), Spiced Jokbal.
- 14 Best Home Kalguksu (최고집칼국수), Sangnok-gu Sadong 1576, ☏ . Delicious clam noodles soup. ₩8000-₩10000.
- 15 Byeongcheon Soondae (현가네 병천순대), Sangnok-gu Sadong 1561-2. Hot soondae soup with rice. ₩7000-₩11000.
- 16 Bistro Ta Bom (비스트로 따봄), ☏ . Daily 11:00- 22:00.
- 17 Gwangyang charcoal fire grill (광양참숯불구이), 101, Gwangdeokdong-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . 10:00~22:00. Charcoal grilled beef sirloin ₩33,000.
- 18 Danwon Korean Table d'hote (단원 한정식 (Danwon Han-jeongsik)), 251, Gwangdeok-daero, Danwon-gu. 11:30 ~ 22:00. You can enjoy Aruncus dioicus from Ulleungdo Island, bamboo shoot from Damyang, soybean paste from Sunchang and so on. ₩22,000-130,000.
- Other. The Jungang Station area features many traditional Korean restaurants as well as many familiar chains such as Mr Pizza, Viking, VIPS, Kraze Burger, Papa Johns, Krispe Kreme, Baskin Robbins, Coldstone etc.
- Mongol Sikdang. A Mongolian restaurant.
- New Himalaya Nepal Restaurant, Damunhwa-gil, Danwon-gu, ☏ .
- Samarkand Restaurant, Damunhwa-gil, Danwon-gu, ☏ . Uzbek restaurant.
- Indian Nepal Food, Damunhwa-gil, Danwon-gu, ☏ .
- Imperia Chaihona Lounge (Imperia Bakery Cafe), 12 Damunhwa 2 gil, Danwon-gu, Ansan-si (By 22 bus or by train to Ansan station), ☏ (VoIP), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-23:00/01:00. Russian & Uzbekistan cuisine restaurant/cafe. From ₩10,000-15,000.
- Ansan's main downtown area is opposite Jungang Station and features dozens of bars and coffee shops.
- 1 To Presso (토프레스), 2-1, Haksa 2-gil, Sangnok-gu, Ansan-si, ☏ . Weekday 10:00-02:00, weekend 10:00-01:00. To presso is a dessert cafe near by the Hanyang University. To presso sells a variety of drinks and ice flakes with syrup.
- 2 Crevasse (크레바스), Seongan 1-gil, Sangnok-gu, Ansan, Gyeonggi-do, ☏ . 10:00-24:00. Delicious coffee and comfortable sofa. It consists of 1st floor, 2nd floor, and rooftop. ₩3500-6000.
- 3 Gerisim (그리심), https://www.instagram.com/cafe_gerisim/, ☏ . 09:00-23:00. Coffee, latte, smoothie, bingsu. 3000-5000won.
- 4 Cafe Windmill (윈드밀), 3, HanyangDaehak 1 gil, Sa 3dong, Sangrok-gu, ☏ . 10AM~11PM. You can enjoy great coffe and drinks here. It has various kinds of coffee bean and also various kind of blending. So you can enjoy to your taste.The most inexpensive menu is just 1000 won americano(but it tastes very nice) 1000₩~5000₩.
- Imported beers from South East Asia can be found at some markets and restaurants near Ansan Station.
- 5 Pommefrites (폼프리츠), 45-1, Hanyangdaehak-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ . 16:30-03:00. Pommefrites is a franchised beerhouse. Draft beer and potato chips from this store are so cool. You can dip the chip in a special sauce.
- 6 The sul (더 술), B1, 1167-1 Sa-dong, Sangnok-gu, Ansan-si Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si KR, ☏ . 14:00-02:00. The sul is the most used bar by Hanyang University at Erica. All menus are delicious so there is no representative menu.
There are a bunch of cheap love motels in Ansan. To find these cross the street from the station, go 5 or 6 blocks and veer to your left a street or two. They range from between ₩50,000 to ₩80,000, and most will have large TV's with cable, Internet and PC, and some nicer ones even have baths.
Hotels, in the standard sense, are rare in Ansan and are mostly 'business' hotels serving foreign visitors who visit Ansan's large industrial complex. Hotel 'Hi-Vice' is a basic business hotel and may serve for foreign visitors, with room rates between ₩40-120,000 it is opposite Jungang Station and also features a wedding hall. There is also an international hotel located close to Sangoksu Station. However, as mentioned above, many motels are on par with 3-4 star hotels and are typically rather cheap.
Guest house is in Hanyang University. However, you need a permission from Hanyang University. Fee of standard room is ₩129,000, twin room, deluxe double and deluxe twin for ₩176,000 and Royal sweet for ₩400,000. They furnished super high speed of Internet, central heating system, individual air condition, available international phone call at anytime and satellite broadcasting that provide variety of internal and external channels.
- 1 [dead link] C&B Hotel, 20, Sangnoksu-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ , fax: . Standard room for ₩100,000 in weekday and ₩120,000 in weekend. Suite room for ₩120,000 in weekday and ₩140,000 in weekend..
- 2 Hivice Hotel, 885, Jungang-daero, Danwon-gu, ☏ . The hotel has 60 rooms. Additional facilities: banquet hall, buffet, coffee shop The cost varies according to each room.
- 3 Luxury Sightseeing Hotel, 945, Jungang-daero, Danwon-gu, ☏ . The hotel has 108 rooms. Additional facilities: restaurant, nightclub The cost varies according to each room..
Ansan has higher than average crime levels for South Korea, although it is still very safe by global standards.
- 5 Korea University Ansan Hospital (고려대학교 안산병원), 123, Jeokgeum-ro, Danwon-gu, ☏ . This hospital has internal medicine department, surgery department, department of neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, thoracic surgery, neuropsychiatry, plastic surgery, anesthesiology, obstetrics and gynecology.
- 6 Kidung Hospital (기둥병원), 34, Sangnoksu-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ , fax: . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 09:00-13:00, lunchtime 12:30-13:30, Sunday is a non-consultation day. It is specialized in neuro-orthopedic, orthopaedics, internal medicine and so on.
- 7 Hansarang Hospital (한사랑병원), 345, Gwangdeok 1-ro, Sangnok-gu, ☏ . It is specialized in department of surgery. And It has department of internal medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, anesthesiology, health examination center.
- Daebudo - an island administratively part of Ansan and famous for its mud flats.
- Suwon - with the world heritage listed Hwaseong Fortress.
- Songdo - also called "Songdo International Business District", with lots of skyscrapers.
- Incheon - South Korea's third largest city, best known for its airport but also featuring many cultural attractions.
- Seoul - the lively national capital with modern and ancient attractions to keep you busy for weeks.