Ipperwash Beach is a small community in the municipality of Lambton Shores in southwestern Ontario.
The Ipperwash Crisis was an Indigenous land dispute that took place in Ipperwash Provincial Park, Ontario in 1995. Several members of the Stoney Point Ojibway band occupied the park in order to assert their claim to nearby land which had been expropriated from them during World War II. During a violent confrontation, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) killed unarmed protester Dudley George.
By automobile, there are three ways to get into Ipperwash Beach:
- West Ipperwash Road-Kettle Point
- Ipperwash Road-Ravenswood
- Army Camp Road-Lambton Shores
- Bike or walk the beach. But if thinking about travelling outside Ipperwash, best to bring a car.
- The Beach
- Kettle Point Kettles
- Former Canadian Army Base Stony Point
- Former Ipperwash Beach Provincial Park (CLOSED)
- Pow Wow at Kettle Point
- Water Festival at Kettle Point
- Sand Dunes
- Stony Point First Nation Reserve (Formerly occupied by the Canadian army)
- Golfing at Indian HIlls(18 Holes) or Our Ponderosa Campground (9 Holes)
- Hiking the Dunes and Trails
- Camping (Trailer Parks and Campsites available)
- Kettle & Stony Point Annual Pow Wow - Jul 13, 2013 - Jul 14, 2013: The Chippewa’s of Kettle & Stony Point invite everyone to experience the 43rd Annual Pow Wow. Experience the culture and history of the Chippewa people and watch the competition Pow Wow featuring drumming, dancing, singing, arts, crafts, and more. http://www.ontariossouthwest.com/experiences/kettle-%26-stony-point-annual-pow-wow,563 [dead link]
- Arbour Acres Variety Store
- WallyGators (Bar and Restaurant; renovated and under new management as of 2013)
- Buy Fresh Caught Fish (Kettle Point)
- Village Inn Diner (Highway 21)
- Kettle Point Plasa
- Sunnyside Trailer Park, N-731 Army Camp Road, Ipperwash, ☎ . or +1 519-539-9377. 105 Sites, 30 Transient Sites, Electrical, Water, Tent Sites, Trailer Rentals, Toilets, Showers, Swimming Pool, Nature Trials.
- Silver Birches Family Campground, 9537 Army Camp Road, Ipperwash, N0N 1J3, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 140 Sites, 10 Transient Sites, Electrical, Water, Dumping Station, Propane, Tent Sites, Trailer Rentals, Toilets, Showers, Laundry, General Store, Rec Hall, Organized Activities, Swimming Pool, Watercraft, Nature Trails
- Carolinian Forest Campground, 9589 Ipperwash Road, ☎ . 145 Sites, 25 Transient Sites, Electrical, Water, Dumping Station, Tent Sites, Toilets, Showers, General Store, Rec Hall, Organized Activities, Swimming Pool, Mini Golf, Nature Trials
- 1 Our Ponderosa Cottage and RV Resort, 9338 West Ipperwash Rd, Forest, ☎ .