The Iron Range is a region in Northeastern Minnesota where iron ore (and taconite) has been mined for generations. This area has some cultural aspects more similar to the U.P. of Michigan than the surrounding area of Minnesota. It was settled largely by Finns and some other Scandinavians and Russians.
- The underground mine tour in Soudan, where the temperature is a constant 52 degrees year round.
- The Iron Range Interpetive Center in Chisholm, describing the lives of the first miners in NE Minnesota.
- The Greyhound Bus Museum in Hibbing, exhibiting early coaches and telling the story of how Greyhound got its start.
- Bob Dylan's boyhood home in Hibbing.
- The Paulucci Planetarium in Hibbing, on US 169.
- Tour Hibbing High School on 21st Street and 8th Avenue East.