Jump to navigation Jump to search
Irrawaddy or Ayeyarwady is a region of Myanmar covering the Ayeyarwady River (Irrawaddy River) delta.
- 1 Yangon (Rangoon) was the capital of Myanmar until it was superseded by Naypyidaw in November 2005
- 2 Bago (Pegu) - uncountable Buddhist temples
- 3 Pathein (Bassein) - the capital of Ayeyarwady Division
- 4 Pyay
- 5 Taungoo
- 6 Thanlyin - historical port town close to Yangon.
- 7 Twante - delta town famous for its pottery.
- 1 Chaung Tha
- 2 Ngwe Saung
- 3 Taukkyan - the site of the war cemetery with the graves of more than 6,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Burma during WWII.
- 4 Coco Islands
- Cape Negrais: this headland west of the Irrawaddy Delta is a landmark with scenic beaches and grand cliffs.