Ishinomaki (石巻市; ishinomaki-shi) is a city in Miyagi. It has a population of around 165,000 people.
- The replica of the Japanese-built galleon San Juan Batista
- Mount Kinka
- Ojika Whale Park
- Ishinomaki St. John the Apostle Orthodox Church
- Kadanowaki area, once a sandy beach that has now completely disappeared.
- 1 [dead link]Conbini Ayers Rock Hotel (コンビニＡｙｅｒｓＲｏｃｋホテル), 立町1丁目6-21 (Exit Ishinomaki Station, go 1 block south and 3 blocks east. Across from Ishinomaki Grand Hotel.), ☎ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. This hotel is a remodeled dormitory. There are vending machines and laundry machines. Single room for ¥3,980, twin room for ¥6,480, parking costs extra.
- 2 Ryokan Tochigi (旅館とちぎ), 鋳銭場２－１２ (From the SE corner of Ishinomaki Station, this ryokan is 50m south down a footpath.), ☎ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. This is an old business ryokan. It has many single and double rooms. There are shared baths and bathrooms. The friendly staff only speak Japanese. Fare includes breakfast and parking..
- Ishinomaki is a 30 minute drive from Matsushima, a beautiful bay with tree-covered islands.
- Ferries run from Ishinomaki to Tashirojima, Tohoku's Cat Island.
- Sendai, the biggest city in Tohoku, is less than an hour away, by train or car.