Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bus service is available too.
- Playa Las Gatas The waters here are known for being calm, cool, and easy to swim. There are nice, secluded areas for snorkeling and scuba diving, and a small beach shop with fabulous bikini tops. Local vendors sell delicious ice cream, snacks, crafts and other refreshments on the beach. There are small boats that take you from the town pier to the beach, with a short commute of only 10-15 minutes.
- Playa La Ropa One of Ixtapa’s largest and most breathtaking beaches is known as Playa La Ropa. This beach is filled with restaurants, palm trees, and gentle waves. A taxi from town is US$3.
- Swim with DolphinsPhone from USA: 1-877-234-7469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Swim with dolphins.
- Museo de Arqueología de la Costa Grande A collection of treasures, history, and culture. The museum has a large variety of pottery and intriguing stone relics. The museum is open during the week and on weekends, Tuesday through Sunday, 10am to 6pm. Phone: 755-554-7552
- Ixtapa Divers PADI certified divers and instructors. Email: email@example.com
- Casa Morelos, ☏ . Centro Comercial La Puerta, Locales 9, 10 y 18, Ixtapa. Some unique and highly recommended dishes include the seafood casserole, shrimp in mustard sauce, and the crayfish in Ajillo (garlic) sauce.
- El Galeón, ☏ . Marina Ixtapa - seafood and pastas. Dine on the terrace or on “the ship.” The restaurant reproduced a boat that sits on land, but overlooks the water.
- Elvira’s Playa la Ropa. Casual, cheap, and cheerful. This restaurant is located on Playa La Ropa and is on the sand. The restaurant specializes in seafood.
- Villa De La Selva, ☏ . Paseo de la Roca Lote. This Mediterranean – contemporary restaurant offers fishes, meat, and vegetables. Spectacular location.
- Casa Bahia (Zihuatanejo Yacht Club), Col. Almacen (On the road to Puerto Mio), ☏ . Noon-Midnight. Views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Seafood, meats and pastas, and the only place in town you can catch a real Salisbury Steak with gravy. mid-range.
- Senor Frog's Ixtapa Paseo de Ixtapa , Centro Comercial La Puerta (Cover charge)
- Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, Paseo, Punta Ixtapa S/N, Zona Hotelera II, ☏ . A 5-star Ixtapa beachfront resort. Has suites with private plunge pools, a spa, restaurants, and event and wedding space.
- Krystal International Vacation Club. Family-oriented all-inclusive hotel with beachfront vistas. Located close to major shopping and entertainment districts. English spoken.
- Solimar Inn Suites, ☏ . 12 fully equipped and nicely decorated suites for a very comfortable vacation for families and couples. Located in charming Zihuatanejo. A family owned & operated property. English spoken.
- Tesoro Resorts Ixtapa (Located on Blvd. Ixtapa s/n Lote 5, Zona Hotelera), ☏ , fax: . Beachfront on the Playa del Palmar strip.
- Hotel Zihuatanejo Centro, ☏ .
- Playa Troncones 25 minutes north of the twin resorts of Zihuatanejo & Ixtapa and the Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International Airport. It looks like Ixtapa but without the crowds. Troncones offers many miles of beautiful, unspoiled, golden sand beaches. Stroll, the virgin clean beach's and go barefoot in the surf where flocks of pelicans skim the crests of the waves and endangered sea turtles lay their eggs in the warm sand. Troncones is "the real Mexico"
- Zihuatanejo - Ten minutes by taxi, 20 by bus, nice change from totally-tourist Ixtapa; excellent food, better value for $, more likely to bargain in shops, definitely more 'real world' than Ixtapa. Not as clean, not as pristine, but thoroughly enjoyable!