Jászberény is a small town in the Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok county of Hungary.
(faster, but requires bus transfer): Take the train to Szolnok and get off when you reach Nagykáta. There's a bus from Nagykáta to Jászberény every 30 minutes.
Buses towards Jászberény depart from the Stadionok Autóbuszpályaudvar, nearly every hour every day (usually from stop 4).
The main roads 31 and 32 cross the town, which is about 80 km far from Budapest.
On foot or by car, this is a small town. The local bus transport is available, but you'll find it very limited.
- "Lehel's horn" is at display in Jászberény, in the Museum of Jász. This is a Byzantine ivory horn from 10-11th century and most probably not the same as the horn from the myth.
- Town Center: built by the architect Mihály Pollack who also built the Hungarian National Museum
- Hamsa Museum
- Jászberény Zoo: Unique events every hour of live-feeding animals, or walk with penguins!
- Visit the Museum of Jász
- Visit the several churches of Jászberény
- Catch a movie or a play at the Malom Filmszínház
- Visit the Jászberény Zoo
- Go for a swim in one of the two places you can.
- Walk around the town.
Things related to the town can be bought in the Museum of Jász.
There are several restaurants around the town - ask anyone in town to get directions for the nearest one.
- Viktórió Pizzéria
- River Étterem és Bowling club
- Arizona Steak House
There are several pubs and restaurants around town, although the night life consists of teens mostly.
There are several places to stay: Hotel Lehel Gyöngye***, Hotel Touring**, River Bowling club Apartments & Restaurant, Aranysas fogadó or the Jóbarát fogadó.
Drug stores can be found around town easily. The town houses a large hospital, the Szent Erzsébet Hospital.
There are several neighboring Jász' villages to visit.