North America > United States of America > California > Gold Country > Amador County > Jackson (California)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getting around Jackson can be difficult without a car. The main town attraction, Jackson Rancheria Casino, can be reached by shuttle buses that run throughout Northern California into the casino 7 days a week.
- Main Street.
- 1 Kennedy Gold Mine Tours, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open weekends and holidays March through October, by reservation all others times. Operated from 1860 through 1942, the Kennedy gold mine is most famous for having one of the deepest mine shafts of any gold mine in the world at 5,912 feet. The mine tour (surface only) covers several of the old mine buildings and provides an overview of mine operations. $9.00 for adults, $5.00 for kids 6-12.
- 2 Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, toll-free: .
- Best Western Amador Inn, 200 S State Highway 49, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 101 Clinton Rd, ☏ .
- The Jackson Lodge, 850 N. State Highway 49, ☏ .
- 1 Sutter Creek
- 2 Plymouth
- 3 Volcano
- 4 Angels Camp - Angels Camp is a Gold Rush town where Mark Twain overheard a tale that inspired his short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County"; today the town hosts a "Jumping Frog Jubilee" every May that draws thousands of visitors. Visitors will also enjoy the historic downtown and find amenities including several hotels and restaurants. Attractions located just outside of town include the Natural Bridges trail, a 2 miles (3.2 km) hike through two short but spectacular limestone caverns that have been carved out by Coyote Creek, as well as the Carson Hill ghost town, a former mine where a 195 pound troy gold nugget was unearthed in 1854.
|Routes through Jackson|
|Auburn ← Sutter Creek ←||N S||→ Angels Camp → Oakhurst|