Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Jagodina)
Šumadija is a region in Central Serbia.
- 1 Čačak — a town near the Ovčar-Kablar gorge
- 2 Jagodina — a city in Pomoravlje on the Belica river
- 3 Kragujevac — the first capital of modern Serbia, industrial hub and the 4th largest city in Serbia. Kragujevac is in the region Šumadija, 120 km south of Belgrade. Lepenica, a small river, flows through Kragujevac. Near the town is Lake Gružansko (Гружанско Језеро).The city has a university, and important cultural and medical buildings. It has a rich history and many cultural and historical monuments.
- 4 Kraljevo — an important economic center in Serbia 170 km south of Belgrade. It lies on two rivers, the Morava and The Ibar river.In the outskirts of the city is very famous monastery Žiča with a rich history, and in addition to the monastery and the famous Mataruška spa, and a little further Bogutovačka Spa.
- 5 Kruševac — another largely modern city. The main attraction here is Prince Lazar's fortress. It is now a complete ruin, with not much left to see except some foundations. There also a church dating back to the 14th century.
- 6 Trstenik
- 7 Vrnjačka Banja — town with a spa and Roman spring
- Near the town of Topola is the hill of Oplenac (Опленац). Here is the Mausoleum of the Serbian Royal family Karadjordjevic (in St. George's Church), museums, and vineyards.