Jahrom (Persian: جهرم ; Middle Persian: Gahrom) is a city with population of 142,000 (2016) in Fars province, Iran.
Jahrom, the second largest city of Fars, sits in the center of the province, 180 km south of Shiraz. Most of the people are Muslims and speak Persian language. It is located 1050 m above sea level. It is famous for Date and citrus fruits.
- 1 Jahrom Airport (JAR IATA), Forudgah boulevard, ☏ +98 934 085 8523 (mobile). Has regular flights to Tehran and Mashhad. price from 2,200,000 rials.
Jahrom is connected to Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan, Bandar Abbas, and Lar.
A highway connects Jahrom to Shiraz and Tehran.also there are routes to Fasa, Qir and Lar which has connection to Bandar Abbas and Persian Gulf coast.
You can get around the city by taxi (including online) or bus. You can also go to the small towns near the city such as Qotb Abad, Khafr and Duzeh and villages by bus or taxi.
- Sangeshkan cave, South of the city. The biggest handmade cave in the world.
- Ghadamgah, Azadegan boulevard, across from the literature college. A Sassanid Fire temple.
- Jahrom Bazaar, Jomhuri street. Historical bazaar from Zand dynasty period.
- Khan school and mosque, Ebrat street. A building from Safavid dynasty period.
- Jame mosque, 22 Bahman street. A Jame mosque from Seljuk period.
- Muharram Mournings. The event marks the anniversary of the Battle of Karbala, when Imam Hussein ibn Ali, the grandson of Muhammad, was killed by the forces of the second Umayyad caliph. Family members accompanying him were killed or subjected to humiliation. The commemoration of this event during the yearly mourning season, with the Day of Ashura as the focal date, serves to define Shia communal identity. It is held in most of the cities of Iran include Jahrom. Free.
- Jahrom Bazaar
- Atlas shopping center
- Aftab shopping center
- Golha shopping center
- zeytun shopping center
- central shopping center
- jomhuri shopping center
Some of the famous restaurants in the city are:
- Haft khan
- Chatre sabz
- Kaze (Italian)
Most of the coffee shops are located in Khayyam street.such as:
- Pasargad Hotel, Chamran square. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. from 1,250,000 rials.
- Sajjad Hotel, 22 Bahman street. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. from 500,000 rials.
- Farahmand Hotel, Qir road. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. from 820,000 rials.
- Jahrom university [dead link]
- Jahrom University of Medical Sciences
- Islamic Azad University of Jahrom
- Pyame Nor Jahrom [dead link]
- See also the warnings at Iran#Stay safe.
Iran is generally a safe country. It is advised however, that being an obvious tourist may attract some unwanted attention from interested Iranians, but do not be alarmed or react negatively. Standard advice to keep your bag secured and safe, and to leave personal and valuable belongings in your hotel room or hotel safe should be regarded. Iranians are generally peaceful, hospitable people, but it is advised to act with caution when walk in the streets alone late at night or when approached by strangers to the same degree that you would in your native country.
- Police: 110
- Fire department: 125
- EMS: 115
- Road EMS: 115 or 112