Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jhushan is near the banks of Choshui River (濁水溪).
- Formosa Freeway (Highway #3), take the Jhushan exit located at about 244th km.
- Or alternatively, take Tai 3 highway line which passes through downtown Jhushan
- 1 Yuanlin Bus Chushan Station (員林客運竹山站). The bus station, in the centre of town, has services which connect Jhushan to other parts of Nantou.
- The is no railway through the town, but you can take a train to 1 Ershui station (二水車站). , the nearest possible.
Here are a few of what to see in and around the city:
- 1 First City of Qianshan Stone (【前山第一城】石碣), No. 346, Section 1, Qianshan Road.
- 2 Shadonggong National Earthquake Park (沙東宮國家地震公園), No. 1101, Section 2, Jishan Road, ☏ .
- 3 Chushan Cultural District (竹山文化園區), 742 Jianguo Rd, ☏ .
- 4 Fang Shi Lu Ang Glass Gallery (芳仕璐昂琉璃藝術館), No. 181, Dali Road, ☏ . M-F 09:00-17:00. A museum/gallery which specialises in coloured glass and leadlighting works.
- 5 Yoshantea Tea Culture House (遊山茶訪–茶文化館), No. 19, Yanping Road, ☏ . 09:00-17:30. Housed in an old tea factory, the Culture House has a number of exhibits on the history of tea production in Taiwan.
- 6 Chushan Wude Temple (竹山社寮武德宮), No. 1738, Section 1, Jishan Road.
- 7 Zhushan Lianxing Temple (竹山連興宮), 28 Xiaheng Street.
- 8 Zinan Temple (紫南宮), 40 Dagong Street. The temple was established in 1745. It is believed that borrowing money from the Land God will bring good luck, good fortune, and prosperity.
- 9 Chanfeng Temple, No. 77-66, Zhonghe Road, ☏ . A multi-storey Buddhist temple complex.
Parks and nature
- Stair Suspension Bridge.
- 1 Chelungpu Fault Preservation Park (車籠埔斷層保存園區). The park was established to commemorate the 921 earthquake in 1999.
- North Force Creek Valley (Beishi Sigu).
- 2 Sun Link Sea Forest Recreational Area (杉林溪森林遊樂區), No. 6, Xishan Road, ☏ . 07:00-21:00. The forest is located at an elevation of 1,600-1,800 meters above sea level with an area of 40 hectares. It consists of herb and flower garden as well as three waterfalls.
- 3 Lotus Forest (忘憂森林).
- 4 Qinglong Waterfall (青龍瀑布). A 116m high waterfall that lies along a popular hiking trail.
- 1 Thursday Night Market (星期四夜市), No. 1-5, Zhushan Road, ☏ . Monday & Thursday evenings. A variety of local snacks are available here, such as: octopus balls, milk tea, Dongshan duck head, and fried chicken.