- 1 Male — the capital city. The airport island Hulhule is located nearby.
- 2 Hulhumale — artificial island near Male
- 3 Maafushi
Surrounding both the capital Male and its airport, North and South Male have seen the heaviest amount of tourist development in the country. Practically all uninhabited islands of this Atoll became tourist resorts during the two final decades of the 20th century, Club Med and Sheraton are some of the companys with resort in any of the island of the atoll.
Practically all visitors fly into Male Airport, from where all resorts in Kaafu are accessible from Male Airport in an hour by speedboat or 15 minutes by air taxi.
Scuba diving and snorkelling are the main activities.
All resorts listed here are on private islands.
- Helengeli Island Resort, North Male, ☏ . Swiss-run 50-room resort at the northernmost tip of North Male Atoll, catering primarily to divers. Renovated in 2004, rooms are basic and have open-air bathrooms. OceanPro dive shop, small pool, one restaurant and bar, very limited recreational activities aside from diving. The house reef and nearby diving are excellent, but fairly exposed to currents. US$160.
- [dead link] Thulhagiri Island Resort, North Male (25 min by speedboat from airport), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12noon. 55 basic beach bungalows and 17 water bungalows (fully separated, with direct reef access). Good house reef, excellent Sub-Aqua 5* PADI dive centre (~US$50/dive), small pool, some watersports but minimal other facilities (no spa). One restaurant, mostly buffet fare, half/full board packages only. Drinks very reasonably priced (wine from US$2/glass). A very good budget choice. Beach bungalows US$200, water bungalows US$350.
- Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort, Dhigufinolhu (25 min from airport by speedboat), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Formerly Dhigufinolhu, reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation. Great spa, several restaurants, poor house reef. Starting from $ 516.
- 1 Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, Veligandu, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tropical wooden bungalows have flat-screen TV, DVD player and espresso machine. Starting from $ 705.
- Kurumba Maldives (10 min from airport by speedboat), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: Noon. 4.5 star resort with 8 restaurants, 3 bars, spa, water sports, dive centre, recreation centre, kids club, entertainment, house reef and nice beaches. Range of meal plans including all inclusive menu options. US$300-1500.
- 2 Naladhu Maldives (On Veligandu Huraa Island), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Houses have either beach or ocean views. Each house has a private pool, steam room and personal 24-hour butler service. Starting from $ 999.
Most resorts run shopping and sightseeing excursions to Male.