Maafushi is in the Maldives.
Maafushi is one of the inhabited islands of Kaafu Atoll. Tourism is growing fast because there are a lot of hotels and guesthouses.
It's possible to arrive by public MTCC ferry and it cost is about 22 MVR, there are two options:
- 311: This ferry departures from the new extension in front of the Villingili Ferry Terminal of Malé. It departures at 15:00 all days except Friday and the trip is about 1h45.
- 310: This ferry departures from the Villingili Ferry Terminal of Malé. It departures at 10:00 on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
There are some speed boats that links Malé and Maafushi in 30 minutes, the cost is about 25$.
Maafushi is a small island, so you can go walking to all places. Some hotels lend bikes to ride.
- There is a small bikini beach in the north of the island.
- Water sports: jet-ski, parasailing, banana ride, wake boarding, etc.
- Diving and snorkelling: There are at least five dive companies and a lot of hotels where you can hire dives or snorkelling tours.
- Visit a resort island.
- Visit another inhabited islands.
There are some little supermarkets to buy some food, drinks or sun cream.
There are a lot of shops to buy souvenirs, t-shirts, gifts, etc.
There are some restaurants to eat. There is an italian restaurant too, Pizza & Pasta Mamma Mia.
Alcohol is not permitted in the island, but there is a boat near of the beach where you can drink some alcohol. Hotel's desks call the boat and they send a transfer for free. The trip is about 5 minutes.
Beer costs 5$.
There are a lot of hotels and guesthouses.