Kaithal is in Karnal Division.
Like much of the state of Haryana, Kaithal has an agricultural economy. Rice and cotton are the major crops grown though there have been efforts to diversify and grow oilseeds.
Kaithal is well connected to the big cities by road. From Chandigarh, drive along the National Highway NH-65.
- 1 Tomb of Razia Sultan. Said to be the place where the only female ruler of the Delhi Sultanate was buried.
- 2 Balu. An Indus Valley Civilisation site which has yielded many plant remains.
- Tomb of Sheikh Tayyab. The resting place of the 16th century Islamic saint.
- 1 Chacha Nehru Children Park, Chatravas Rd, Bidkyar Lake. Named after India's first prime minister, the lush green park has a dinosaur-themed playground, keeping kids entertained for hours. There is also a 1 km walking and jogging path for fitness lovers.
- 1 Vegetarian Village Restaurant, 2nd Floor, Padma City Mall, Karnal Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-10:30PM daily. Modern Indian family dining.