Kangar is the end of all domestic bus lines in Malaysia before crossing to Thailand. Most notable company is Transnasional Berhad, the largest bus company in Malaysia. There are also companies that go to and from as far as Melaka in the south and Kelantan in the east. Fare to travel from Kuala Lumpur is about RM43 and the journey takes about 6.5 hours.
Taking a train to Perlis you will end up in a small town called Arau, less than 15km away from Kangar. The only company that provides passenger train service is KTM Berhad.
Hop-on-hop-off town buses are easily accessible. The center for the town buses is next to Kayangan Square. However, town buses do not operate at night. Taxis are few and far between and are usually focused at the bus terminal.
- Medan Mountain
- Kubu Hill Recreation Park
- EPF Tower
- Perlis State Mosque
- Syed Alwi State Mosque
- State Museum and Heritage Hall
- Malay World Weaponry Museum
- 1 Taman Anggur (10 km north). Grape vineyard.
- Taman Rekreasi Gua Cenderawasih, at Cenderawasih Hill, near Dewan 2020
- The Store, Jalan Penjara, 01000 Kangar, Perlis., ☏ .
- Girl Friend Fashion Boutique, No. 13 Tingkat Atas, Taman Simpang 3, Jln.Arau-Kangar, 01000 Kangar, Perlis., ☏ . Designer fashion boutique.
- Anjung Keli
- Poh Kee Laksa and Ah Beng Laksa are the two most famous Chinese-style Asam Laksa stall in Kangar. Situated just opposite the bus terminal.
- There are two KFC chain store in Kangar, one is located at Jalan Bukit Lagi and another one is located opposite Kayangan Square at Jalan Penjara, which is opened 24 hour.
- Secret Recipe, 275! Jalan Baru, Taman Pengkalan Asam, 01000, Kangar, ☏ . 11AM-11PM (daily).
Nightlife in Kangar is nonexistent. Shops close well before 10pm but the Kayangan Square stays open until 10pm.
However, you can always join the locals at coffee shop or mamak stall (mostly located at Persiaran Jublee Emas) to have a local drink.
- [dead link] Hotel Putra Palace, ☏ , fax: . 135 Persiaran Jubli Emas. 3 Star Hotel
- Lot 8101 Mukim Atan Aji, Persiaran Wawasan (beside Dewan 2020), ☏ fax: . 24 hours reception/message, 24 hours security, free WiFi, daily housekeeping, valet/laundry, wake up call, convenience store, facsimile, Surau, free parking, swimming pool, coffee house - Seri Inai, and function room. ,
- Soo Guan Villa, ☏ , fax: . 1231 Kg Ujong Matang.
- Hotel Malaysia
- Federal Hotel
- Sri Kayangan Inn, Medan Raja Syed Alwi
- 1 Seri Malaysia Kangar Hotel (Hotel Seri Malaysia Kangar), Lot 8101, Persiaran Wawasan, Mukim Utan Aji, 01000, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. RM200-250.