Kefamenanu is a town in West Timor.
Most locals refer to the town by its shorter, casual name: "Kefa". Kefa is the capital of North Central Timor regency.
All long-distance buses stop in the Bus Terminal Kefamenanu in the center of the town.
Bus from Dili: 7 hours
Bus from Soe: 3 hours
- Temkessi Village (sometime written as 'Tamkessi' or other variations): One of the popular village in Timor. Some villagers have left the village to modern housing, but there are still a few families live there. It is a bit of an inconvenience to reach the village. Most visitors hired a car and a guide, although some can make it with long-distance bemo and ojek. Ask your accommodation for the details. Remember to betel nuts and donation.
- Taolin Palace (pronounced 'ta-O-leen'): a big house belonging to the previous royal family in Oelolok area. Possible to be reached with a bemo or an ojek.
- Hotel Cendana, Jln. Sonbai. a long established accommodation for budget travelers. Wi-Fi available. all rooms come with private bathroom. Economy (no aircon) Rp150,000; Standard (w/ aircon) Rp220,000; VIP (w/ aircon and hot water) Rp250,000.
- Hotel Ariesta, Jln Besuki Rachmat. a newer establishment receiving more attention for travelers
- Hotel Livero, Jln. El Tari. the nearest accommodation to the bus terminal Rp250,000 and up.
- Oecussi, the west part of Timor Leste (East Timor)
- Atambua, the last town before the border of Timor Leste (East Timor)
- Straight to Dili in Timor Leste (East Timor), skipping Atambua, 6-7 hours