Kharagpur is an industrial and railway township in Southwest Bengal.
- Get down at 1 Kharagpur Railway Station.
- Reach Kharagpur via the NH 6 and NH 60 junction, known as "Kharagpur Chowringhee".
- 1 Hijli Shaheed Bhawan (IIT old building). Known as Nehru Museum of Science and Technology.
- 2 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kharagpur).
- 3 Khargeshwar Temple, Inda.
- 4 Balaji Mandir, Dhekeya, Malancha (Autorickshaws ply at regular intervals from Kharagpur New Bustand to Malancha. You can also take a postpaid or prepaid taxi from the taxi stand at the Kharagpur Railway station.), ☏ .
- Kalaikunda Air Base. Air Force Station Kalaikunda was built by the British for the Royal Indian Air Force during World War II. It was used to conduct raids against advancing Japanese in Burma and also for operations to transport aid to parts of China.
- Salua Air Base. Air base during WWII, which was used by the 317th Airlift Squadron of the US Airforce
- 5 Railway Garden (BNR garden).
- 6 Hijli eco park (deer park).
- 7 Shri Jagannath Mandir (Jagannath Temple), Nimpura Road, beside Puja Mall (Big Bazaar) (Autorickshaws and totos ply up to Nimpura and Arambati at regular intervals. You can also hire a taxi from the taxi stand near Kharagpur Junction Railway Station), ☏ .
- Cossey riverside.
- Gole Bazaar Durga Temple (Gole Bazaar Durga Mandir), Old Settlement, Opp. B.N.R. Excellence Academy (You can either take a rickshaw or a toto from Kharagpur Railway Station). The temple was established in the early 20th century by some Bengali people working on the railways. It is famous for its Durga Puja and is very popular. It also serves as a seat of culture for the city.
- Campus Tour, IIT Kharagpur. 6 AM - 8 PM.
- 1 Khargeshwar Temple. This is one of the oldest temples in the city, a Shiva temple, from which derives the name of the city Kharagpur.
- 2 Hijli Eco Park (Deer park), Paschimpathri. 8AM - 4:30PM. It’s a famous picnic spot in winter. There is a small deer park inside.
- 1 Gole Bazar.
- 2 Puja Mall (Big Bazar), Nimpura Road. 11AM - 9PM.
- 3 Gate Bazar.
- 4 QED Mall, Malancha Main Road. 9AM - 10PM.
- 5 Spencer's, Kaushallya. 9AM - 9PM.
- The shanty restaurants in Bogda bus stand are always ready with cooked food, comprised of coarse rice, watery dal, etc. The owner will welcome you in such a fashion like that they have been waiting for you only for a long time with their culinary expertise.
- More than 50 restaurants are present all over Kharagpur with delicious food.
- Taaz biriyani, New Bus Stand. 11:30 AM to 11:30 PM.
- Flavour, Nawab Conclave, Ground Floor, O.T Road, Ananda Nagar Colony, Inda. 11:00 AM to 10:30 PM.
- Scrummys Kharagpur, OT Road, near Allahabad bank, Inda. 09:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- The Waldorf, Chota Tengra.
- Momo Center Salua, SH 5, EFR,Salua, Salua.
- Great India Restaurant, NH 6, Saha Chowk, Malancha.
- Hotel Capsicum, NH 6, Saha chowk.
- Food City, 253/219, Malancha Road (opposite Axis Bank).
Mahua from Santhal women on the way to Bhosraghat.
- Little Sisters Restaurant & Bar, Chota Tengra (near Puri Gate).
- Hongkong Restaurant Cum Bar, No shooting Area, Kharagpur Local, Salua.
- Havana Restaurant, Kaushallya.
- 1 Guin Brothers Hotel & Lodge, Traffic side railway booking counter (near the Railway Station), ☏ , .
- 2 Guin's Hotel, Orissa Trunk Road, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Has a minibar and parking.
- 3 Hotel Dwarika, Gole Bazar, Bhandari Chawk, ☏ .
- 4 Hotel Greenland (near industrial area), ☏ .
- 5 Hotel Greenland Towers Pvt. Ltd. (near Bharat Petrol Pump), ☏ .
- 6 Hotel Park, Dhami Centre, Chhota Tengra (near IIT Kharagpur), ☏ , . Restaurant, Credit Cards accepted, TV in rooms
- 7 Hotel Swagat, DVC/IIT, ☏ .
- 8 Hotel Tamrolipto Park, NH 6, Saha Chowk, Dhekia (near Tata Metalick Road Crossing), ☏ , .
Cell phone coverage is excellent with all major mobile service providers offering their services in the city. The area dialing code for Kharagpur is 3222. From overseas dial +91 3222 XXX XXX, from within India dial 03222 XXX XXX. For mobile phones, dial +91 XXXXX XXXXX. Internet cafes are also available in plenty and charges between 10-25/hour.
- Police, ☏ 100.
- Fire, ☏ 101.
- Kharagpur Town, ☏ .
- Kharagpur Local, ☏ .