Jhargram is a city of about 62,000 people, famous for its forests and undulating topography. It has hills in the north and the peaceful, meandering Subarnarekha River in the south.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is the nearest airport.
Jhargram railway station is on the Howrah-Tatanagar section.
- 1 Chilkigarh Kanak Durga temple (15 km from Jhargram). An ancient temple reconstructed in 1348, according to some. According to others, the present temple is just about a century old, the earlier Navaratna temple has been abandoned. The Dulung River flows between the deserted Chikligarh Rajbari of the Jamboni dynasty and the Kanak Durga temple. There also is a Shiva temple.
- Dherua (Bank of Kansal river).
- 2 Junglemahal Zoological Park. The zoo houses deer, snakes, peacocks, bears, crocodiles, black rabbits and various types of monkeys.
- 3 Kankrajhore forest (79 km from Jhargram. Belpahari is 45 km from Jharagram on a bus route. Another 10 km past Belpahari is Bhulabheda. Kankrajhar forest is 18 km from there.). With dense forests, it has great scenic beauty. It is 9,000 hectare forest adjacent to other forests in the Ghatshila area of Jharkhand. Wild animals frequently stray in from these forests. There is a forest guest house on top of the hill and also a hotel in the forest.
- 4 Kendua (10 km from Jhargram). On the Jhargram-Jamboni Road and on the way to Chikligarh. Migratory birds visit the area in August-September.
- 5 Medical Plants Garden, Kalaboni.
- 6 Rabindra Unnayan Park.
- Sabitri Mandir (3 km from Jhargram). 350 year old temple.
- 7 Tarafeny Barrage (49 km from Jhargram,nearer to Belpahari). Tarafeny barrage across the Tarafeny River is a small irrigation project. Migratory birds can be seen in the place. Ghagra Waterfalls is 4 km upstream. The waters rush over large rocks.
- Tribal Museum.
- Rameshwar temple, Near Gopiballavpur (by car or bus).
- New Ashoka Hotel & Restaurant- Lodge .
- Balaji Dhaba & Restaurant.
- Banjara Restaurant.
- Jhargram M.P.S Green Front Resort.
- Jhargram Green Park (bar and restaurant).
- Jhargram Tandoori Food Mart with Sanchaita park.
- O2 (Rabindra park).
- Santiniketan Hotel.
- HOT LIPS, old settlement more,main road,Jhargram.
- Banani Atithi Nibas, ☎ .
- Jhargram Palace (Bookings can be done through WB Tourist dept., 3/2, B.B.D. Bag (East), Kolkata.). Was once owned by the Raja of Jhargram is now run jointly by the West Bengal Tourism Development Corporation and the royal family. It has 10 rooms plus 3 dormitories on the ground floor. The Malladev family which owns the building lives on the floor above and they aren’t the last word in luxury.
- MPS Greenffort Eco Resort, Dahijuri, ☎ . Check-in: 9 am, check-out: 9 am. AC rooms, cottages, dormitory, conference hall, swimming pool, restaurant. AC Rooms & Cottage from ₹2000-₹5500.
- White House Lodge, new central bus stand.
- Jasodha Lodge, new central bus stand.
- New Ashoka Hotel & Reaturant, Jubilee Market, Jhargram, ☎ .