Purulia is a city in West Bengal.
Purulia was developed by the British as a district headquarters and administrative centre. It has grown substantially over the years.
Purulia is a blend of various natures wonders. One can find just anything in Purulia, be it mountain chains which can be the ideal place for rock climbing and study of variety of flora and fauna, study of extremities of human poverty or getting information on the world famous Ananda Marga (a religious organisation) whose welfare motive is questioned. Get a glimpse of this district and town and gain an enthralling experience.
- 1 Kangsabati River (Kasai). Flows through the southern edge of the city
- 2 Purulia Leprosy Mission.
- 3 Purulia Railway Station.
- 1 District Science Centre.
- 2 Sahebbandh. Good place for relaxation
Hotel Aakash-In BT Sarkar Road, which also provides good quality accommodation.
Tripti Restaurant-A roadside eatery just opp to Aakash Hotel.Very good Indian/Chinese food.Try Chilli Chicken(Dry) and the Chicken Roll.
Mondira Snacks-At Post Office More.For Rolls/Noodles Etc.
Ruchira Snacks-For Rolls/Cutlets/Noodles etc.
Shree Hotel-For Bengali lunch and dinner.
Although drinking in Purulia is thought to be evil but yet people are merrymaking in this town. One can find numbers of pubs and restaurant offering liquors with food.
- 1 Hotel Lake Vue, North Lake Road, ☎ . With bar and restaurant
- 2 Hotel Akaash, B.T. Sarkar Road, ☎ .
- Kunal Hotel, B.T. Sirkar Road, ☎ .
- Mayur Hotel, B.T. Sirkar Road, ☎ .
- 3 Pinaki Sadan Hotel, Namopara Station Road, ☎ .
- Rajesh Hotel, Barakar Road, ☎ .
- Shree Hotel, Barakar Road, ☎ .
- 4 Aranya Sundari, Murguma (Begun Kodor, Murguma, Purulia), ☎ . Its a beautiful Village cottage Resort with pure taste of peaceful village living. Cottages are very spacious with big size attached toilets with WC, Showers etc. Each cottage has a separate small lobby and natural beauty is great. Tribal dance, Chow dance, campfire, jungle trekking, fishing, tribal village visits etc. lots of ways to spend a few nights with peace and tranquility. You can recharge yourself with garden fresh vegetables and pollution free air.
- Ajodhya Pahar - There are a few buses which run to Ayodhya Pahar. There is a guest house on the top of the hill where you can enjoy a night of a jungle life.
- Garh Panchakot / Panchet Dam
- Raghunathpur / Joychandi Pahar