Khe Sanh is a small city in Central Vietnam. The area surrounding it saw some of the fiercest fighting during the American War. Khe Sanh marine base features one of the best museums in the DMZ area.
Mini buses depart Dong Ha for the border frequently stopping at Khe Sanh on request.
- Khe Sanh Marine Base, in the best preserved of the DMZ bases there is a museum featuring many photos from the war with a clear air of propaganda. The old airstrip still remains and several American helicopters, a C130 transport and some North Vietnamese tanks. Turn off highway 9 at the large memorial near the entrance to town onto the Ho Chi Minh Highway, follow the road for around 3 kilometers there is a large blue sign on the right hand side. 50,000 VND
- ATMs There are many located throughout the town
- Khe Sanh Market Located in the special economic zone bordering Laos the market is far bigger than it would be otherwise for a town of its size, and with few tourists prices are cheap.
- Khe Sanh Market Head to stalls at the lower end of the market a rice dish with all the fixings for around 20,000 VND.
There are quite a few hotels on the main street.
- Khach San Hai Dang Comfortable, clean and friendly hotel located on highway 9. Rooms come with fan, A/C,fridge, tv and hot shower. 200,000 VND