Jump to navigation Jump to search
Khuzestan is one of 30 provinces in Iran and regarded as the birthplace of their civilisation by many Persians.
- 1 Ahvaz
- 2 Abadan
- 3 Khorramshahr
- 4 Dezful-Andimeshk (twin cities)
- 5 Ramhormoz
- 6 Bandar-e Mahshahr (Mahshahr, Sarbandar, Bandar Imam Khomeini)
- 7 Behbahan
- 8 Masjed Solayman
- 9 Izeh
- 10 Shushtar
- 1 Tchogha Zanbil. Its ziggurat (Choghazanbil), is a UNESCO World Heritage site which is the best preserved ziggurat temple in the world. Built about 1250 BC by the king of the Elamites to honour their god.
- 2 Shush (sometimes known as Susa) — a settlement from the 4th millenium BC, listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. It was an ancient Persian capital, called Shushan in the Bible.
- Susa — Achamenian Palace, Susa museum and castle, Daniel temple, Haft-Teppeh (1500 BC)
- Shustar — amazing 2000 year old water structures like the Sika watermills, dams, bridges and tunnels, also olden town (bazaar, houses, castle)
- Ayapir — discover Bakhtiari's land on the beautiful slopes of the Zagros mountains, visiting ancient Elamite sites of Tarisha temple and Kool Farah alog with nomads and villages in Izeh, Baghmalek and Haftguel
- Dezful to see the Shevi waterfall