The town's name, meaning "small mouth" in Afrikaans, refers to its location at the mouth of the Bot River lagoon. Tourism plays a large role in the town's economy due to its popularity with holiday makers from across the Western Cape and Cape Town in particular.
From False Bay take the R44 as it snakes along the coast.
- Park anywhere downtown and see the town by foot.
- Whale watching during the spring. From June to November, southern right whales can be seen from the coastline, where they come to mate and calf.
- A herd of wild horses is known to roam free in the marshlands at the Bot River lagoon area, next to Rooisands Nature Reserve. They are believed to be South Africa's only herd of wild horses in a wetland habitat.
- Play golf at the Arabella Golf Estate.
- Hike through the dense fynbos.
- Swim in Palmiet River and jump off the bridge (or rock if the bridge is too high).
- Home of D.F. Malherbe and sit in his "chair rock".
- Kleinmond's beach is a Blue Flag beach and is popular with South African holiday makers.
- Kogelberg Nature reserve for hiking, bird watching and flora. R50 entrance fee per adult.
- Visit the African Penguin colony at Betty's Bay. Includes Rock hyraxes, comorants and other seabirds. Boardwalk with lots of information points. Entrance fee R30 per adult (Sept. 2022).
Several restaurants near the harbor.
- KabelJoe seafood with live oysters, catch of the day and some local dishes.
At any of the many guest houses.
- Kleinmond Self-Catering Accommodation (Kleinmond Self-Catering Accommodation), 11 Second Street, ☏ . Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 11:00. Offering two fully equipped units, children are welcome. No garden, so no pets. Ideally situated, only a short walk to the shops, banks and post office. Close to the main beach and even closer to the rocky coastal walkway, appreciating many species of Fynbos. Whale watching from May until the end of November. R400-R00 per unit per night.
- Moonstruck, 264 Hangklip Road, Pringle Bay (22 km W of Kleinmond), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A beach house retreat, private and luxurious oceanfront accommodation with panoramic vistas. From R725pp.
Take the R44, then reach the N2 via the R43.