Jump to navigation Jump to search
Drive from the north or take the car ferry across the harbour from Rawene.
- 1 Village Arts Gallery, 1376 Kohukohu Road (the main street). Daily 10AM-4PM. Hokianga's community art gallery. Scheduled solo and group exhibitions plus a large showcase space highlight the area's established and emerging artists. Village Arts showcases contemporary painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, furniture, object, jewellery, ceramics, and traditional and avant-garde Maori arts. The gallery participates in the annual Matariki and Northland Kauri festivals, and exhibits works from students completing the Hokianga Arts and Crafts Course. Village Arts also hosts an annual Ngai Tupoto exhibition as well as open and themed contributions, which create a full, varied and unique calendar. It is on Te Ara Manawa: The Heart Trail and Northland Art Trail. The gallery is the trading arm of Kohukohu Community Trust.
- Sand dunes at north head of harbour. Drive to Mitimiti, then south along the beach for 15 km to climb the dunes.
- 1 The Tree House, 168 W Coast Rd (6km South of Kohukohu). Hostel with dorm beds and woodland cabins. dorm bed $32, single cabin $70.
- Beach Road Cottage, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Self-contained two-bedroom cottage.
- 2 Night Sky Lodge, 6 Marriner Street, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. Comfortable, tranquil harbour-front accommodation with en suite rooms, 4 double rooms and 1 twin room. Fully equipped kitchen on site, spacious covered outside seating, BBQ, free Wi-Fi and wheelchair accessible facilities. $110+.