1 KTEL Bus Station
The major monuments in the city are:
- 1 New Mosque (Turkish: Yeni Cami). built 1600-1618.
- Clock tower (Turkish: Saat Kule). built in 1884 by the order of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 2 Old Mosque (Turkish: Eski Cami). built 1608/9 or 1677/78.
- 3 Orthodox church (Greek: Kimiseos tis Panagias). built in 1800 inside the Byzantine fortress of Komotini.
- 4 Ruins of the Byzantine fortress. dating from the 4th century AD.
- 5 Imaret of Komotini. one of the oldest Ottoman monuments in Thrace from 1360-1380.
- 6 Archaeological museum of Komotini.
- 7 Folk museum (Greek: Laografiko museio), 13, "Aghiou Georgiou" St. 10:00 – 13:00.
- Byzantine museum of Komotini.
- Carathéodory's museum. dedicated to Constantin Carathéodory
- Thracian, Ethnological, Historical and Cultural museum.
- 8 The suburban forest of Nymphaea. north of Komotini.
- 9 Mosynopolis (Maximianopolis in Rhodope) (a few km west of Komotini). Ruins of a byzantine city
- 1 Sultan Tepe, 10, "Vasileos Paulou" St. Turkish cuisine
- 2 Ta Aderfia, 33, Orfeus str. Oriental cuisine
- 3 Farma Kreaton (Fabrika), Adrianoupoleos St., ☎ . Steak house
- 4 Ta Pyrofania, 10 "Kyriakidi Stilpnos" St, ☎ . Fish taverna
- 5 Diamond, 6th km of Komotini- Iasmou Rd, ☎ . Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening. Renowned restaurant. Live music
- Nedim Patisserie, Kriton 15-17, Orfeos, ☎ . Special cookies and Eastern Mediterranean sweets.
- 1 [dead link]Hellas Hotel, 31, Dimokritou Str, ☎ . , (Mobile)A 1 star hotel built in 1995 and renovated in 2008. Noisy location.
- 2 Democritus Hotel, 8, "G. Vizyinou" Square, ☎ . , A 2-star hotel built in 1967 and renovated in 2011.
- 5 Orpheus Hotel, 1, Parassiou Str (main square), ☎ . , (mobile)A 3-star hotel built in 1976 and entirely renovated in 2010.
- 6 Rodopi Hotel, 3, "Ethnarchou Makariou" Str, ☎ . A 3-star hotel built in 1988 and renovated in 2010.
- 7 Arcadia Hotel (near the Komotini University campus.), ☎ . A 4-star hotel built in 2003 and renovated in 2008
- 8 Archontiko Chris & Eve Mansion, 3rd km of Komotini - Alexandroupoli Old National Road (Eastern Interchange Egnatia/A2 Rd - Next IKEA Furniture Store), ☎ . A 4-star hotel
|Routes through Komotini|
|Thessaloniki ← Xanthi ←||W E||→ Alexandroupolis → Istanbul|