Malayalam is the official language. People can read and write English.
- Kochi International Airport (COK IATA) 151 km, or International airports at Thiruvananthapuram (TRV IATA) 105 km and Kozhikode (CCJ IATA). Direct flights there from the Middle East, Singapore, Maldives, Europe and Sri Lanka.
- Alternatively reach Chennai (Madras), Bangalore, Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, or other Indian cities and then by train.
Tiruvalla Railway Station (55 km) is in the district. Chengannur Railway Station (46 km).
Buses to Pathanamthitta are operated right from the arrival gate of Chengannur Railway Station in every 2 minutes. From Pathanamthitta buses are available to Konni every 5 minutes. Distance from Pathanamthitta to Konni is 9 km.
To reach Konni by road:
- Kochi - Alappuzha - Changanassery - Tiruvalla - Pathanamthitta - Kumbazha- Konni
- Thiruvananthapuram - Anchal - punalur - Pathanapuram - Konni
- Munnar / Thekkadi - Kanjirappally - Erumeli - Ranni - Pathanamthitta - Konni
- Thenkasi - Punalur - Pathanapuram - Konni
- Bus - local bus service system is very efficient in Pathanamthitta and is the most economical way to commute.
- Autoricksha - This is cheap way of transportation facility between attractions.
- Taxi - Both Local taxis and Tourist Taxis are available at cheap rates.
- Car - There are many Car rental companies offering cars with drivers or self drive.
- Chittoor JN.
- Vakayar. Vellavoor is there famous family
- Achen Kovil River.
- Konni Elephant Cage. Konni is the gateway to the forest bordering the district. In the past, wild elephants caught from the forests were brought here and put in wooden cages known as Anakoodu to be tamed and trained for work. It is situated 11 km away from Pathanamthitta.
- Trekking. Lot of forest area.
- Surya (Opposite Konni Bus Stand). One of the cheap and normal bars. Not bad.
"Kutty's" A 3 star facility located across Konni Jn. for refreshment and relaxation with reasonably good standard.
- Residency inn, Market Junction. Neat & Standard