Kopeng is a small town in Central Java.
Kopeng is a mountainous town (1500 m above sea level) whose name is believed to come from the word "kopek" (means "breast milk(?)")
Kopeng covers a small area and therefore quite walkable. Some people choose to hire and ride a horse (with the "guide") for a leisurely "tour".
- 1 Mount Merbabu. An inactive volcano with a height of 3142 m above sea level.
- 2 Umbul Songo waterfall. A seasonal waterfall which is completely dried up during the dry season! Umbul Songo literally means "nine fountains".
- The playground is quite good for children to have fun.
- Swimming (if you can stand the freezing cold pool water)
- 1 Kopeng Treetop Adventure Park, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. 08:30–17:00. This park is in the middle of 7 hectares of pine forest. It has outbond activities, Zipcoaster (a fusion between flying fox and roller coaster, which passes through an iron track along 500 meters), camping grounds, and Treetop Sky Resto, a tree house restaurant. Admission Rp50,000 (weekday), Rp60,000 (weekend), for attractions see web page.
Do not buy vegetables or fruit (although they have a wet market) if you are not prepared to bargain hard.
Indonesian food - fried rice, soto, rawon.
- Hotel Kartika Wisata Kopeng (inside the recreational park). Rooms with hot water. Restaurant and swimming pool close by, owned by the same hotel. (It is an old hotel which has been part of the recreational park).
- Griya Loka Indah Hotel. A luxurious hotel.
In addition, there are numerous villas for rent. Before checking in, find out whether the villa that you choose has hot showers or not, as the temperature tends to be freezing cold at night (and cool at midday).
The area code is 0298 (same as Salatiga).