Kukup is a town in Pontian District, Johor, Malaysia. It consists of Tanjung Piai, the southernmost point of mainland Asia.
Go towards Pontian Kecil town. From JB turn left, from Batu Pahat proceed, to south direction. Travel for about 20 km before reaching Kukup town. Proceed on for about 2 kilometers before you reach Kukup Laut where you can find the ferry terminal to Tanjung Balai in Indonesia.
You can take a bus service from Larkin Bus Terminal in Johor Bahru to get to Kukup. It costs about RM17/pax.
You can hail a taxi from Johor Bahru to get to Kukup. Most of the taxis do not use meter so you have settle the price before boarding the taxi. It is very easy to get a taxi in Malaysia especially Johor Bahru and Kukup.
Kukup houses the Kukup International Ferry Terminal, with ferry services to Tanjung Balai Karimun, Indonesia.
- 1 Kukup Island (Pulau Kukup). Island.
- 1 Tanjung Piai National Park (Taman Negara Tanjung Piai), 82030. Jungle trekking in a mangrove forest.
Most water chalets in Kukup provide up to 4 meals per day, inclusive of the famous BBQ seafood buffet for dinner. This includes Sambal Sotong (Spicy squid), clams, sambal stingray, barbequed pork, fish and chilli crab.
- 1 Kukup Golf Resort, Pekan Penerok, 82300, ☏ +6076960950, email@example.com. Resort.
- 2 Kukup Seaview Resort, 82300 Kukup. Resort.
- 3 Tanjung Piai Resort, alan Terus Tanjung Piai, Serkat, 82300. Resort.