Air Timor has services to Dili three times per week.
- Bandar Udara El Tari (El Tari AIrport), Jl. Adi Sucipto, ☎ +62 274 484261 (fax: +62 380 - 881263).
You can use "Microbus" (locally called bemo). The uniqueness of public transportation in the city of Kupang is due to the appearance filled with accessories, decorations and music blaring.
- Lasiana Beach (Pantai Lasiana). Famous for its white sand. There aren't many buildings, so you can enjoy the natural beach.
If you like loud music, you can try "Diskotek Berjalan" style of Kupang.
- Roslin Orphanage, Kupang (Timor). If you are in Kupang a visit to the Roslin Orphanage is a definite must. Google and youtube "Roslin Orphanage" for more information. Peggy and Budi Soehardi are CNN heroes and once you read about their story, you will understand why. Better yet, don't just read about it - go and visit the orphanage and meet them in person.
- Waterpark Kupang, Jl. WJ Lalamentik. A water-amusement park.
- 1 Flobamora Mall, Jl. WJ Lalamentik. The largest mall in area is the Ramayana Department Store which includes shops, food courts, games and other facilities. Flobamora Mall is a family mall concept to provide all the needs of the family in one place.
- 2 Hypermart Kupang, Jl. El Tari II Bundaran PU, ☎ .
Kupang is famous for seafood in Indonesia. Also, "Jagung Bose" is found only in Kupang. If you like corn, you can buy it along the sidewalk on the Jalan El Tari (in front of the Governor's office). Every night there is a street food market centred around Jalan Kosasih, not far from the shore. The stalls fry up lots of fresh seafood - fish, lobsters, crabs etc. while the tahu tempe penyet is a great vege option. Next to the food stalls are drinks stations where the best options are the fresh juice. Juice avokap (avocado juice) and jus naga (dragonfruit juice) are especially common and are blended with ice, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk/chocolate syrup.
- Restoran Nelayan, Jl. Timor Raya 14, ☎ . Beachside restaurant with lots of choices including seafood. You can enjoy this dish in huts on the seafront
- Restoran Teluk Kupang, Jl.Timor Raya, ☎ . Also beachside restaurant which served delicious seafood.
- Grilled Banana in Lasiana Beach. Here you can eat grilled banana with a variety of flavors while enjoying the beautiful beach and the sound of waves
- Kelimutu Hotel, Jalan Gunung Meja. Check-out: 1pm. A three-storey hotel that has seen better days. However, private rooms with bathrooms and AC are available for a good price. Located not far from the central bus terminal and the night street food market. The staff are friendly though no English is spoken. Free tea and coffee in the morning. Free Wifi is available around the reception area. Standard fan 100,000R, Standard AC 125,000R, Deluxe AC 150,000R.
- Lavalon Hostel, ☎ . Is a backpacker spot with a friendly English speaking staff, who will answer any question about flights, buses and ferries, flyers and maps on other hostels in Roti and East Timor, and is a good place to meet other backpackers with whom you can talk and share information. Dorm room 70,000R.
- 1 SwissBel Inn Kristal, Jl. Timor Raya 59, ☎ . A three-star international hotel located in the heart of Kupang. Only 20 minutes from El Tari Airport, the hotel allows easy access to the business and government district as well as some of the most noteworthy sites located in the vicinity, making it the ideal choice for business and leisure travellers alike
- T-More Hotel, Jl. Piet A. Tallo, ☎ . Three star hotel with the concept of transit and business
No ferry from Kupang to Dili is running as of January 22, 2012. You can currently only go to Dili via land. As of May 26th, 2015, all EU passport holders except for those with Ireland or UK passports no longer need a visa to East Timor due to an agreement signed between the EU and East Timor government, and are permitted free entrance into East Timor for 90 days. Otherwise, for all nationalities except Indonesian, a free 'Visa Authorisation Letter' must be obtained from the East Timorese Consulate prior to reaching the land border.