Southern Azerbaijan is a region in Azerbaijan, which includes Agjabadi, Beylaqan, Kurdamir, Imishli, Saatli, Ujar, Zardab rayons as well as the parts of Agdam and Fuzuli rayons under Azerbaijani control.
- 1 Agjabadi (Ağcabədi) – The capital of the homonymous region and the birthplace of Uzeyir Hajibeyov, the father of classical and opera in Azerbaijan.
- 2 Beylaqan (Beyləqan) – One of the oldest cities in Azerbaijan located in the triangle between the Kura and Aras rivers in the steppe Mil.
- 3 Imishli (İmişli) – The capital of the homonymous region, located in an area near the Aras River.
- 4 Kurdamir (Kürdəmir) – Located on one of the main Azerbaijani railway lines east-west, connecting the capital, Baku, with the rest of the country.
- 5 Saatli – The capital of the region of the same name.
- 6 Ujar (Ucar) – The capital of the region is the same name at 17 m N.N.
- 7 Zardab – The capital of the region of the same name. The founder of the first Azeri newspaper, Hasan bey Zardabi, lived here.
- 1 Ag-Gel National Park / Agh Gol National Park (Ağ göl Milli Parkı). Composed largely of Lake Ağgöl. Highly recommended by the internet.
- Kura-Araks Lowland (Kura-Aras Basin). A vast lowland in central-southern Azerbaijan defined by the valleys of the Kura and Aras River.
- Azerbaijan has a well developed bus system between the local city and village terminals.
- Drivers are commonly friendly with backpackers and road trippers, so auto-stop is equally an option to travel within the region.
- Baku Region in the north east. With the cosmopolitan Azerbaijani capital Baku, and famous for its mud volcanoes.
- Sheki Region in the north. Gateway to the Azerbaijani Caucasus.
- Ganja Region in the north west. Famous for the largest lake in Azerbaijan, the beautiful Ganja and the Naftalan petroleum spa resort.
- Talysh Region in the south east.