Lý Sơn is an insular district in Quảng Ngãi province, Central Coast (Vietnam). Lý sơn is known for its many temples, beaches and garlic fields.
Ferries and speedboats depart for Lý Sơn from Cang Sa Ky Port daily. During busy periods such as the weekends, public holidays, and Vietnamese summer holidays, although extra boats are added to the schedule, it can still become very busy. If you are travelling during peak times, it is recommended to buy or reserve a ticket at least one day before.
- 1 Chu Lai Airport. Chu Lai Airport is the nearest airport to Ly Son island. Flights daily from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- 2 Sa Ky port (Cảng Sa Kỳ), ☏ , , email@example.com. Port to take speedboat to Ly Son island. There are 4-5 boats everyday to Ly Son.
There are taxis, tuk-tuks and rentable motorcycles on the island, all of which provide easy access to get to the major points of interest.
- 1 Cong To Vo (The Archway) (go along the road to the left of the port). An archway on the beach. Good place to see sunset.
- 2 Đỉnh Thới Lới (Thoi Loi Mount). An extinct volcano with great view of the whole island. free.
- 3 Hồ Thới Lới (Thoi Loi lake). A freshwater lake on top of the extinct volcano. Free.
- 4 Chùa Hang (Thiên Khổng Thạch Tự). A buddhist pagoda inside a mountain cave, overlooking the sea
The garlic harvesting season goes from February to March, which is the best time to buy the produce.