Jump to navigation Jump to search
La Goulette is located at the Mediterranean coast, some 10 km east of downtown Tunis.
By taxi, the town is 15 minutes from Tunis and costs 10 DT. There is a train station, 200 m from the town center.
La Goulette is a also a port for cruise ships.
- 1 Fort de la Goulette (Karraka).
- Ouzara Barracks.
- L'Aquarius, Grilled fresh fish, couscous, and steaks. Mains 12-15 DT.
- L'Avenir, ☏ . 18, Avenue Roosevelt. Great food at reasonable prices; mains for 10-12 DT; serves alcohol.
- La Sirene across from L'Avenir. Good and cheap fish. There is no menu: you choose a fish from the big marple counter at the next door fishmonger, pay by weight, and add 2 DT to have the fish prepared for you. You can have a salade tunisienne while the chef prepares the fish on the big coal-fired grill. No alcohol. A whole meal can be less than 10 DT.
- Ma mie Lily just off Ave. Habib Bourguiba, on the street running from the Goulette Casino TGM stop. Small Tunisian-Jewish restaurant; delicious all-Mediterranean food; cozy atmosphere; open for dinner Saturday-Thursday. Mains around 15 DT.
- La Jetee, ☏ . Hotel at the beach. 70 DT/night.