Lahich (Lahıc, Lahij) is a mountain village in the Sheki Region.
Lahich is a remote and scenic mountain village off the track. There exist only a few guesthouses in the village, and people go after the traditional lives. The village centre is plastered with large and beautiful looking coble stones, which only allow for a slow pace. Along this main road, merchants sell traditional copper work, for which it is famous, and some souvenirs.
Minivan buses, which are often packed like sardines, depart at 08:30 and 11:00 in the morning from Ismailli. To catch the bus, wait at the intersection near the bus station, diagonal from the Lukoil petrol station in Ismailli.
Taxis from Ismailli cost as little as 12 manat for the 40-min one way trip or 35 manat for a round trip.
There is only one road into and out of Lahich. The last 7 km of the road are unsealed and sometimes even impassable, when there was a landslide. However, people are quite fast cleaning up. The dirt road is possible with a regular car, just very slowly.
The main road in Lahic, which is made of large stones, is a little over a kilometer in length and walking the entire length of the street can be completed in thirty minutes. Cars and bikes are not allowed in the historic section of Lahic during daylight hours.
- 1 Village Centre. Mo-Su 09:00-18:00. Beautiful coble stone road and copper work shops.
- Hiking in the area around Lahich or even towards Quba – see OpenStreetMap, which many mobile Apps like OsmAnd, MAPS.ME, etc. use, for trails.
- 1 Mt. Babadağ (along the trail towards Quba, about 32 km from Lahich). 3629 m
- Copper work
- There also exist a small 1 supermarket (Agami market) in the centre near the small bridge along the main road.
A hand full of restaurants and teashops are hidden away in lanes off the main street in Lahich, and most of these close once the sun goes down. Several small supermarkets are located in Lahich, where you can find most basic food stuff.
- 1 Ancient Lahij Guest House, N. Huseynov Street 57, ☏ . Check-in: until 23:00, check-out: from 07:00. Dadash is the friendly owner of this guesthouse, which offers up to 4 beds. He also has a camp ground (his lawn) with allowed usage of bath and toilet. From 35 manat (for 3), 5 manat for tent.
- There exists an 2 ATM in the village, along the main road at the beginning.
- The 3 post office can be found near the small bridge in the centre.
Lahich is probably just a stop over on your regular route. However, next stops could include:
- Sheki – A beautiful city in the Caucasus mountains with lots to see and do. It has one of the largest densities of cultural resources and monuments that span 2,700 years of Azerbaijani history.
- Qabala – New resort town deep in Caucasian Mountains, which has taken its name from the archaeological site about 20 km southwest.
- Shamakhi – A town that used to be the capital of the Medieval state of Shirvan. Famous for its traditional dancers, Şamaxı dancers, and its impressive mosque. An ancient history and once one of the key cities along the Silk Road.
or even Quba by foot.