North America > United States of America > Southwest (United States of America) > Arizona > Western Arizona > Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City is a city in Mohave County in western Arizona. It is known best for being the home of the 1831 London Bridge, which Robert McCulloch, the founder of the city, bought from the British government in 1967.
Lake Havasu City is on Arizona State Route 95, which is accessed via Exit 9 off Interstate 40, about 10 miles east of the California border and 42 miles west of Kingman.
By bus and train
- Amtrak, Needles, CA. Needles, California, on I-40 about 20 miles west of Exit 9, is the closest city with an Amtrak station. It is served by the Southwest Chief Chicago - Los Angeles route.
Arizona State Route 95 is the city's main (and only) artery.
See and Do
There are some great sunsets to see in this area in the summer as the sun goes down over the surrounding hills. There are many places to do watersports on the lake with this a popular destination for boating holidays. There is also a golf range near one of the hotels.
- 1 London Bridge, McCulloch Blvd over the Bridgewater Channel Canal. Built in 1831 over the River Thames in London (replacing an earlier bridge from the 13th century), the bridge was dismantled in 1967 and shipped in pieces to Lake Havasu City, where it was carefully reconstructed.
There are several restaurants if the London Bridge is crossed onto the island.
- 1 Mudshark Brewery, 210 Swanson Ave, ☏ . Noted for craft beers including Full Moon, Belgian white ale and the Up River lager. Also serves pizzas and pub food.
There is a Best Western set off the main road in Lake Havasu. This is on the opposite side of the road to the lake. It has a swimming pool in the middle court yard and secure boat parking. There are also several hotels round the London Bridge area of Lake Havasu and some smaller bed and breakfasts.
- 1 Heat Hotel, 1420 N McCulloch Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Very modern hotel right next to London Bridge with funky rooms with Bridge views. The lively bar (which is also the reception area) with a large outdoor drinking area with Bridge views are clearly audible in rooms, so it's not a hotel for those who want a quiet early night!
- 2 London Bridge Resort, 1477 Queens Bay Lake (on the water and at the base of the London Bridge, 20 minutes from Havasu City Airport), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. On 110 beautiful waterfront acres.
|Routes through Lake Havasu City|
|Bullhead City ← Needles via ←||N S||→ Parker → Quartzsite|