Naivasha is a city in Kenya, 90 km northwest of Nairobi on Lake Naivasha.
- There are frequent matatus from Nairobi (1½ hr, Ksh 200-300)
- The train from Nairobi takes around 4 hr leaving Nairobi at 6:30PM and Naivasha at 4:55AM.
- The bus or matatu fare from Naivasha to Nakuru is Ksh 180 and the trip takes one hour.
Matatus run along the Moi South Lake Rd to Kongoni (one hour, Ksh 100). You can get off for the Hell's Gate National Park on the way.
- Lake Naivasha is a beautiful freshwater lake with the highest elevation of the Kenyan Rift valley at 1,890 m. It's a popular weekend getaway for Nairobians.
- Hell's Gate National Park, outside the town, south of Lake Naivasha.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Naivasha to see the birds and hippos.
- Bike through Hell's Gate National Park and see the zebra, gazelle and warthogs.
- Hike down and through the Ol Njorowa Gorge. You can get a local guide at the entrance to the gorge. Wear hiking shoes and be prepared to get a little muddy.
- Dine on fresh fish from the lake.
- Buffalo Mall, Moi S Lake Road. 9AM-9PM. many stores and a Tuskys Supermarket.
- Naivas Supermarket, Blashara street. 8AM-8PM. large supermarket
- Equity Bank. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
The lodges and other accommodation usually have a restaurant (and bar) on site. You can also visit the local villages for fresh and very cheap Kenyan food in the restaurants and cafes.
Most lodges have a bar on site, sometimes with a TV for sports. For cheaper beer go to the bars in the villages.
- 1 Fisherman's Camp, ☏ , . Fisherman's Camp is a campsite situated on the shores of Lake Naivasha (meaning 'rippling waters' in Masai). A fully equipped cottage and 4 Bandas (Kenya's equivalent to small challets) are also available. The site also has its own bar and restaurant (phone +254 5 050 462 for bookings). camping Ksh 700 per person, camping in their tents (without bedding) Ksh 950 per person, cabins for 3-5 people Ksh 5,000.
- [dead link] Fish Eagle Inn (Located next to Fisherman's Camp), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fish Eagle Inn has a range of accommodation from dormitories to executive suites with options for full and half board, or bed only. Camping Ksh 600, dorm bed Ksh 1000.
- G M T Guest House, next to weigh bridge mai mahiu. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. Fan double room with own bathroom and TV. from Ksh 1300.
- Naivasha Silver View, Kenyatta Ave, ☏ . Single/double rooms. Ksh 800.
- Naivasha Guest House, Kenyatta Avenue (2 km from town center.), ☏ . Single/double rooms with own bathrooms. From Ksh 1,000.
- Heshima B & L, Kariuki Chotara Road, ☏ . Room with outside hot water bathroom. Ksh 800.
- YMCA, Moi South Lake Road (15 km from the junction.), ☏ . Camping, dorm beds, room. Camping Ksh 400, dorm bed Ksh 600.
- Wambuku Lodge, Moi Avenue (next to the post office.), ☏ . Single/double rooms with own bathroom. From Ksh 1200.
- Four Seasons Lodge (next to Mosque.). Double room with own bathroom. Ksh 800.
From Naivasha Town you can catch a matatu north to Nakuru.