A bus or Matatu to Nakuru (68 km) takes just over one hour. There are also matatus going to Nanyuki (94 km). and Nyeri (115 km). From Nyahururu to Nyeril takes 2 hours in a matatu and cost Ksh 200. From Nyahururu to Maralal takes 5 hours and costs Ksh 500.
Since this is a small town, you can walk to most places.
- Thomson's Falls.
- Kenya commercial bank. Has a MasterCard/Visa ATM.
- Spears Supermarket, Koinange Road. 8am-9pm. has most thing you need lower prices.
- Shirikisho Supermarket (town center). 8am-8.30pm.
- Equity Bank, c77 highway. 24 hours. master card visa card atm.
- Safari Lodge, Go Down Road, ☏ . 38 single/double rooms with own bathroom. Sometimes has hot water. balcony. breakfast from Ksh 1000.
- Nyaki Hotel, off Kenyatta Rd, ☏ . Single/double rooms. from Ksh 800.
- County Hostel., off Sulukia Rd (behide the county council office). Single rooms. Ksh 800.
- Shepherd Inn, Nyahururu Nyeri Rd. Check-in: noon, check-out: 10AM. Double room with own bathroom Ksh 1250.
- Aberdare Ranges resort, Nyahururu-Nairobi Rd. Double room with own bathroom. TV, breakfast. from Ksh 1500.