Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nanyuki is in Southern Rift Valley, north-west of Mount Kenya.
There are buses and minivans to/from
- Nairobi (3 hours, Ksh 400) (Oct 2018)
- Nyeri (1 hour) Ksh 200 for a 14 seat mimivan.
- Meru (1½ hours) Ksh 280 for an 11-seat minivan.
- Isiolo (1½ hours)
- Nakuru (3 hours)
- Mt Kenya Wildlife Aminal Orphanage. (Mt Kenya Safari Culb). 8AM-5:30PM. Ksh 1500 per person.
Malls & supermarkets
- Nanyuki Mall, Nyeri-Nanyuki Road. 8AM-8PM.
- Cedar Mall, Rumuruti Road. 8AM-6PM. The largest shopping mall in Nanyuki. Has a Chandarana foodplus supermarket.
- Chieni Supermarket, Market Road, ☏ . 8AM-8PM. Large supermarket with a fast food café.
Banks & ATMs
- Equity Bank, Nyeri-Nanyuki Road. 24-hour ATM.
- KFC, Cedar mall. 8AM-9PM.
- Joskaki Hotel, Lumumba Road, ☏ . Single/double rooms with own hot water bathroom. Has own bar and restaurant. from Ksh 800.
- Nanyuki 1950 lodge, Hospital Rd (near town center). Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. Double room with own bathroom and net and cable TV. Ksh 1300.
- Safari lodge, Hospital Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Single or double rooms with own bathroom. Has 38 rooms. balcony Ksh 1400.
- Jazza Pub Hotel, Lumumba Rd. Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Double room with own bathroom net and TV, free buffet breakfast. Ksh 1700.
- Ibis Hotel, willy Jimmy Road (opp park), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 2000.
- Peak Internet Cafe, Lumumba Road (2nd floorBidhaa bora bldg). 9AM-9PM. Ksh 60 per hour.