Nyeri is in Southern Rift Valley.
Many buses and matatus go from
- Nyahururu 102 km (2 hours)
- Nanyuki 60 km (1½ hours) 14 seat minivan ksh200.
- Thika 113 km (2 hours)
- Embu 75 km (1½ hours)
- Nairobi 155 km (3 hours) ksh400 on a 11 seat minivan.
The railway line between Nairobi and Nanyuki has been rehabilitated and daily passenger train are expected to return during the fall of 2020. However, travelling by train is still slower compared to taking the bus. The station is located in the village of Kiganjo, about six kilometres northeast of the city.
- 1 Kiganjo railway station.
- 1 Baden-Powell grave. The graves of Baden-Powell and his wife, Olave, are in Nyeri, near Mount Kenya. Lord Baden-Powell was buried in 1941 in St. Peter's Cemetery in the Wajee Nature Park. His gravestone bears a circle with a dot in the center, which is the trail sign for "Going home", or "I have gone home." Kenya has declared Baden-Powell's grave a national monument.
- 2 Wajee Nature Park. A bird conservancy and nature park in Mukuruwe-ini, central Kenya.
- 3 Baden Powell Museum (1 km west of town in the grounds of the Outspan Hotel). Open on request. Entrance Ksh 250.
- Naivas Department store & Supermarket, Gakere Road. 6:45AM-8:30PM. biggest department store and supermarket in Nyeri. Has their own restaurant. low price.
- Equity Bank. 24-hour ATM. Has a Master Card/Visa Card ATM no fee atm for overseas cards..
- Mathai Supermarket, Gakere road. 7AM-9PM.
- Ecobank, Gakere Road.. 24-hour ATM. Has a no fee Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Samrat Supermarket, Gakere Road. 8am-08.30pm. large supermarket with lower prices. lower prices.
- Rayjos Cafe, Kimathi Way. low price.
- Raybells Cafe, Kimathi Way. Sells pizza. low price.
- Nyeri Star Board & Lodging, Gakere Rd, ☏ . Single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 700.
- Thingira Guest House, off Kenyatta Rd, ☏ . Single/double room with own bathroom. Ksh 1200.
- Tickles Hotel, Gakere Rd. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 9AM. Single/double room with own bathroom and TV. from Ksh 1500.
- Maru B Count Hotel, Gakere Road. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. clean single room with own hot water bathroom. TV. Free soap. from Ksh 1000.
- Ibis Hotel, Kanisa Road, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. Ksh from 1400.
- Iperial Guest House, Kimathi Way. single double rooms with own bathroom. all rooms have a tv. free breakfast. from Ksh1300.
- Mountain Palce Hotel, Gakere Road (off Kimathi Way). 35 single double rooms with own bathroom. hot water. free wifi. free breakfast. from Ksh1400.