The town consists of two main parts: central Meru, and junction town, which grew in the north, around the junction of B6 and the road to Maua.
There are minivans from
- Nanyuki (1½ hours) Ksh280 for a 11 seat minivan.
- Embu (2 hours).
- Nairobi (5 hours) Ksh600 for a 11 seat minivan.
- Isiolo (1½ hours).
- Airkenya Express fly from Wilson Airport Nairobi to the small Meru airport.
As this is a small town, you can walk to most places. Or if you prefer, there are motorbike taxis.
- 1 National Museums of Kenya-Meru Museum, ☏ . Local lore, e.g. axe weapons, houses, gender-based traditions, etc.
Banks & ATMs
- Equity Bank, Njuri Ncheke Street. 24-hour ATM. Mastercard/Visa card ATM. no fee for overseas cards..
- Ecobank, Njuri Ncheke Street. 24 hour atm. Mastercard/Visa card ATM. no fee for overseas cards..
Malls & supermarkets
- Mathai Supermarket. 7AM-8:30PM.
- Society stores, Embu-Meru Highway. 7AM-9PM. lower prices..
- Tuskys Supermarket. 7:30AM-10PM.
- Budget Supermarket, C91 Road. 8AM-7:30PM.
- 1 Stemuki Guesthouse (Tom Mboya and Kirkukuri Road, opposite Absa bank). Big guest house with lots of floors. Bar + simple cafe onsite. Single/double rooms with own bathroom. Ksh 1000.
- 2 Meru Paramount Hotel, Tom Mboya St, ☏ . Has food service and also some appealing views of surrounding countryside from higher floors. Ksh 4266.
- Talya Suites kinoru Stadium Road. Twin room with own bathroom Ksh 1300.
- Becca Hotel kirukuri Street. Phone 254-713-297223. Very Clean Single double rooms with own hot water bathroom. TV in all rooms. All you can eat breakfast. good Wifi in all rooms. from Ksh 1600.