Lake Ozark is in Missouri.
Business Route 54 passes through Lake Ozark. It Intersects Hwy 54 near Bagnell Dam to the North (East) and near Osage Beach to the South (West) (Route 54 is an East-West Route. However, it travels primarily North and South in this area.)
Most people walk the strip, but be aware...it is all up hill from the dam. You will need a car or you can ride the city's Strip Express for $1.00. There are also taxis available.
- The Lake Ozark “Strip” is the original development in the Lake of the Ozarks region. Business Route 54 is the original Hwy 54 and the only route across the lake was through the strip. In the 1970s a new Hwy 54 bridge was built allowing traffic to circumvent the Strip. Many original business from the 1930s and 1940s remain there.
- Take a dinner cruise on the Captain Larry Don excursion boat [dead link] ($25 all you can eat baby back ribs and chicken buffet)
- See the lake on a 1- or 2-hour excursion aboard the Commander [dead link] 1 hour for $12 or 2 hours for $18 (half price for kids aged 6-15 and free under 6)
- The Tom Sawyer paddlewheeler offers 90-minute cruises.
- Go golfing at the Lodge of the Four Seasons
- 1/2 hour helicopter rides beginning at $29 per person.
The Lake Ozark Strip is all Mom & Pop shops - an eclectic variety of crafts and collectibles.
- Casino Pier April - October
- Huckleberry's April - October
- Rock Bottom Bar and Grill April - October
- Stewart's Restaurant is open year around for Breakfast and Lunch
The Horny Toad Entertainment Complex has several bars, good food and nice atmosphere for a 'lake restaurant'. Dorsey's has great BBQ,Dock Knockers, Bayoo Bills, Dog Days, Paradise. All good food with unique atmospheres and nice water views.
- Baxter's Lakeside Grill, 2124 Bagnell Dam Boulevard, ☏ . Not very cheap food and drinks, but watching the sun set over the lake from the patio is priceless! Good service.
- Commander Excursion boat. Has a bar aboard and is best known for 2 hour cruises to “Millionaires's Cove” The Commander also makes occasional Pub Crawl Cruises to lakeside bars. It has a bar aboard. Canned Beer $3; Mixed drinks. $3; Well $4; Call $5
- Captain Larry Don excursion boat. Has two bars one each of the first two decks. This boat is mostly used for dinner cruises and night time dance cruises. Draft Beer $2; Canned Beer $3; Mixed drinks. $3; Well $4; Call $5
- Casino Pier. Outdoor café and Port of the Captain Larry Don & Commander excursion boats Phone 1-888-411-CAPT(2278)
- S.N.A.F.U. is bar popular with bikers.
- Huckleberry's Floating Restaurant & Port of the Tom Sawyer excursion boat
- Rock Bottom bar and grill has a huge multi-level outdoor deck lakeside.
- Rock Island Line is a small bar with pool tables. It is popular with bikers.
- Tom Sawyer excursion boat has a bar aboard
- Edgewater resort is an old resort with lake side cabins
There are many things to do around the Lake of the Ozarks area.
|Routes through Lake Ozark|
|Nevada ← Camdenton ←||W E||→ Eldon → Jefferson City|