Langport is a fairly small place so walking is your best option. Bicycles can also be rented from the tourist information centre just over the Parrot bridge.
The Hanging Chapel on Hurds Hill, St. Mary's Church, the River Parrett that runs though the town and the Somerset levels that surround it. The Dutch style architecture of many of the town houses, a relic of 17th and 18th century immigration from the Netherlands. Two other buildings worth seeing are The Tudor house and The Warehouse in Great Bow Yard, both restored by the Somerset Buildings Preservation Trust.
- 1 Muchelney Abbey, Muchelney, TA10 0DQ (2 miles south of Langport), ☏ . adults £4.40, children £2.60, concessions £4.00.
The River Parrett flows through the town and is an excellent place to take a walk on a summers day. There are large amounts of farmland and fields to walk around also. There is also an abandoned railway line converted into a footpath, the Parrett Cycleway, running for around a mile to the south of the town.
Langport isn't really known for its excellent options to eat out. The only real option is the Chinese! However there's a great deal of places in nearby towns that take little time to reach.
Langport has a surprisingly (for its size) large amount of pubs. Whether or not you wish to drink in some of them is another matter however! Most popular are The Langport Arms, The Rose and Crown and Kelways. If you wish to try some of the more local ales The Halfway House on the main road between Langport and Somerton is an excellent choice equally with travellers and locals. Be warned though as it can get a bit crowded at times due to it only being a small establishment.
- 1 Langport Arms Hotel, TA10 9PD, ☏ .
- 2 The Lynch, 4 Behind Berry, Somerton TA11 7PD, ☏ . Beautiful B&B in a Georgian country house with extensive garden. B&B double £110.
- 3 Devonshire Arms, Long Sutton TA10 9LP (B3165), ☏ . Pub / restaurant with rooms on the village green. In a former hunting lodge, the nine rooms have fresh modern style, and it's the dining that most impresses. B&B double £100.
- 4 White Hart, Market Place, Somerton TA11 7LX, ☏ . Gastropub with 8 rooms, comfy and stylish, gets great reviews for the food. B&B double £90.