Yeovil is a town in Somerset. The helicopter manufacturer AugustaWestland is the major local industry.
Thanks to the foresight of Victorian railway engineers, Yeovil is on two railway lines that cross but do not link up and is therefore proud to possess two railway stations, 1 Yeovil Junction station and 2 Yeovil Pen Mill station.
Still, neither is more than a stone's throw from the centre of town and a free, frequent and fast connecting bus service is provided by FirstGroup as part of its commitment to providing an integrated transport service throughout South West England.
- 1 Jack the Treacle Eater, BA22 9TB.
- 2 Tintinhull Garden, Farm Street, Tintinhull, BA22 8PZ (4 miles north west of Yeovil), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Museum of South Somerset.
- 4 Fleet Air Arm Museum, Ilchester, BA22 8HW (7 miles north of Yeovil), ☏ , ✉ Fleetairarm.email@example.com.
- 5 Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, BA22 7LH (9 miles North of Yeovil), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 Abbey Farm House.
- 7 Lytes Cary Manor, near Somerton, TA11 7HU (8 miles north of Yeovil), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 8 Montacute House, Montacute, TA15 6XP (3 miles west of Yeovil), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9 Newtown Surmaville.
- Watch football ie soccer at 1 Yeovil Town FC, Huish Park, Lufton Way, BA22 8YF. They were relegated in 2019 and now play in the National League, the fifth tier of English football.
- Somerset County Cricket Club. Plays some of its home fixtures in Yeovil.
Yeovil is the headquarters of Screwfix, and a cordless drill or packet of raw-plugs will provide the perfect souvenir of your visit.
Alternatively, the local Tesco Supermarket do a lovely range of cheap and cheerful fizzy ciders, typical of the region. Look out for brands such as Frosty Jack, Dry Blackthorn or even the supermarket's reasonably priced own brand cider beverage. On a summer's day, many Yeovilians can be seen enjoying the delights of the centrally located St John's Church town greens, gently supping the county's famous brew. The atmosphere is one of liveliness and joyful revelry, a characteristic of this effervescent South Somerset market town.
- 1 Hollies Hotel Restaurant, Bower Hinton, Martock, TA12 6LG (5 mins from A303), ☏ . 6PM-9PM. The restaurant occupies a major part of the original Principle building dating back to the 17th century. The bar and the restaurant have been refurbished and although the design is stylish and contemporary, the building retains all its period features. Where possible, locally produced foods are used in all of their dishes. Diners can choose from a varied range of English/French-style cuisine, which is complemented by a list of fifty carefully selected wines. £9.95-25.
|Routes through Yeovil|
|Exeter ← Honiton ←||W E||→ Sherborne → Salisbury|
|Bristol ← Shepton Mallet ←||N S||→ Dorchester|
|Exeter ← Ilminster ←||W E||→ Wincanton → London|