Sherborne is a small town in England. A market town and civil parish in northwest Dorset, it's sited on the River Yeo on the edge of the Blackmore Vale. Much of the old town, including its abbey and many medieval and Georgian buildings, is built from distinctive ochre-coloured ham stone.
- 1 Sherborne Old Castle, Castleton, DT9 3SA, ☏ . ruins, destroyed in 1645 by a fierce siege. adults £3.60, children £2.20, concessions £3.20.
- 2 Sherborne Abbey. has one of the finest examples in Britain of a fan vaulted ceiling.
- 3 Fleet Air Arm Museum. comprehensive collection of naval aircraft
- 4 Sherborne New Castle. built in 1594 by Sir Walter Raleigh
Sherborne is an excellent place for a spot of retail therapy - the town's boutiques offer delightful and varied shopping, and its antique shops are full of fascinating finds. The ever-popular town markets and Farmers' Markets offer the perfect opportunity to purchase some tasty local produce and unique gifts.
Whether you prefer some heart-warming pub grub, elegant high teas, fine cuisine or simply a family-friendly dining experience, you can be sure that Sherborne will offer you many delicious local specialities to tempt your taste-buds! Contact Sherborne Tourist Information Centre for some expert advice.
- Eastbury Hotel, Long St, Sherborne DT9 3BY, ☏ . Given a skillful Edwardian makeover in 2018, this upscale place scores highly for comfort, service, and cuisine at Seasons Restaurant. B&B double £140.
The emergency numbers for the United Kingdom: serious emergencies (police, fire or ambulance) - 999; non-emergency police - 101; non-emergency health issues - 111. SMS messages can be sent to 999 after registration by sending a text message with the word 'Register' to 999. 911 redirects to 999 on mobile phones. Power outages - 105.
Sherbone is patrolled by the Dorset Police. The headquarters is at Winfrith and there are also 21 stations, including one in Sherbone [dead link] which is open two days per week.
|Routes through Sherborne|
|Yeovil ←||W E||→ Shaftesbury → Salisbury|