Sherborne is a small town in England.
- 1 Sherborne Old Castle, Castleton, DT9 3SA, ☏ . ruins, destroyed in 1645 by a fierce siege. adults £3.60, children £2.20, concessions £3.20.
- 2 Sherborne Abbey. has one of the finest examples in Britain of a fan vaulted ceiling.
- 3 Fleet Air Arm Museum. comprehensive collection of naval aircraft
- 4 Sherborne New Castle. built in 1594 by Sir Walter Raleigh
Sherborne is an excellent place for a spot of retail therapy - the town's boutiques offer delightful and varied shopping, and its antique shops are full of fascinating finds. The ever-popular town markets and Farmers' Markets offer the perfect opportunity to purchase some tasty local produce and unique gifts.
Whether you prefer some heart-warming pub grub, elegant high teas, fine cuisine or simply a family-friendly dining experience, you can be sure that Sherborne will offer you many delicious local specialities to tempt your taste-buds! Contact Sherborne Tourist Information Centre for some expert advice.
- The Eastbury Hotel, Long St, ☏ .
The emergency numbers for the United Kingdom; non-emergency police - 101; non-emergency health issues - 111. SMS messages can be sent to 999 after registration by sending a text message with the word 'Register' to 999. 911 redirects to 999 on mobile phones. Power outages - 105.
Sherbone is operated by the Dorset Police. The headquarters is at Winfrith and there are also 21 stations, including one in Sherbone.
|Routes through Sherborne|
|Yeovil ←||W E||→ Shaftesbury → Salisbury|